Sign in to follow this  
kianlo

Heading North to Waxahachie. Anything interesting?

Just wondering if anybody knows of any neat spots or caches on the way to or in Waxahachie. We're likely going up 45 but might come back 35 to Waco and then 6. Willing to go anywhere in between there also. I've found a few neat ones in there, but always open for more. Thanks in advance!

Every time I pass by there I wonder about the partially built super collider project and if anything is there to see. As I recall lots of $ were spent before plug was pulled on that project.

Branch Davidian Compound. Lots of series near Waco...pick your series.

Hey, when it comes to geocaching, it is all good!

Every time I pass by there I wonder about the partially built super collider project and if anything is there to see. As I recall lots of $ were spent before plug was pulled on that project.

I once saw a picture in the paper of a partially constructed tunnel that was part of that project. It was HUGE. It dwarfed a large dump truck. But I have no idea where the picture was taken other than below ground. I don't know if the tunnel still exists or if they filled it in. There is a cache in the area called Atoms Almost Smashed Here that we once found. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6907ff19-14c4-450e-8851-ad961f92be94 But it's just near an abandoned office building.

We opted for Screaming Lady Bridge on the way north http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC36M66. I've not logged it yet, but the prior cacher was from the Houston area. Kinda funny. Great place. Any engineers or anybody know what is so unique about the bridge?

You do know you almost used Waxahachie and interesting in the same sentence...just saying.

FYI My family is from Ellis County so you might want to watch your words or else I might get you at the next Westside Lunch Event :knuppel2:

You do know you almost used Waxahachie and interesting in the same sentence...just saying.

FYI My family is from Ellis County so you might want to watch your words or else I might get you at the next Westside Lunch Event :knuppel2:

You do realize you just admitted that on a public forum, right, lol. :blackeye:

And I thought your family was from Collin County ( which may very well be worse )

My story is not nearly as neat but I recently went and visited my family cemetery in Plano. Collinsworth which is where my Great Great Grandparents are buried,

And I thought your family was from Collin County ( which may very well be worse )

My story is not nearly as neat but I recently went and visited my family cemetery in Plano. Collinsworth which is where my Great Great Grandparents are buried,

Ellis county (Fathers Side) Collin County (Mothers side) Well you what they call girls from Houston don't you. Sorry to hijack the thread