Sign in to follow this  
TravelingGeek

latest take on <<UV>> flashlights

Seems the time has come for me to have a UV light close at hand.

I think there has been past discussion on that here, but I can't find it now.

I'm looking at the Scorpion Master 14 or 32 LED ($15 and $25 respectively at Lowes.com), but would like any feed back or recommendations.

I'm leaning toward the 14 because the 32 seems to be very large, but on the other hand, I do a fair amount of caching during daylight hours and more output may be worth the bigger size.

Also, I would rather lay hands on one before purchasing... I know about the flashlight store in Pearland but it's hard to get there during their business hours. Anybody know of a local retailer that has decent UV flashlights?

So.. what do you think?

I am not headed your direction anytime soon, but if you are planning to come this way for the SETX GANG Spring Fling on 4/28 I'll have mine there if you want to get some hands on time. I haven't had a chance to use it to find a cache in our area, I do have a new hide in the works that will use it.

Did a bit of fun night caching way in the past and always had a handy UV flashlight on me but eventually it gave up. Recently bought a new 14 led one for some other projects at home so maybe give some night fun a go again. Don't fancy running into an angry scorpion sitting on-top of the cache lol. Got it from TTronik.com up in Michigan.