Looking for a Stereogram (Magic Eye) Decoder

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

BigBender had a really nice program that worked really well. I can't seem to locate it now, so I called him. He was using the one on Purple Hell, but as previously mentioned, the link is broken. He's going to check to see if he still has the program. If so, I'll try to figure out a way to make it available.

GeoGeex likes this

Posted · Report post

I thought a bit more and did get it--at least the checker says "Success" :cheers:

Any hint on the conversion?

Posted · Report post

I thought a bit more and did get it--at least the checker says "Success" :cheers:

Any hint on the conversion?

I've sent you one private message. I'll send a second with the conversion.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the message. I had identified the numbers correctly. And was very close to the conversion you mentioned, but carried something to far ;-) Thanks for the help.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the message. I had identified the numbers correctly. And was very close to the conversion you mentioned, but carried something to far ;-) Thanks for the help.

My pleasure. Happy caching. O0

Posted · Report post

I am certain on the numbers too. But, after playing with them off and on yesterday to no avail I decided to take a break.

It feels like I am close but obviously I haven't held the right facial expression to get good coordinates. Until now, I thought I was pretty good on this kind of thing...just goes to show ya...

It is heartening to see some pretty good puzzlers had a time with this one too. (Misery loves company?)

Posted · Report post

I am certain on the numbers too. But, after playing with them off and on yesterday to no avail I decided to take a break.

It feels like I am close but obviously I haven't held the right facial expression to get good coordinates. Until now, I thought I was pretty good on this kind of thing...just goes to show ya...

It is heartening to see some pretty good puzzlers had a time with this one too. (Misery loves company?)

I sent you a private message.

Posted · Report post

Can anyone recommend a good program for creating a stereogram? I played with a couple but the results were not very good.

Posted · Report post

I found the old Sterogram decoder files which used to be on PurpleHell. If you are interested, I can send it or, if T4P will allow, we can put it on HGCS...

Posted · Report post

I found the old Sterogram decoder files which used to be on PurpleHell. If you are interested, I can send it or, if T4P will allow, we can put it on HGCS...

I would love a copy :cheers:

Posted · Report post

That would be great either way.

Posted · Report post

The one in sugerland has us stumped.

I've sent you a message.

Posted · Report post

This is brilliant in its simplicity. The only missing step is to then shift the one layer over a bit. Try starting with about an eighth of the total width, but you will know when they line up -- the background will become virtually black.

Thanks!!

Maybe this will help...

with any graphics program that supports layers (such as Gimp). Set the top layer to "darken only", "difference" or some similar sounding option.

Posted · Report post

I too can see things clearly, but am now stuck on the final step. I'm going to run it past my nephew-in-law (is that a real relation??) today (today is the larger family holiday get together) and see if he can figure it out. He maps all over the world and may see something I don't. Otherwise, I may also need a bit of hint.

Posted · Report post

For some reason I'm having trouble e-mailing the files with my google account (which is odd). T4P and I exchanged e-mails and I thought I could upload directly to HGCS, but I don't have the permissions. I will need to get the files to Jason somehow and he can upload them to HGCS when he has the chance.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok, so I know Purple Hell has a link to a Stereogram Decoder SW, but it looks like the German website it was on is no longer active. It takes you to one of those auto generated websites after there DNS lease is up.

So I'm looking to try to get the SW. I've looked all over the internet and can't find it.

The reason I'm looking is because "Asprins, Tylenol, or Ibuprofen" is giving me a headache that the name just won't help. Actually, I believe I've got the info from the Stereogram, but it just isn't making sense to me and I want to make sure I got the info right. I've never been very good at seeing these and I can't hold the image long if I do manage to see them. I'm glad they were only a fad.

I looked to see if the cache is still there but I could not find it. It looks like there has been some upgrades that were made so perhaps the cache got tossed. Edited by SockPuppet

Posted · Report post

Trying to upload the files now...we'll see if I can do it!

Posted · Report post

Trying to upload the files now...we'll see if I can do it!

Thanks Trey!