Sign in to follow this  
teamCull

Looking for travel partner for GeoWoodstock X!

teamCull    3

Parkerplus and I have plans to go to GeoWoodstock X and we are interested if anyone would like to travel with us up there and share expenses. Our tentative plans have us leaving May 22nd and going east on I-10 until we get to I-59 north through Mississippi to Birmingham, Alabama to I-65 north to Sellersburg on May 24th. We already have hotel reservations in Jeffersonville, Indiana. We would leave on Sunday, May 27th back-tracking on I-65 to Nashville, then west on I-40 to Little Rock then south to Alexandria on HW 167 then hopping over to Jasper to Beaumont then home by May 29th.

I promise we will hit every kind of cache including traditional, mystery, multi, virtual, Earth, letterbox, web cam, and, of course, mega event. Please email teamCull if you are interested and would like more details.

:smiley6600:

Snoogans    9

I may be up for it. This is way too soon to say I can do it though.

I hated missing it this year.

aharris    0

Like Snoogans, it's a bit early for me, but would love to make the trip. Haven't seen ParkerPlus and would love to go with some seasoned cachers!

crossmage    22

then west on I-40 to Little Rock then south to Alexandria on HW 167

The Americana trail on 70 parallels that stretch of I-40 and is very scenic and its a fun trail - but it should really be done going west to east. It would be worth doubling back though - its a fast little trail.

I'll also toss my hat into the definite maybe pool. Sounds like a great plan!

teamCull    3

maybe going, but will be using award miles to fly.

Aw, shucks. Half the fun is getting caches along the way. I hope to get caches in at least 5 new states, maybe 7. It will also help my US county challenge and looking for a few web cam caches. They are getting harder and harder to find. Also, if we can hit Memphis on the way home, I hope to get a couple of CE (a former local cacher) caches. Of course, gas, hotels and food costs must be considered... :wacko:

Muddy Buddies    103

Aw, shucks. Half the fun is getting caches along the way. I hope to get caches in at least 5 new states, maybe 7. It will also help my US county challenge and looking for a few web cam caches. They are getting harder and harder to find. Also, if we can hit Memphis on the way home, I hope to get a couple of CE (a former local cacher) caches. Of course, gas, hotels and food costs must be considered... :wacko:

You obviously didn't know CE very well to be wanting to go after his caches.

heftydude    132

You obviously didn't know CE very well to be wanting to go after his caches.

I never met him. Heard the stories. But his caches are usually full of some really nice (perhaps "hot"?!?) swag. My brother picked up a Premium Membership card from his chirp cache in Austin. When he showed up in Austin, I warned my other brother (the one from the same mother, not the one from the other mother) to stay away.

HoustonControl    1,046

Any decent swag was most likely pilfered to begin with. And CE wasn't much for maintenance, so over time his caches fell into disrepair. His Memphis caches were placed several years ago, so all the cool stuff is long gone by now and they're probably full of McSwag and used golf balls.

Besides, if you always trade up or trade even, swag shouldn't even be an attraction, right? ???

teamCull    3

Any decent swag was most likely pilfered to begin with. And CE wasn't much for maintenance, so over time his caches fell into disrepair. His Memphis caches were placed several years ago, so all the cool stuff is long gone by now and they're probably full of McSwag and used golf balls.

Besides, if you always trade up or trade even, swag shouldn't even be an attraction, right? ???

I've hit several CE caches here in Houston and a couple in Beaumont (Illuminati & Wrong Side of the Canal). There are several left in Memphis (Eon-8, Otis Redding Park, Tales From The Crypt, Spaghetti Westerns) then maybe I'll have to go for one or two of his in Austin. His infamy is legendary. As far as ever meeting him, it would have to be a chance encounter. :police:

teamCull    3

Hi,

It looks like Parkerplus and I have decided to make the run to GeoWoodstock X by ourselves. My little Corolla gets great gas mileage, but not much room. :coolsmiley:

I have solved about 15 puzzles in Jeffersonville, Ind., most put out by Astralmonkey. They are easy, but if anyone wants to share solutions,, let me know. :smiley6600:

Also, let's get a list together of all the Houston area cachers going to GeoWoodstock X! :smitten:

georeyna    108

I am gonna miss this year's Woodstock. It is either between Maine, for the First Ever EarthCache Challenge Event, or Geowoodstock. I think I will break my streak and go to Maine.