Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAZ427

Groundspeak - Takes a giant step backwards IMHO

72 posts in this topic

Scumbag Groundspeak praises open mediums but complains about open access to thier data.

You really need to stop mincing words...tell us how you really feel! :police:

Scumbag Groundspeak praises open mediums but complains about open access to thier data.

Sounds like a classic case of "what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine."

Eagle

Sounds like a classic case of "what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine."

Eagle

Sounds like my wife is running Groundspeak!

The link to the script is not working. Any chance somebody can either repost a link or just e-mail me the script?

Eagle

Seems like they have fixed an issue with the aerial maps but they don't zoom in too far...yet... eh, a map's a map's a map...the regular street ones they put up work well enough....

As many here know, we're usually pretty hard on Groundspeak for some of the knuckleheaded things they do but this one seems a little beyond their control and they are actually doing a decent job on the fly....it's when they plan to do something and change directions or botch it up, or worse, both, that gets us going....

this seems pretty tame...

But like OHG said, the maps today are far better than they were "back in the day..." (Now if they can only expose the old archived cache filter again.....)

Now I have to go back to Firefox. After using Chrome, FF just seemed so sludgy slow. But now that GC crippled the maps (I didn't have the patience for sat view) it'll seem like FF is fast again.

I haven't tested this script, but I run greasemonkey scripts in Chrome all of the time.

http://www.howtogeek...-google-chrome/

That script isn't working right in Chrome. Works great in FF, but it doesn't yet enable Google Hybrid. Looks like I'll be doing my GC work in FF for now.

At least the maps show Counties now!

Edited by Mr. ZHR
2 people like this

It works on my machine and malware bytes was cool with it.

Thanks for the leap day path tag you gave me at your event on Wednesday (both because I do want to say thank you, but also because it is information some bot would not have).

1 person likes this

I got it just fine and WooHoo!, it has Google Maps hybrid mode too. The previous one didn't.

Since I updated to Firefox 13.0, the Google Maps script quit working. It still shows to be there and everything, but the option is gone from the GC.com maps. >:(

Google maps works for me on old fashioned IE.

Google Maps works and is the default for all premium members now. Check your preferences for your maps to see.

I'm finding that the GC.com website isn't honoring the "keep me logged in" check box. I'm thinking it correlates to the addition of the Facebook login option.

I don't mind having to punch in my credentials from desktop or laptops every time, but it's really becoming old on the smartphone.

I don't expect anything to come of this post. I guess I'm just whining out loud, and, well, sometimes misery love company.

I don't have that problem at home or on my phone, unless I have not been online via the phone in over a week or more. Sometimes it goes even longer. But at work, my @#$!& 'big boss filter' overrides the cookie settings, etc. and I have to log in every day I use it. Sometimes more than once. :veryangry: That's not a groundspeak issue. So I guess I'm just there with you, KR, whining.

Well, now my Google maps script is working again in FF. Guess I needed to restart the browser four more times. As far as Google Maps being the default for premium members, it didn't default to that from my work PC. I had to dig around and find the preference button you mentioned... but it is nice. Thanks for pointing that out!

I read on the forums that the not staying signed in thing was a known issue they are trying to fix. I was having the same issue a couple of days ago, but it seems to be OK now. What will they screw up next?

I had an issue with the signed in thing. I just assumed they made you sign in each time I changed countries.

Eagle

Wow. And here I was thinking im crazy. Lol glad to hear im not alone in the sign in problem. Wasnt sure if it was gc. Com or my phone. Glad it's not the phone. Lol this means they will probably fix it. :-D

We were having that issue. I thought that I might need to update the browsers. But then the problem went away. :)

1 person likes this

It does seem to be fixed... I have stayed logg