Presidential Series caches

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If anyone is planning a specific day, on a weekend, let us know - we still have many in the series to do.

Posted · Report post

The forest is absolutely magical after all this rain.  Go and do it.

Posted · Report post

Breaking News Breaking News.........

If you have not done the caches in Jones State Forest.  Even the new ones placed last September.  (That series is better than the Presidential Series.)  You need to go do them in the next few months.  I will be revamping the entire forest and publishing two new and exciting series of caches.  It is something I have been working on for a while and I should have it completed by July. 

If the next ones are anything like what is there now, I'll be out in force on my next visit after placement.  What a great series there now!

Posted · Report post

TXSunflower, Brandon and I are planning on heading up to work on the series as we haven't really done any.  We figured we better get a move on since we know life tends to get in the way some times.  I just sent a note to Keely if anyone else wants to join us, let me know.  We will have 2 dogs with us and looking forward to a good day of fun.

Posted · Report post

I kind of thought so...  Our plan is to go have fun and get as many as we can.  We will see how it goes with the boy and 2 dogs. 

Posted · Report post

It's a two-dayer by most counts.

It can be done in a day.  About 5 1/2 hours by bicycle as I recall.  Actually I missed one because I had accidentally filtered it out due to the last few logs being DNF.  I didn't notice till I went home to log the caches so I went back the next day and found it.  I wouldn't have added that much time had I gotten it along the way.  So, it's doable, but it's not easy, especially s the temps climb.

Posted · Report post

I think we did it in a little over four hours by bike. Admittedly Log Dawgs was in the group. Eagle

Posted · Report post

We did it by foot.  About 11 miles if I remember right.

It took about 8 hours.

Bring plenty of water.

Posted · Report post

Did it on foot too, started around 9am finished around 3pm. Did all Presidents, picked up some of the letterboxes on the North side of the park, all in all 54 for the day.

Did it in fall, so not as hot as it is right now, so indeed bring lot's of water. Due to excellent tree cover there is plenty of shade available though!

Posted · Report post

The reason it took me two days is because I crawled on my hands and knees to bump up the experience.  :knuppel2:

Posted · Report post

Just a bump to remind people that if you still want to do this series before it is gone, we are having an event there tomorrow morning to grab some of them.  It might take more than one event to get them all done - due to the heat, I don't think people could/should try to do them all tomorrow.