Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minnesota area

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just did a couple of interesting caches in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area this week.

In MN there is a MacGyver series near the Grand Rapids area that is worth doing. GC3VW2R We did # 1 and 3 and look forward to doing the rest next year. Very well done, especially #3.

Near St. Paul did The Sword in the Stone GC27N0W

A cute letter box in Wisconsin (near MN state line) GC234QY George don't live here no more.

Posted · Report post

What were you doing in MN? We were expecting to run into you in AK where we've been the last 2 weeks since we seem to keep taking similar vacations.

Posted · Report post

We were helping tmbkr, our daughter and grandsons, move to Minneapolis then went and visited family up in Grand Rapids, MN. Mike and I then went west and south through Nebraska to Kansas to Mingo. We spent several days in Denver and am now in Colorado Springs. We are going up to Pikes Peak today and on Tues will ride the train through the royal gorge. We will be working on grabbing the counties in the panhandle on the way back next weekend.

Do you have the counties in upper TX? We could follow each other around those counties. I wish that I had an overlay (like log dawgs grid for the quad challenge) for TX counties. Any one know how to create that kind of overlay?????

Posted · Report post

We flew over CO. Does that count as visiting the same place? The pilot even pointed out Pikes Peak.

Posted · Report post

Do you have the counties in upper TX? We could follow each other around those counties. I wish that I had an overlay (like log dawgs grid for the quad challenge) for TX counties. Any one know how to create that kind of overlay? ????

No clue how to create it, but I was able to find one online.

Hope it is helpful.

Eagle