Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2012 Texas Challenge, who's attending/hunting

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just getting a feel for the number of people we may have.

I have submitted the first 2 planning events for the Challenge.

Posted · Report post

1 big hunt (TraveingGeek). 1 big support (TW). 2 medium sized attending but unsure as to how (ThePaperPilot & PuzzlePainter)

Posted · Report post

1 For the hunt (TAZ427). Possibly a Kiddie Cacher coming along - but that would require my ability to talk my wife into it.

Posted · Report post

We're planning on being there!

Posted · Report post

I will be there .... Scott is a maybe

And I can bring a kayak

Posted · Report post

Apparently I am on hold as the captain. There seems to be a waiting list!!! heehee.... I have already submitted the planning meeting but will step aside if someone else wants to be captain. I think someone from Brenham. Not sure.....

Posted · Report post

Talked to my wife about it, she seems to be ok with it being the start of our Spring break vacation :-)

Anybody know anything about the Kiddie Cache Camp for kids 10 and under? My son's 9, he likes geocaching but doesn't have a GPS, not sure what's required for this. Anyone with previous experience?

Mr Muddy Buddy likes this

Posted · Report post

I plan to be there to hunt.

Thanks Elisa!

Posted · Report post

Tenatively, I will be attending & hunting. I still have to schedule my vacation for next year.

Posted · Report post

I plan to be there to hunt.

Thanks Elisa!

Diane is the *Queen of the Team* O0

Not sure what the kids are gonna do for Spring Break as of yet...but at the most I will attend and cache the counties around the event. Try to get as many Northern Texas Counties as I am able to grab. Best wishes to SETX...we will always rock!

Sky Rookie likes this

Posted · Report post

In the Kiddie Cacher Camp they have an active program to keep the kids busy. In the past, they have visited the Park nature centers, gone on short hikes or outings as part of the activities. I don't think your son will be bored with the camp. He'll have a blast,

Anybody know anything about the Kiddie Cache Camp for kids 10 and under? My son's 9, he likes geocaching but doesn't have a GPS, not sure what's required for this. Anyone with previous experience?

Posted · Report post

Jason and I are planning on being there and hunting. The oldest boy said he wanted to hunt with us this Challenge. I believe this is our working plan, but we're still figuring it out. TAZ, my kids have traditionally done the Camp Kiddie Cacher and have always had fun. They do lots of activities with them.

Posted · Report post

Plan on being there but intend to "bow out" as a SETX member and just be a TXGA Board member... I will most likely be up there a couple of days early... camp out and then man a TXGA booth the day of the event. (Then again, I may get the "fever" and decide to hunt.) Either way, I have vacation time requested for the event.

Posted · Report post

Dixie, our daughter-LukenKyle, and myself plan to be there and to be on the hunt team. We are looking forward to another Challenge.

Posted · Report post

i am trying to work my schedule out with work for vacation to come to the event and be on the hunt team. hopefully i can make it happen

Posted (edited) · Report post

Me and my lovely girlfriend are going to be attending and challenging! :)

Edited by aaronbarbee

Posted · Report post

I plan on high speed hunting. I think ShadowCrew and The B0Y plan on the evil hides or the casual caching.

Posted · Report post

Anybody planning on competing needs to hurry and sign up as a competitor since they are going to limit the hunters to 500.

Posted · Report post

Catwoman10 and I (stirfrie2005) will be competing in and camping at our second TX Challenge!!

Posted · Report post

Down to less then 30 hunting spots available.... Sign up if you want to hunt!!