Geocaching Challenges

151 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So if they don't count towards your total finds, basically challenges are simply whereigos without a dedicated web site.  No complaining, I think it is better this way. 

Eagle

Posted · Report post

Wherigos count.  That said, GC.com may not be done messing with it yet.  So who knows...

Posted · Report post

Wherigos count.  That said, GC.com may not be done messing with it yet.  So who knows...

Wheigo caches count as finds.  There are lots of Wherigos that don't end with a cache.

Posted · Report post

Why do some challenges show who created them and others not?

Posted · Report post

They are supposed to end with a cache.

A Wherigo cache is supposed to end with a cache.  There are Wherigo cartridges that you can download to play for the fun of it -- including "Play Anywhere" cartridges.  The only "credit" given for completing them is a completed cartridge checkmark on Wherigo.com.

Posted · Report post

They are supposed to end with a cache.

A Wherigo cache is supposed to end with a cache.  There are Wherigo cartridges that you can download to play for the fun of it -- including "Play Anywhere" cartridges.  The only "credit" given for completing them is a completed cartridge checkmark on Wherigo.com.

Gotcha.  That's right.  Having only been able at uploading my success on one, I have never worried about logging there as I just don't seem capable of doing it.  But with my replaced GPSr, maybe that's fixed now.  Or maybe it's still just me.  :P

Posted · Report post

Why do some challenges show who created them and others not?

I've noticed that and not sure if it's a bug or not.  Make sure you can't click 'show more comments'.  I just checked Gil's Sit By Me Shark and after you go through several screens of completeds, accepts, and comments, he's down at the bottom as the creator.  Worked on the Houston Event Challenge for me, too.

But I've also had that not work on some before as well.

Posted · Report post

So.....now these Challenges don't count towards your find count...ok, whatever, but these were supposed to be Virtuals Incarnate and they're not.  What a surprise.... 

So Virtuals aren't back, Jeremy lied, GC lied, whomever....real nice of them to say that and not deliver but instead we have something tantamount to Waymarks......gotta love it.........

......not.

Posted · Report post

Waymarks!!!  Thank you.  That was what I meant to say instead of whereigo's, just could not think of the name.  Thanks

Eagle

Posted · Report post

I would almost compare them to Benchmarks in that they show up on your GC.com profile, but don't add to your find count.  Personally, I'd rather hunt for benchmarks.

And Alan... I think you have anger issues.  :o

Posted · Report post

Actually, I don't.  Really.  I don't need to say anything else about this topic.  I've vented enough. :)

Posted · Report post

I don't like having to pay entrance fees to cache.

Don’t you know the first law of physics?  Anything that’s fun costs at least $8.

-- Eric Cartman

Posted · Report post

Just to clarify -- that wasn't intended to be a rebuttal.  It's just a line from South Park I think is funny.  The other kids were objecting to doing something (I forget what) because it cost money and Eric (the unpleasant kid) said it impatiently. 

Since it seemed to halt the thread, I though I'd better clarify.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure which is more surpising -- that OSC believes he has actually vented enough or that Thot watches South Park...  :o

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure which is more surpising -- that OSC believes he has actually vented enough or that Thot watches South Park...  :o

I know, right?! :-)

Posted · Report post

Just to clarify -- that wasn't intended to be a rebuttal.  It's just a line from South Park I think is funny.  The other kids were objecting to doing something (I forget what) because it cost money and Eric (the unpleasant kid) said it impatiently. 

Since it seemed to halt the thread, I though I'd better clarify.

THOT killed Kenny!

Posted · Report post

THOT killed Kenny!

LMAO.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Thanks.  I needed that this morning.

Posted · Report post

I'm confused again.  Here's the FAQ Q&A from GC on whether Challenges are included in your cache count:

Question: Do Challenges increase my Geocaching.com find count?

Answer:  Yes. Challenge completions and geocache finds are combined in your total stats count. . . .

Posted · Report post

Did I dream it or is there a rule somewhere against a Challenge being to find a cache?

Posted · Report post

I'm confused again.  Here's the FAQ Q&A from GC on whether Challenges are included in your cache count:

Question: Do Challenges increase my Geocaching.com find count?

Answer:  Yes. Challenge completions and geocache finds are combined in your total stats count. . . .

It changed.  They are tracked separately.  Caches are caches and challenges are challenges.  Notice your little box in the upper right -- Finds is gone.  And on your quick-view -- found = caches, not caches + challenges.

Posted · Report post

Did I dream it or is there a rule somewhere against a Challenge being to find a cache?

You didn't dream it, but I'm not sure it's published, either.