Sign in to follow this  
TravelingGeek

GWS9 Count Down

georeyna    108

Yes, it was a MEGA!!  People come and go during the day, with the final cachers waiting at the end for the group picture.  Personally, I think we need to take a group picture first.  Everyone tends to keep caching during the event and some never make it back to the event for the group pic.

Is that really 500+ people? Was it really a mega?  ;D

Yes, it was a MEGA!!  People come and go during the day, with the final cachers waiting at the end for the group picture.  Personally, I think we need to take a group picture first.  Everyone tends to keep caching during the event and some never make it back to the event for the group pic.

Is that really 500+ people? Was it really a mega?  ;D

I was just being difficult (remember the TC trying to be mega)... was there a log book?

Mr. ZHR    56

We are in Corning, New York, heading to Watkin's Glen to camp with our son, who is coming down from Fort Drum for the weekend.  We hope to do The Spot (NY's oldest) tomorrow.

We aren't in the picture, because we were preparing for our Event.  Right now there are 451 "Attended" posted!

HoustonControl    1,046

I was just being difficult (remember the TC trying to be mega)... was there a log book?

There was a log bench that everyone signed.  That's me in the dark shirt to the right of the Welcome to GeoWoodstock banner.

On another note, I took my busted iPhone to the Apple store here in New Jersey and they replaced it under warranty for free!  The guy pointed out that they usually didn't cover klutziness, but he was feeling generous.  Maybe the fact that I was on vacation ...and that my profile shows I own two iPhones and a Macbook pro helped a bit.  ::)

HoustonControl    1,046

Looks like I may have another traveling geocoin stuck in the event where it was first released.  I dropped my Europe or Bust geocoin at GeoWoodstock and it still hasn't been retrieved from the event by whoever took it.

I was getting upset about this, but then I see that there are still 686 trackables in the event.  Seriously folks?  686 trackables taken that people haven't found the time in 3 weeks to simply log them into their possession?  How hard is that?

Probably half of those have already been dropped elsewhere and the owners won't realize it until another cacher finds and logs them.  >:(

Mr. ZHR    56

People are still logging our Anniversary event, and we archived it on Sunday.  610 "Attended" as of right now.

TravelingGeek    140

People are still logging our Anniversary event, and we archived it on Sunday.  610 "Attended" as of right now.

I think your event was the coolest I've ever been to.... people just chilling in line waiting to get a cupcake!  Sweet Bliss.

I'm surprised you didn't get promoted to a mega event.  I'm not sure how that works, but ya'll put out a mega effort, and had a mega attendance, so you should have had mega event status for your mega anniversary.

HoustonControl    1,046

Mega status is only bestowed on one event (the main event) per weekend in a given area.  Even though the Friday night meet-n-greet, ZHR's anniversary event, or the Saturday night Geocoin Madness events may all have over 500 attendees, the people are all basically there for GeoWoodstock, so that is the event that is granted mega status.

At least I've heard that's how it works...  :)

georeyna    108

I agree HC.  I dropped 3 personal coins to come back to fellow geocachers in Houston.  Two were picked up, one was not.  Infact you picked one of them up.  I agree..why does it take 4 weeks to log a coin.  I went through all kinds of heck to get the previous owner to adopt the coin over to me, only for it to show up missing at GW9.

Did you see a little *camera coin* in the Texas bucket by any chance?

Looks like I may have another traveling geocoin stuck in the event where it was first released.  I dropped my Europe or Bust geocoin at GeoWoodstock and it still hasn't been retrieved from the event by whoever took it.

I was getting upset about this, but then I see that there are still 686 trackables in the event.  Seriously folks?  686 trackables taken that people haven't found the time in 3 weeks to simply log them into their possession?  How hard is that?

Probably half of those have already been dropped elsewhere and the owners won't realize it until another cacher finds and logs them.  >:(

Mr. ZHR    56

What work?  I figured out the coords on Google Earth, got it published, and we went to Wal-mart for cupcakes! We just rode the coattails of the hard work of the GW IX committee.