WE WON!

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Awesome job everyone. It was one wet cold one out there but we won it baby! Many of us got our first Mega Events as well.

Posted · Report post

We blew it away -- almost 400 points more than 2nd place. MOS73 won highest individual with 2300 some odd points, and he had 6 ppl with him.

MrsBass likes this

Posted · Report post

That's awesome guys! Way to go. I was cheering for you in the comfort of my car!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, it was wet and miserable, but once you got going you just kept pushing. Awesome job everyone. Especially Gsguru!

Posted · Report post

Everyone was pumped.. I applaud all of you!! Great job!!

O0 O0 O0 O0

Posted · Report post

Good job everyone!!!!!!!!

And hats off to AWESOME leader Gsguru!

And now that I back in the nice hotel and had a very long shower .... I can say I had a MEGA great time =)

Posted · Report post

I'm curious. How did the FTF tokens figure into the score? :angel:

Posted · Report post

Oh, and of course, great work everybody. The support team was awesome! Special kudos to gsguru! :cheers:

Posted · Report post

Way to go, SETX, super cachers and super people! Congratulations to Diane and her great team, you done SETX proud!

Posted · Report post

WTG Guys!!!!! Y'all are AMAZING!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Full story soon with pics, but I wanted to toss out a special shout out to the tech crew, and all the people who supported the hunters, you were magnificent!

This was a real adventure that had this big goober climbing more trees than my entire childhood (4), with 2 of my close friends and teammates. MY eyes (and camera) witnessed a pretty blonde (2Katz) crawling on fours in a pissing rain, muck and mud under thick brush (24 in clearance) to punch a log on one of our many "tough" ones along with her two big galute teammates (Dangerman & yours truly). What a woman! From the numbers I heard it's clear SETX left nothing on the table. Many of us slaughtered our personal bests from previous games. As for both my first timers to the challenge, they too were magnificent, playing fair, hard, and still able to smile and laugh and let me sneak a photo or two without missing a beat. Beautimous!

We had some torn clothes as one would expect with those nasty thorns, but I'm aware of no serious injuries (aside from Pirate Pride). Sadly, I left my collapsible staff at one of the caches and had to make the choice to push on hoping someone would turn it in...hope is fading fast that I get that trusty friend back. (sigh)

FTF TAGS ended up playing a very significant role... Tie breaker for the Individual Champion! WTG MOS73, but that whole elite crew running with him logged 35 and clearly left nothing in the tank. I believe I heard that only 20 FTF coins were turned in for scoring!

I've heard reports from others about some bad apples and jerks in the game, but for my part I saw none of this and found largely pleasant people playing by the rules (all climbing the trees to punch their own cards, or walking away). Everyone I encounted were quick to say hi and good luck. I thought the hide team did a great job, IMHO, with some fairly crappy conditions. Some of the unknowns were pretty fun, like one where we shot a paint ball gun straight up at a target overhead (it was marshalled with safety gear)

The food was plentiful and good IMO.

It was fun to watch GSGURU do her booty dance with a large golden ammo can on the stage at the end. I hope someone got a good pic of that as mine was useless.

P.S. Extra shoutout to georeyna for pulling up and letting three tired soaked to the bone and cold hunters into her toasty car at just the right moment...we really were starting to feel the cold once the running stopped.

For you who could not hunt with us this time, we felt your energy and we kicked some serious arse to a person!

That's it for now? Again, many thanks to everyone who did the little things, as they combined to become big things for certain.

Kenny

Posted · Report post

I guess all the scratches, the cold and the wet was worth it. Climbing trees is a little hard for us old folks but is a lot of fun. Our little team was great and ready to try anything. Great job Gsguru. The Challenge is always fun but winning is a lot of fun too. The tech suppport was excellent. Way to go SETX!!

Posted · Report post

It was Amazing indeed! Cook Cachers and I were so lad to have participated. Thank you soo much to Gsguru for the hard work and the tech team for getting everything set up SOOOO fast. GREAT TIME!!!!!

Posted · Report post

This is a quick shout out before I head to the showers...

OMG is all I can say to all who helped and to all who participated. It truly is a COMMUNITY EFFORT to bring home the gold. I am only as great as those who are holding my up.... YOU ALL.... thanks for making it look easy!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I will send out individual thank yous in a bit but for now... thank you thank you thank you..

I will have a couple of victory events to sign the can as well as rehash the wet, wild ride we just did... be on the lookout!

Once again.... thank you thank you thank you.

gadgetech likes this

Posted · Report post

Another thank you to our leader gsguru and our very own computer geek cew(s) - those who gathered gps units, loaded 'em, distributed 'em, worked on puzzles, sent messages.... sooo many people participated in large and small ways, that we couldn't have brought home the can without the help.

MoS - you rock!!

My team mates - Dangerman and KeyResults - Thanks for the laughs. Guess I'm not too old to still climb trees and crawl around in the mud. :-) I think we did pretty well, even though we were wet and cold, just like everyone else out there. I'll hunt with you guys anytime!!

CriffRee likes this

Posted · Report post

gsguru - how about an event to distribute the score cards, show off and let the teams take a photo with the Golden Ammo Can?

Cachin Shark likes this

Posted · Report post

I thought SETX was awesome! Great job by everyone, especially in the cold and the rain.

I also got a kick out of the East Texas team getting second. So basically, all of EASTERN Texas dominated the game!

Posted · Report post

The scorecards will be mailed a week from Monday. Planning on a couple of events to pass out cards as well as take pics with the ammo can....

Hey, does anyone have an extra unactivated tb??