Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do caches get published faster in other states?

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Good to see this topic and see that I am not the only one with issues of ...  first to submit   -  last to post! 

Posted · Report post

My part of Florida gets caches posted some times same day if they are in before 3 PM.  Never more than a day after that.

Posted · Report post

Day 11 today for 8 caches and 8 more a few days behind that for a total of 16 caches languishing.  I sent an email to appeals.

Posted · Report post

Two caches approved within two hours of posting.

Thank you, PR

Posted · Report post

I saw that. I still have 16 in the queue. Day 12 on 8 of them.

Posted · Report post

I saw that. I still have 16 in the queue. Day 12 on 8 of them.

When a few of us here  in the north country placed the Three Amigos' LHWP series it languished in the queue for quite a few days.  After a brief,  cordial e-mail exchange with PR, they were published the next day.  No point in going into detail, but there was a simple misunderstanding of what was to be published and when.   Could there be some sort of "confusion factor" which is delaying publication?  Just a thought.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nope. 8 are out by the Anahuac Wildlife refuge, some are near Beach City, and the others here in Baytown. All standard BB fare(!). I went ahead and posted a reviewers note asking if there is something I can do to speed up the process.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

I submitted one yesterday afternoon, and it was published last night.  Of course, it was just one cache (out on the Lone Star Trail:  GC4ER52).

Posted (edited) · Report post

197 caches hidden? The other day he published four out north of Mont Belvieu I submitted the next day.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

...he published four out north of Mont Belvieu I submitted the next day.
Ok Bert, on occasion I know the PR can be quick but....

Posted · Report post

LOL That didn't come out the way my thinker intended. He published four I submitted in about 24 hours.

Posted · Report post

Mine have all published within 3 days, except the Multi-madness series that took almost 2 weeks to publish.  The same thing happened with the Shuttle series of puzzles at JSC.  Basically, if you submit more that 3 or 4 caches at the same time, be prepared to wait.... and wait, and wait.  He has a bit of a disdain for series and tends to show it that way.  In the future, submit them 2 or 3 at a time spread out over several days.  Why do you think the new CLAPS caches are coming out so slowly???

Baytown Bert and cachestacker like this

Posted · Report post

I noticed a couple of long-missing caches in the area were archived today by Crow T. Robot, who appears to be a Florida Reviewer.  I wonder if PR is getting some help in this regard?

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

2 more geocaches just got archived in our area!  There is some serious slashing going on.  :smiley6600: