Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Penny horders

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a 5 gallon water cooler jug about half full of pennies. I've been filling it since 1982.

LOL!!

Posted · Report post

Has anyone seen the report that they are testing an ATM machine that will dispense all denominations of currency.  If you just want $7.00 for a latte, then that is all one has to ask for $7.00.  I forgot the bank, Chase possibly, but apparently there are customers who seem to like the idea of an ATM dispensing all denomination of US currency.  

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking Chase likes charging a fee each time you use the card. Take out $50, pay one fee, spend it where you want.

Take out $7 here, $10 there, $8 over here, pay three fees, you and Chase are very happy.

Posted · Report post

I have seen them that will so any denomination of bill. Why bother with coins? Is it really that hard to round up to the next dollar?

Posted · Report post

No offense, HC, but don't you work for that barely making it company called Exxon?

Might have a little Pot/Kettle action going on here.

And since when are banks or oil companies the bad guys?

Posted · Report post

Bank is a 4 letter word still in the public world..  Oil is close behind.  And since gasoline has spiked about 40 cents locally lately, it's becoming a bolded 4 letter word.

But, I don't think we charge any ATM fees.  :angel:  :2funny:   At least not for customers.  :coolsmiley:

But hey, I don't work retail. 

Posted · Report post

I have a 5 gallon water cooler jug about half full of pennies. I've been filling it since 1982.

LOL!!

Should be about $120 - $150 at the half full point and weigh around 100 pounds according to some numbers I've seen.  Hope you don't have to roll them all for the bank to accept them when the time comes

Posted · Report post

LOL!!

Should be about $120 - $150 at the half full point and weigh around 100 pounds according to some numbers I've seen.  Hope you don't have to roll them all for the bank to accept them when the time comes His credit union has a machine.

Posted · Report post

LOL!!

Should be about $120 - $150 at the half full point and weigh around 100 pounds according to some numbers I've seen.  Hope you don't have to roll them all for the bank to accept them when the time comes

His credit union has a machine.

Posted · Report post

Cool idea, but may be the most uncomfortable and labor intensive floor ever.

To make it THE most uncomfortable you would have to sprinkle in some

thumbtacks with the pennies when making the tiles...

Posted · Report post

Just make the kids do it.  They'll have fun.  At first....