Sign in to follow this  
TravelingGeek

GWS9 Count Down

TravelingGeek    140

I'm getting really excited... It's gonna be a great time.  Looks like the weather will be typical... stormy!

I fly on Thursday which looks like the best day of the weekend...

post-1149-131759833931_thumb.jpg

HoustonControl    1,046

Setting up my pocket queries for the trip.  Did a PQ along a route from Philly to GW9 and sorted by favorite points -- might stop for a few.  There's a webcam cache in Warren.  Make sure you have a sign with you that says where you're from!  http://coord.info/GCMHEM

TravelingGeek    140

0700 departure planned:  CXO LIT LEX JHW

OMG!  I fly a lot for a living and  I totaly missed that JHW would be Jamestown... it's not like I lived there for the first 18 years of my life or anything.  Have fun... it is a SMALL airport.  :D :D :D

I'm flying into Erie, because that's the closest Marriott to GWS. What a drag.

However, for Jamestown, I recommend:

• Pizza -- Lena's on 2nd street

• Wings -- Collage Inn on Falconer St.  The hottest is not on the menu, you have to ask for it... but I forget what they call it.

• Texas Hots -- I like Johny's Lunch on Fairmount, but others like AJ's... they have a couple of locations. Someone please explain to me why texas hotdogs are so popular in Jamestown, but not here.
  • Good Beer -- Southern Tier Brewing.  This was not available when I lived or visited here regularly, but I had their IPA in Washington a couple of years ago and was really impressed.  I've wanted to try their others ever since... this is my big chance.

Anyone interested in having good local beer on Sunday is welcome to join me and a couple of friends at Southern Tier brewery.  The Weekend Afternoon Tour begins at the Empty Pint at 3pm and 5pm Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. We recommend arriving early to ensure a spot because each tour is limited to 25 people.  It's a little west of Jamestown.

Oh yea... one strange thing about Jamestown... it's got a bar or a church on almost every corner.  Its really amazing when you think about it.

georeyna    108

Geodaughter and I will still be in PA for the day.  I may just meet ya.  Thanks for the advice.  I am very excited about going...it seems like it will be alot of fun.

0700 departure planned:  CXO LIT LEX JHW

OMG!  I fly a lot for a living and  I totaly missed that JHW would be Jamestown... it's not like I lived there for the first 18 years of my life or anything.  Have fun... it is a SMALL airport.  :D :D :D

I'm flying into Erie, because that's the closest Marriott to GWS. What a drag.

However, for Jamestown, I recommend:

• Pizza -- Lena's on 2nd street

• Wings -- Collage Inn on Falconer St.  The hottest is not on the menu, you have to ask for it... but I forget what they call it.

• Texas Hots -- I like Johny's Lunch on Fairmount, but others like AJ's... they have a couple of locations. Someone please explain to me why texas hotdogs are so popular in Jamestown, but not here.
  • Good Beer -- Southern Tier Brewing.  This was not available when I lived or visited here regularly, but I had their IPA in Washington a couple of years ago and was really impressed.  I've wanted to try their others ever since... this is my big chance.

Anyone interested in having good local beer on Sunday is welcome to join me and a couple of friends at Southern Tier brewery.  The Weekend Afternoon Tour begins at the Empty Pint at 3pm and 5pm Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. We recommend arriving early to ensure a spot because each tour is limited to 25 people.  It's a little west of Jamestown.

Oh yea... one strange thing about Jamestown... it's got a bar or a church on almost every corner.  Its really amazing when you think about it.

TravelingGeek    140

Hey... GWS Veterans...

Do you think there will be a cache container contest?  I have a couple of unique ones that weren't quite ready for TC2011.  Should I bring them to Warren?

HoustonControl    1,046

Hey... GWS Veterans...

Do you think there will be a cache container contest?  I have a couple of unique ones that weren't quite ready for TC2011.  Should I bring them to Warren?

Any cache container contest should be mentioned on the Official GeoWoodstock IX website.  Under the shedule of events, I see mentions of Geo-bingo, Geo-Poker, a Silent Auction, Live pod-cast, GSAK and Wherigo classes, GPS Accuracy Game, Live Music and a Live Podcast.... but no container contest.  :-\

TravelingGeek    140

If you don't find a contest before then, we will be having ours at SETX Gang Octoberfest http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6a5d9fc4-9ad1-4064-9530-e6c1eaa214ca

Thats very tempting, but Holloween is my big holiday for decorations.  Lets put it this way... the neighborhood little kids know to stay away  >:D >:D>:D

georeyna    108

I got my plane tickets...plane flight has changed, but it is a better flight.  Car Rental, and Comfort Inn. 

Wish me luck everyone...I am going into the Thunderdome!!  ;D

Mr. ZHR    56

We are in Philadelphia, and did some cachies today.  We are heading out tomorrow AM, and will be setting up camp tomorrow night.  Stop by site 210 and say hi.  Hope to see you at our event!

georeyna    108

I should be able to stop by.  I will be staying in Titusville for 4 days.

I hope we can make an effort to get a group picture of all of us in PA.  Lets try this year!! LOL!!  :D

HoustonControl    1,046

I hope we can make an effort to get a group picture of all of us in PA.  Lets try this year!! LOL!!  :D

We should all wear our 2011 Texas Challenge shirts.  They'll stand out in a crowd!

We should all wear our 2011 Texas Challenge shirts.  They'll stand out in a crowd!

I've got mine with me.

Nov64    55

I've got mine with me.

I'll be wearing purple...it does say HGCS :)

TravelingGeek    140

So glad you said this!  I might not have remembered to pack it.  Oh my god, i still have to pack!!!!  :-\ :-\

HoustonControl    1,046

Great time at GW9 today.  Well, right up to the part where I dropped and broke the screen on my iPhone.  :(

We remembered to get a group picture this time!

Oh, and GWX will be in Sellersburg, Indiana (just north of Louisville, KY).  http://coord.info/GC2X6ZV

post-28-131759834064_thumb.jpg

georeyna    108

OMG, you broke your iphone screen.  Ya know, I noticed that you did not have an otter box around the iPhone.  Sorry to hear about the iPhone loss.  :(

HoustonControl    1,046

OMG, you broke your iphone screen.  Ya know, I noticed that you did not have an otter box around the iPhone.  Sorry to hear about the iPhone loss.  :(

Waiting in line for ZHR's event, I pulled it out of my pocket to take (another) picture of a personal trackable... and I lost my grip and it hit the gravel.  Face down, of course.  :P

Nov64    55

Great time at GW9 today.  Well, right up to the part where I dropped and broke the screen on my iPhone.  :(

We remembered to get a group picture this time!

Oh, and GWX will be in Sellersburg, Indiana (just north of Louisville, KY).  http://coord.info/GC2X6ZV

Good looking group   O0

Nov64    55

Just got home about hour ago.  Took about a half hour for the puppies to stop licking me to death.  Found 3 FTF and the oldest cache in Arkansas yesterday. 

gsguru    28

Just got home about hour ago.  Took about a half hour for the puppies to stop licking me to death.  Found 3 FTF and the oldest cache in Arkansas yesterday. 

Welcome home. I know the fam missed you!!

georeyna    108

Geodaughter and I are to the left of Patty.  Darn, no one can see my special *thumbs up*!!

Good looking group   O0

Suuuuuuuuure it is!  :P