Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Garmin 62s software update

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Basecamp just told me to update. I took a look at the "Improvements to the geocaching experience" feature and the screen shots look good. I hope it works for GC.com as well as Opencaching.com caches.

Here's the changes:

Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:

• Fixed an issue with the reporting of pressure from the barometric altimeter (GPSMAP 62s/62st/78s/78sc)

Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:

• Added Photo Viewer application
  • Improvements to the geocaching experience. See TrailTech(http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/09/improved-geocaching.html) for more information.
  • Fixed a potential hang on startup when importing large numbers of waypoints, tracks, routes, or geocaches
  • Fixed issue with very long geocache descriptions
  • Fixed shutdown when reviewing certain geocache descriptions
  • Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language
  • Fixed bug that could cause some geocaches to not import
  • Fixed issue with track log recording while using the stopwatch
  • Fixed issue with the anchor drag alarm
  • Fixed issue with total ascent and total descent fields not displaying values greater than 9999 meters
  • Modified default map trails to appear as dashed red lines
  • Fixed potential issue with screenshot color reproduction

Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.40:

Posted · Report post

Thx. I had several hangs since last update, but I couldn't tell if it was my gsak file or not. Actually had to resort to my phone after while today...what a pain. Hopefully this update gets it back for me.

Posted · Report post

Seems like the new geocaching UI elements work for my GPXs. Only had a few minutes to try at hope. Will get into the field later this week.

Posted · Report post

Another update just released for Garmin 62S - Version 4.30

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4995 for details of each revision.

My upgrade went without a hitch. Your mileage may vary. Each update for me since 3.4 has been really good and has added stability and useful features. If you haven't been running basecamp/webupdater and you are a Garmin GPSMAP 62 owner you may want to take a look. System performance and utility has been significantly improved.

PEACE,

Kenny

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I just updated mine now. We'll see how good it is on my next outing.

Posted · Report post

FYI - Basecamp and Garmin 62s update as of Aug 30, 2012.

Two things noticed:

1) A new thing called Adventures

2) support for tempe sensor

Posted · Report post

I've noticed faster and more reliable booting. Boot failures have been one of my main gripes about the 62s. Other than booting, it was the same old GPS for me this past weekend.

Posted · Report post

The website forced me to update the communicator plug in. Now all I get is this:

post-931-0-17429500-1348983499_thumb.jpg

Damn you, Garmin!

Posted · Report post

I upgraded to 4.5 and then I had to go through and reset the order of my screens, and settings the way I had them before.

Not a big hassle, but unexpected.

I probably had to do this after the last update, but my memory is shorter than it used to be.

Posted · Report post

The latest upgrade is crashing when I select a cache and then try to go to another screen and use the compass. Very annoying and unacceptable.

Posted · Report post

The latest upgrade is crashing when I select a cache and then try to go to another screen and use the compass. Very annoying and unacceptable.

Looking for a way to downgrade a version now.

Posted · Report post

Found a way to downgrade to 4.3 and all seems to be working now. We will see how it goes on the bike trails tomorrow.