GSAK V8

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For all of you that uses GSAK go to the forums they are a big help and have lots of interesting macros out there...

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?

Agreed! Also, the SW Flying saucer has approved the date for the GSAK event there - March 8, 2012.

Posted · Report post

Agreed! Also, the SW Flying saucer has approved the date for the GSAK event there - March 8, 2012.

:peace:

Posted · Report post

I'll try to be there, but Thursday in Sugarland, and just before the Texas Challenge will be a Challenge in itself.

Posted · Report post

Would love to do this, and have been looking forward to it, but I can't drive to the TC2012 in one day, so I was going to leave Thursday night.

Bummer.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Anyone know the proper macro for counties? I have found and badge gen. Assuming I missed a county - searched, but can't seem to locate the proper one for TX.

Edited by 2katz
thacatfish likes this

Posted · Report post

can there be another event that can teach us how to really take advantage of this program..by the time we realized there was an event...we had missed it...

Posted · Report post

The first step is to populate your database of caches (and finds) with County, State, and Country. By default these fields are typically blank. Assuming your database county fields are blank, this macro works very well to populate. I used it on my finds and it ran very fast and seems to be very accurate. The macro name is: "CountryStateCounty.gsk"

There is a companion to this macro that checks and updates these fields to make sure they are correct.

You can run this against your finds or against your entire database.

Once the you've updated the county data fields, for state, county, and country data then you can play with the various "map" generators and report macros to see which presents your finds or needs, etc in a way you prefer.

Hope this helps.

K

Posted · Report post

can there be another event that can teach us how to really take advantage of this program..by the time we realized there was an event...we had missed it...

We were out of town for the last one and would love to attend a session!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

another tool is mygeocachingprofile.com You must run your my find PQ...at the bottom of the PQ page, then go to Mygeocachingprofile.com and upload the PQ, unzipped. Set up the data you would like to have first...Jasmer Calendar, Countries I have cached in, 366 calendar and the likes. The program gives you the option to select which data you would like to run. It runs practically everything but *Finds placed by date* information.

It is very easy and all one has to do is upload there PQ to the program and the program does the rest.

It is a great tool to use while trying to figure out GSAK.

Posted · Report post

I use FindStatsGen to do that type of updating and reporting. I then use BadgeGen to automate everything and upload to my profile. It has taken me many moths of tweaking with FSG to get the reports the way I want them. BG has a good tutorial on their website for setting up BG to then run another macro and upload. Pretty slick once it all works together.

FWIW - the I am running a beta of BadgeGen as the official version wouldn't show all the finds on 366 days of my calendar. Not sure why, but the beta version has fixed that bug. It's been a while since I checked, but I may also be running a beta of FSG.

Click on the little stats bar below if you want to see my public profile and what I just explained above spits out.

Posted · Report post

@heftydude,

Nice way to set up your stats! Very cool!

Posted · Report post

HD - I'm using both also. Maybe I'm just missing a checked box somewhere. I don't have all of the little tabs your profile shows - maps, other stats... I'll keep playing.

Posted · Report post

I can't get a couple of things to work on BadgeGen.

It's doesn't pick up my hides.

It doesn't pick up my favorites.

Any suggestions?

Posted · Report post

For hides run a filter on owners name.

Other I don't know. Only think I can suggest is to make sure you are running the latest version.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

You have to have a database of you hides for it to access, as well as the database for you finds. Then use the Geocaching.com access tab to refresh cache data to download favorite points on your caches.

At least that's how I think you do it...

Posted · Report post

I have a database of my hides. Does it have to have a special name? Mine is named My Caches.

Posted · Report post

8.3 is now out.

Lots of new "features" listed, but I think much of this was in previous minor releases:

Geocaching.com access api limit updates (GcPublishFetch 

Added macro command UpdateCheck (SysVarPath() BBcode()

PQ download "days left" now sorts correctly (Deprecated to support Warning=Suspend|Resume (CustomFormat() changes for "logs" (more info)

Garmin Geocaching friendly GPSr send updates (more info)

Posted · Report post

On a slightly different subject, I've been using the GenUploadStats macro to run the BadgeGenBETA and then the FindStatsGen44Beta macros and automatically upload the results to my profile page.  It's worked before, but now the results of the BadgeGen macro no longer get pulled into the BadgeGen results and posted.  It appears that it's working OK, but my profile page continues to display the previous badges.  Any smart people out there have any idea what might be going wrong or where I should check first?

Posted (edited) · Report post

HC have a careful look at the fsg macro page on GSAK.net There's been some shuffling and I think you need to move off beta. You may want to remove and reinstall BG and fsg to current which will flush baggage and get u whole again.

Edited by KeyResults
TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

HC have a careful look at the fsg macro page on GSAK.net There's been some shuffling and I think you need to move off beta. You may want to remove and reinstall BG and fsg to current which will flush baggage and get u whole again.
I might need to do same. There is a very big hole in the beta process where if you ain't following in the forums then you get stuck with the last beta forever until a thread like this comes along and sets you right again.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Kenny, I did just that.  Took me a while to get it all synced again, since my GenUploadStats macro was still pointing to the wrong macro and I couldn't remember how to get the options page to pop up when the macro starts! (hold down Ctrl when you start the macro).  I lost a few custom tweaks I had on the beta version, but that's OK.