Sign in to follow this  
team-adoptapet

Wyoming, Idaho, Montana Suggestions?

We will be traveling to Jackson Hole, WY in a few week and are wondering if anyone has some caching suggestions for our trip. I am debating on scheduling tours of the parks, where less caching will be possible, or go it ourselves. TIA!

TheNorman    132

We visited Jackson Hole before we started geocaching. Having said that, we had a great time white water rafting on the Snake.

Flying, but then driving around the area. Jeff has business on two days, then we are free to roam for a couple more. White water floating is more my style... :(

TheNorman    132

When we were there, Jackson was overrun with people, but Teton Village was much less crowded. And there were lots of outdoor activities there (like riding the chairlift up with a bicycle and riding down the trails). I'm guessing there are geocaches there. Tealcat said to point out that only a couple of the rapids were more than a class 2 when we did it. We were there in mid to late July (I thought I would mention that since runoff controls the rapids). Our kids enjoyed the rafting too.

kianlo    17

Don't know if you'll make it to Cheyenne Wyoming or not, but if you do... I really liked...

GPS Calibration GC946E If you like benchmarks, it's a can't miss.

Also Sandstone Depot GC2431V Very nice old railroad depot. Nice boots all over the place, and a view of the state capital.

If you're in Utah the Bonneville Salt Flats Earthcache is great. Sorry, don't remember the GCcode but I can find it if you need it.

Mr. ZHR    56

We just did a neat virtual and EC at Craters of the Moon Natl. Monument, but I don't think they are close to you. There are some neat caches around here. Not many lampposts on the prairies!