Toilet Seat Museum

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i was just in san antonio last weekend and i had looked at the cache at the museum and wanted to try to get over to it. just ran out of time and didnt get to make it by, now i wish that i had. oh well i guess theres always next time.

Posted · Report post

i was just in san antonio last weekend and i had looked at the cache at the museum and wanted to try to get over to it. just ran out of time and didnt get to make it by, now i wish that i had. oh well i guess theres always next time.

Plan for at least an hour. I could have easily spent 2 or more there, but it was hot and the Snooglet was getty fussy and hungry. Usually it's the Snoogstress complaining about the heat, but she was have just as much fun as I was.

Posted · Report post

The day we visited Barney, Rhonda had talked on and off all day about wanting to go there. At the time, I didn’t really see a reason to go to a toilet seat museum and didn’t pay much attention to the subject. Since she navigates the caching direction we just "happened" to get into that area. Oh look Tim, we are near Barney's!

OK, let's go see what this is all about... Somewhere around 2 hours later we were leaving. It was a fascinating experience to say the least. Barney is a gem of a person.

Posted · Report post

If there are any "artifacts" on display dedicated to the needle arts (esp. knitting and crochet) then I'll have a much easier time selling Mrs KeyResults. She tends to roll her eyes when a certain keyword [ _eo_ache ] is mentioned while travelling together. Have to look for win/win and sell it baby!

Posted · Report post

If there are any "artifacts" on display dedicated to the needle arts (esp. knitting and crochet) then I'll have a much easier time selling Mrs KeyResults. She tends to roll her eyes when a certain keyword [ _eo_ache ] is mentioned while travelling together. Have to look for win/win and sell it baby!

hahah same on this side kenny. i normally gotta sell pretty hard on stopping. make it sound extremely interesting or a cool place or something

Posted · Report post

I think there may be something like that and if there isn't, bring some samples of stuff and maybe he'll make one.

If your wife likes crafts then she will love Barney's museum.

Show her a few of the youtube videos.

My wife isn't keen on geocaching either, but she loved this stop. She would go back any time.

Posted · Report post

My wife isn't keen on geocaching either, but she loved this stop. She would go back any time.

Same here. My wife saw a seat decorated for Torrejon AFB in Spain, where her father was stationed (and she lived) back in the '60's and was sold. She thought the place was pretty cool.

Posted · Report post

There's such a variety of themes there that there's got to be something there for everyone. I thought it was an awesome place and would love to go back to take others to share it with them.

Posted · Report post

My son and I went by there in October. I could see our signature on the Geocaching seat #5 in the CNN video. That was my find #1001. We spent over an hour there and could have stayed longer very easily. This is definitely one of the gems you find by Geocaching. My birthday is on their anniversary (different year of course). I'm glad we made time for this after the Wooden Nickel museum virtual next to the Botanical Gardens.

Posted · Report post

d0ca25fc-9605-4ad5-844f-4d184e2c81ea.jpg

Sept 2008 - Barney with the kids and my parents - who thought I was crazy for taking them to a toilet seat museum but were so happy I brought them.

Posted · Report post

Nice photo. Your kids have sure grown up a lot since we last saw them.

Posted · Report post

It was Awesome! Went in today and we were there for a good two hours. Amazing place and an Awesome person

Posted · Report post

One of the most friendliest people you could meet. Visited the museum couple of years ago. A must for all.

Posted · Report post

Was out with some of the Gang this past November when we visited with Barney. Time was short but visiting the Museum

was definitely on my to do list. Bizzyb and i ended up breaking off from the rest of the pack and made this our last cache

for the day. Called Barney ahead of time and could tell over the phone that he was an awesom person who we'd enjoy

visiting with. Arrived late afternoon and like others, didn't end up leaving until well after dark. This was one of those

experiences that you just hate to see end. It was great meeting him and seeing his unusual Museum!

post-238-0-32580500-1359387679_thumb.jpg

p.s. For some reason, i couldn't get the picture onto my reply so added it as the attachment above.

Posted · Report post

I am the first signature on the back of seat number 6. That one will soon be filled as well

Posted · Report post

I'm still getting used to the concept. You signed on the up/dry side?

Posted · Report post

Yes on the top side. He uses all brand new toilet seats to make them though. So no used ones are in there bob

Posted · Report post

I signed Geocaching Seat #3 back in 2009. Now he's up to #6!
Who's that young man writing on a toilet seat?

Posted · Report post

Barney made the news again.  This link seems a bit flakey, and if it goes to something other than the Barney story,  Just do a search in the search link for "Barney" and it should bring up the appropriate story.  Not sure how long it will be available.

Posted · Report post

I recognize one of the ladies in the video as a geocacher, but I can't remember who she is.   Does anyone know?

Posted · Report post

I recognize one of the ladies in the video as a geocacher, but I can't remember who she is.   Does anyone know?

Isn't that TheFoods? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you're referring to the woman with the TXGA shirt and her husband, that's TresHntrs (Linda and unfortunately I can't recall her husband's name).

Edited by Team Troglodyte

Posted · Report post

If you're referring to the woman with the TXGA shirt and her husband, that's TresHntrs (Linda and unfortunately I can't recall her husband's name).

They were at Octoberfest last weekend. Brian is his name...