Sign in to follow this  
gsguru

2011 Awards - Best Cache for Tourist

2011 Awards - Best Cache for Tourist  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Each cacher is allowed one (1) vote.

• GC2WNJZ  LEGO Cache of Awesomeness
    • GC2Z251 Sjøfolks CACHE
    • GC2Y4H5 "I'd rather s@#$%^t in the woods" today Plus 14 votes

gsguru    28

Each cacher is allowed one (1) vote. Please place your votes by March 31, 2012.

Edited by gsguru

log dawgs    128

Banners have been sent to all those nominated in each category to add to there cache page. Once voting is complete and winners announced a new banner unique to each category will be sent to the winners. Check back on the cache pages for all those nominated.

I had to archive GC2Y4H5 "I'd rather s@#$%^t in the woods" today. It has been muggled and since it is a one-of-a-kind container, I am not replacing it.

In addition to the Tourist cache category, this cache was also nominated in the traditional, themed individual and urban categories and is part of the "I'd Rather" series that has been nominated for best series.

gsguru    28

Ohhh, so sorry..... I have 150 things on my mind (Challenge this weekend)..... I will put it back in and make a note here that it had 14 (I think) votes... soo sorry....

Muddy Buddies    103

Why are you going to "cancel them out"? The cache was archived in 2012 and the period covered for the awards is 2011. That does not make sense to me.

When the awards were started the point of the awards was to let visitors (out of town or in town) know which ones to visit in the future and promote them as the favorites to go visit A permanently archived cache is not something that they can visit. Also, there is a banner to put on the cache page for winners or nominees, and if it's archived, it's not going to be seen any way. Rathergohiking, you now know, if you didn't already, that your cache was well liked which you should be very proud of whether your cache is able to win or not and encouragement to hide more for all of us to go find. Sorry your cache was muggled.

bbqandbeer    7

Seems the rules spell out whats supposed to happen clearly.

"Qualifications:

Caches/events must have been placed between 01-01-11 and 12-31-11.

Must be an active cache and remain active during the nomination and voting periods.

Can be either member’s only or regular caches.

Must be within the counties listed.

If a cache is disabled during the voting period for maintenance, it will not be disqualified. If it is disabled for more than 2 weeks, it will be disqualified."

----------

Timeframe:

January 31, 2012 – Nominations Deadline

Feb 1-Feb 15, 2012 – Runoff to determine top five caches/groups

Feb 16-March 31, 2012 – Voting

Sometime in April 2012 – Awards Event!

----------------

Of course rules can be changed or ignored or thrown out entirely. But on the basis that someone went to the trouble to define them and all the answer seems clear....

It's a shame I didn't make it over there in time, I was looking forward to visiting it.

"If a cache is disabled during the voting period for maintenance, it will not be disqualified. If it is disabled for more than 2 weeks, it will be disqualified."

I hope this does not apply. Since the cache awards are based on 2011, I would think the status of a cache during 2012 should not matter.

Edited by rathergohiking

GrangerFam    24

I think Diane already has you with 14 votes and you are still in…at least that's how I read the above. If so, why are you ranting? If I'm misreading the above, then it sounds like it's a cool cache that a lot of people enjoyed. Isn't that the real point?

After reading the post about the rules, I wanted to make a point about the rules, which seem to be out of line with the time period of the awards.

Edited by rathergohiking

TravelingGeek    140

Best Cache for Tourist

A cache that takes you to a place that would be of interest to tourists: i.e. a museum, historical monuments, memorials: Cache at a place that isn't in the Guidebooks, but would be worth the visit.

• GC2WNJZ LEGO Cache of Awesomeness
  • GC2Z251 Sjøfolks CACHE
  • GC2Y4H5 "I'd rather s@#$%^t in the woods" today Plus 14 votes

gsguru    28

I am going to disqualify GC2Y4H5 "I'd rather s@#$%^t in the woods" because it does not adhere to the current rules.

That being said, I have always asked before the start of any voting period if there needs to be changes to the rules. I have also always maintained that if someone else wants to take this over or feels they can do a better job, I will gladly step aside. I am not going to get into a discussion over what should be and what shouldn't be during this awards period. The rules stand.

Rathergohiking, from what I see, your cache was an outstanding cache and would have been a great winner. Unfortunately, it is disqualified.

Sign in to follow this