crossmage

A GeoWoodstock Wedding

crossmage    22

Well, folks, I have a couple of announcements....

First, while in Death Valley - in the Golden Canyon at sunset with Venus as the lone star above us, to be specific - Phoenix Lady accepted my proposal of marriage.

Second, while GeoWoodstock has been a key event in some love stories of cachers I know - like Snoogan's proposal at one - there has never been a wedding (ok, a wedding of people) at GeoWoodstock. At least, not until this year. I met with Bryan while at HQ a few weeks ago, and we got approval tonight that the wedding is a go.

Thirdly, Mr. kianlo has accepted the challenge of being ordained as a minister so that he can perform the ceremony. He deserves a beer for accepting that challenge!

And lastly, Phoenix Lady would like me to add the following: HELP! Oh dear God, what were we thinking, we need help! Are you going to GeoWoodstock? Can you do makeup, arrange flowers, or bake wedding cakes as a hobby? Want to find a cool cake topper and make it trackable? Yeah, we are going to do this with really no time at all left so if you can help we probably can use it.

KeyResults    604

DAMNATION! Congratulations to you both on your upcoming nuptials.

Oh, and congrats on that tremendous jump in your caches found too! Obviously you were doing more than proposing while out west !! :)

Well done guys. Well done!

Nov64    55

Woo Hoo ... Congrats you guys.

Scott and I will be at GW ... If I can help I will

2katz    174

What great news, you two. I am very, very happy for you!!!!

Crossmage, you'll have to fill me in on the proposal later. :)

Snoogans    9

Well, folks, I have a couple of announcements....

First, while in Death Valley - in the Golden Canyon at sunset with Venus as the lone star above us, to be specific - Phoenix Lady accepted my proposal of marriage.

Second, while GeoWoodstock has been a key event in some love stories of cachers I know - like Snoogan's proposal at one - there has never been a wedding (ok, a wedding of people) at GeoWoodstock. At least, not until this year. I met with Bryan while at HQ a few weeks ago, and we got approval tonight that the wedding is a go.

Thirdly, Mr. kianlo has accepted the challenge of being ordained as a minister so that he can perform the ceremony. He deserves a beer for accepting that challenge!

And lastly, Phoenix Lady would like me to add the following: HELP! Oh dear God, what were we thinking, we need help! Are you going to GeoWoodstock? Can you do makeup, arrange flowers, or bake wedding cakes as a hobby? Want to find a cool cake topper and make it trackable? Yeah, we are going to do this with really no time at all left so if you can help we probably can use it.

Okay. I don't know how I'm gonna get there or even when it is, but I'm going.

I had written it off as not in the cards, but now I'm going.

Congrats to the happy couple!

georeyna    108

Congrats!!!! :smitten: :smitten:

geoson and I will be there!! Tell me how I can help. I will be there from Wednesday to Monday so I surely can order a cake or buy flowers!!

PM me, I will help anyway possible. Congrats to the happy couple!! :smitten:

Congratulations! I had planned on attending GW this year but now I have to travel on business so I will miss what is sure to be an awesome ceremony. Make sure you get some one to video it so that those of us who can't be there can see the happenings. Again, congrats and good luck! (Phoenix Lady, you will need it!)

KeyResults    604

Kianlo is very quiet. He must be busy studying for his minister license. DUDE! Pastor Kianlo! Has a nice ring to it :)

gsguru    28

So super duper excited for you two... You two are the perfect couple!! Congrats and post a vid!

heftydude    132

That's great news. I wish i could attend, but it ain't happening this year. Kianlo, I wanna sign up for your kool-aid drinking establishment when you get it all formalized. I bet the weekly meetings will be out in the woods somewhere, maybe at a new location each week, everybody smiling and grabbing smileys, it'll be great.

kianlo    17

Kianlo is very quiet. He must be busy studying for his minister license. DUDE! Pastor Kianlo! Has a nice ring to it :)

This is about the couple.

Believe it or not, Kianlo knows when to take a back seat.

crossmage    22

Aw, thanks for the thought. But just to make sure everyone knows, Monday's Will Cache for Food will be all about the Reverend kianlo, right?

crossmage    22

The bachelor/bachelorette party event is now published. Come on down a little early... http://coord.info/GC3JYNP

(Also for HGCS and other friends and family, we will probably have some cake and champagne in the hotel after the wedding and geowoodstock...)