Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FTF / Tribute Caching Etiquette

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wait, doesn't that violate Groundspeak guidelines that prohibit publishing a cache that "promotes an agenda"? LOL :laugh:

Congrats you two!

Speaking of caches that promote an agenda (and cause a ton of chaos and confusion), the next time someone publishes a big series of caches and asks everyone to wait until a bunch of 4th graders FTF's them (when they don't even get the FTF thing), I'm gonna ignore the request. The "active geocaching club" of 4th graders grabbed one of them over a period of 3 days while everyone held off with no clear mention of when it was open season on the series. Next time I'll nab every dang one of them the night they publish. 

Wow Brian you are mean.  You would do that to little kids........ :stirpot:

Of course I am kidding.  I thought it was nice of us to wait a few days and then the CO told people different dates as to when she said go get it.  I thought that was in bad taste as well.  Sometimes you just can't win being nice. 

On another note there was a few new caches published by a newer cacher last night up near me.  I politely emailed the CO and said if you hide a micro in the woods you might want to leave a nice hint.  He emailed me back and said thanks for the advice and left a nice good hint.  Who likes hiking to a cache a mile and a half and can't find it due to bad coordinates or no information.

Posted · Report post

Wait, doesn't that violate Groundspeak guidelines that prohibit publishing a cache that "promotes an agenda"? LOL :laugh:

Congrats you two!

Speaking of caches that promote an agenda (and cause a ton of chaos and confusion), the next time someone publishes a big series of caches and asks everyone to wait until a bunch of 4th graders FTF's them (when they don't even get the FTF thing), I'm gonna ignore the request. The "active geocaching club" of 4th graders grabbed one of them over a period of 3 days while everyone held off with no clear mention of when it was open season on the series. Next time I'll nab every dang one of them the night they publish. 

Wow Brian you are mean.  You would do that to little kids........ :stirpot:

Of course I am kidding.  I thought it was nice of us to wait a few days and then the CO told people different dates as to when she said go get it.  I thought that was in bad taste as well.  Sometimes you just can't win being nice. 

On another note there was a few new caches published by a newer cacher last night up near me.  I politely emailed the CO and said if you hide a micro in the woods you might want to leave a nice hint.  He emailed me back and said thanks for the advice and left a nice good hint.  Who likes hiking to a cache a mile and a half and can't find it due to bad coordinates or no information.

The way all that went down? Sure, I'd do it in a minute. Lol

There's a cacher in the Shreveport area that won't include hints on his cache pages because he says that "real cachers don't need hints."  I don't agree with a blanket statement like that. Totally depends on the hide, the GZ, the container, container size, etc. Good that he received your advice so well.

Posted · Report post

If real cachers don't need a hint, then that would about kill the PAF, wouldn't it?  What a line of hogwash....  YMMV