Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adios Texas!

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey all,

I've been pretty dormant lately... back in February I found out that my contract wasn't being renewed for this up coming school year. So after some thought I explored what a colleague mentioned, and found a job in Dubai! So this Sunday night I will fly out to Dubai and begin a new chapter in life in the Arabian Desert. In the time in between the end of school and through the end of July I did a lot of thinking and sitting at home, very little caching. Now that I'm back in Chicago with my family I've picked up caching again and have made several finds here.

I've already checked out the caching scene in the Middle East and it's emerging. I will help it along for sure. :-)

My caches are up for adoption... also on the LPCs, if it's missing please replace it or add paper if you have it with you. Or post in the log and maybe the next cacher can help out. If neither, I can just archive it.

Thanks for all the good times!!! I hope SETX takes the title again next year at the TC!

Sky Rookie

(John)

Posted · Report post

We (as Tealcat) can take over the caches on the Lone Star Trail (Geo Workout 1, 2, 3 and Skip).

On the one hand, I'm sorry to hear about the job, but on the other hand, congratulations on the new job!

Posted · Report post

Good luck in the future John. It has been a plesure spending time with you and we wish you the best. Please keep in touch

Posted · Report post

MOS73 will be working in Abu Dhabi for awhile and is planning several events around the UAE. You should look him up.

Posted · Report post

Wishing the best for you. It was a pleasure meeting and caching with you in Texas and here in Alabama several years ago. Take care.

Posted · Report post

MOS73 will be working in Abu Dhabi for awhile and is planning several events around the UAE. You should look him up.

He already hit me up. :)

Posted · Report post

He already hit me up. :)

Excellent! Post lots of pictures of MOS eating, lol.

Enjoy your time in that part of the world, it is different but beautiful in its own way. :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

The LPC in the Spring- Woodlands we will take....and possible other ones, please contact to discuss further-

Melissa- 281-733-9237 or email- Huff-Suter@hotmail.com

Edited by Huff-Suter

Posted · Report post

Take care and be safe John! All the best to you!!! (I wondered why you were so darn quiet lately)

Posted · Report post

Best of luck in Dubai. Happy caching!

Will you still be on the Texas Rankings, or will we be able to move up a notch? Just wondering... :angel:

Posted · Report post

He will be listed in the Dubai rankings and will probably become number 1!!

Posted · Report post

Excellent! Post lots of pictures of MOS eating, lol.

:uglystupid2:

Humm... you ARE coming back for the texas challenge, right? :angel:

Sky Rookie likes this

Posted · Report post

Well.... I'm back in the US! I'm at my mom's house in Chicago right now.

I'm not sure where I'm working next...I have an offer for a job in Kuwait... I also have an interview chance in Cy-Fair...and I also see Katy ISD is opening a new high school.

Any thoughts on working with Katy ISD? Everything looks rosy as for performance, but unable to find anything about teachers..and their experience.

Posted · Report post

Well welcome back to the good ole US of A, 100% grade A American soil!   maybe   :unsure: