Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS: Paddle to the Picnic Event (Sat. Oct 13th.)

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That makes seven types of caches on the water (traditional, multi, EarthCache, letterbox hybrid, unknown, event, and CITO).

For those of you with 10k+ finds, it may not work, but those of you who have not done CLAPS III and who have few finds on this side of town can probably get a nearby virtual and the Wherigo in Clear Lake Park to make it 9. If you don't have one of the Galveston Webcams then there is #10.

Posted · Report post

And now we have a CITO event http://coord.info/GC3X8V7

Thanks. I was just thinking of that too.

I'm bringing the whole family (2 adults and 2 kids). But I was thinking that since I have that leg of CLAPS that perhaps we could help ferry some people from Parking to Launch. Then I'd launch from the Park and run up and do CLAPS II 1-6. I'd CITO the CLAPS II series.

Can I get credit for the Event and CITO with this plan?

Posted · Report post

I'm not the CO of that, but always held the philosophy if you're picking up trash on the bayou, or that will get into the bayou, then yes. [;].

THANK YOU for the shuttle assist, too! It looks like we're going to have a huge turnout.

BBQBOB2 has promised the weather will be beautiful and cool -- nothing like today. So any issues we have weather-wise should be brought to his attention.

Since you'll probably launch, do II and be back -- wanna be the grill master?

Posted · Report post

I'm not the CO of that, but always held the philosophy if you're picking up trash on the bayou, or that will get into the bayou, then yes. [;].

THANK YOU for the shuttle assist, too! It looks like we're going to have a huge turnout.

BBQBOB2 has promised the weather will be beautiful and cool -- nothing like today. So any issues we have weather-wise should be brought to his attention.

Since you'll probably launch, do II and be back -- wanna be the grill master?

I have a tendency to use spit to keep things moist, but I sure I'll volunteer.

Posted · Report post

Great, the plans are coming together for PuzzlePainter, ThePaperPilot and i to make it. Still working on TW.

I need to make arrangements for boats.

Posted · Report post

Everyone renting should be sure to get their reservations in asap to Pinky’s. If you have already made a reservation, I would call to confirm your reservation as well. If you cannot make it, please cancel your reservation.

(Please note -- I'm not coordinating the rentals! If you need a yak or canoe -- please call and set it up!)

You’ll most likely be talking with Josh or Vernon. If they ask for any clarity, we’re paddling from Spring Gulley (putting in on Red Bluff) and paddling to Bay Area Park (the pickup point).

Pinky’s

Phone: 713.510.7968

Cell: 713.291.4156

Also - a big THANK YOU to our shuttle volunteers! When you come by GZ, please let me know so I can direct people dropping off their yaks to you and your vehicle at the park.

So far, the weather is looking good! Hope to see you there. I’ll have CLAPS Challenge Tags at the after-event if anyone has earned one.

And don't forget to bring stuff to the picnic in the park afterwards!

Posted · Report post

Don't forget to post what you're going to bring on the after-event page. Remember, you'll be on the water for a good while. So if it needs to be cold, you'll have to keep it in a cooler in your vehicle at the park. Keep it easy. :)

I've gotten a few queries about who is bringing what -- and all we know is what is posted. So posting on the event page helps everyone figure all that out.

As posted on the event description, I'm bringing 4 packs of hot dogs, buns, and some sodas -- diet and regular. Looks like we have a fruit tray, veggies and dip, some sodas and waters, potato salad and cole slaw, and chips.

If you're coming, please post an attend or note on the cache page and let everyone know what you'll bring.

After event: http://coord.info/GC3HCQT

Kirbydox likes this

Posted · Report post

In my best Jimmy Cagney voice impression...

"Ok yous guys, here's how it's gonna be, see? You're gonna have a swell time, a cracker of a good time, see? A regular barrel of laughs, see? But, most important, yous wise-guys keep those peepers open and be extra careful out there! Get it? "

"Oh, and one more thing...PICTURES PLEASE! Thanks. Say, you're alright I tell ya...yeah, all right."

Posted · Report post

I'm going to shoot a humorous video of interviews and I am going to ask people to state their geocahing handles and why they are out on the water. Hopefully people will be creative...Oh and there will be flatulence noises too. Peace!

Posted · Report post

I'm going to shoot a humorous video of interviews and I am going to ask people to state their geocahing handles and why they are out on the water. Hopefully people will be creative...Oh and there will be flatulence noises too. Peace!

Should be a toot, er, I mean hoot! :coolsmiley:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I just picked up Styrofoam plates and plastic eating You-tencils to add tot he fun.

Posted · Report post

I just picked up Styrofoam plates and plastic eating You-tencils to add tot he fun.

And they were all washed off nicely in the gully.

Posted · Report post

The six hotdogs I had were delicious.

It was nice of you to eat the 6 hot dogs that Sydney dropped on the ground.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Just his way of partaking in the CITO!

Posted · Report post

Just his way of partaking in the CITO!