Warning - Do not park here if you're entering GBP from the West.

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The TV Snooki would drink heavily and hook up with the nearest juicehead gorilla.

Our Snooki is far far above that.

Posted · Report post

Why do you guys want to be mean?

*pointing finger at the SMuggle*    "She started it!"

Posted · Report post

I don't think this is really about being mean. The HOA probably wanted that access point to the park and with that means folks parking there. I agree that no one should block someone's driveway but if you are not blocking the drive then it is fair game as a public street. I know that I live on the end of a cul-de-sac and we regularly have extra vehicles parked there. Yes it means the kids can't always play in the area to the full extent of normal but we never get ugly or mean about it. I think this person needs to learn how to be polite and "share" the public street.

Posted · Report post

The TV Snooki would drink heavily and hook up with the nearest juicehead gorilla.

Our Snooki is far far above that.

I wouldn't say that. ;-)

Posted · Report post

I think I will simply avoid parking down there and park at what?  The school parking lot and walk down.  Shoot, walking is what we do, right?  How far away is the school?  I couldn't tell looking at the aerial.  The sport has enough inherent dangers without multiplying it with irrational humans, but as always, YMMV.  :)

Posted · Report post

I think this person needs to learn how to be polite and "share" the public street.

This is something I tried to convey to her. I said that the only reason why she was being met with confrontation is because she approached us with a piss poor attitude and that we wouldn't even be having this conversation if she would have politely asked me to leave. However I don't think she heard a word I said because she was yelling over everything I had to say.

However I'm not interested in causing any problems. This person is one that can not be reasoned with. As well I would like to try and be a better person and not be drawn down to her level.

I simply started this thread because I didn't want my friends to have similar experiences with this person or worse.. have their vehicles damaged. I know in the past I have recommended parking here to a few cachers. There is more than adequate parking at the school with an open access gate. Ultimately I think the school is the safest place to park on the weekends or late in the evenings.

Posted · Report post

I think I will simply avoid parking down there and park at what?  The school parking lot and walk down.  Shoot, walking is what we do, right?  How far away is the school?  I couldn't tell looking at the aerial.  The sport has enough inherent dangers without multiplying it with irrational humans, but as always, YMMV.  :)

The school is less than a minute or two further down the road.

Bert, I modified the map to show the two trailheads for the West end of GBP.

Posted · Report post

You're awesome TFP.  I knew why you started the thread and appreciate the warning.  I'll take on ANY native Houston wild animal before I'll take on an irrational human.

Posted · Report post

That's Cinco Ranch right?  I was over there yesterday marking the trees...er, uh, leaving my mark.  :angel:

I wonder if the city council person over that district could be contacted and let them know there is a problem with parking and access.

Posted · Report post

I agree with Kianlo. Why do you guys want to be mean?

Its an issue of recognizing a behavior and taking advantage of it.

OK, so Flashmob is "mean", lets make it a CITO.

Posted · Report post

I agree with Kianlo. Why do you guys want to be mean?

Its an issue of recognizing a behavior and taking advantage of it.

OK, so Flashmob is "mean", lets make it a CITO.

Actually this is a great idea. Just a matter of logistics... but we could collect all the garbage possible and there is lots of it around a fridge too far... then leave it at the dead-end. Do it say on a Saturday afternoon so the trash sits until Monday before the county comes and picks it up. We would be doing a good deed and service to the community. How can you argue with that?

:D

The Harris County Parks department and the HOA have already been notified via email as requested. The HOA stated that the lady has already been spoken to and that parking issue was briefly discussed at their last HOA meeting. They are supposedly looking for ways to deal with the issue.

Posted · Report post

Now all of you are thinking!!!! CITO is a great idea!  And we could all get another smiley!  But we might want to check about WHERE stuff should be left.  I understand she's a b....  It's wrong for her to behave so badly.  But she is NOT rational.  I've dealt with such people in the past and if you atogonize them it could get VERY ugly.

Posted · Report post

Yea, hive-minds at work..  :D

Unfortunately the County would instruct us where to the leave the trash. So I was only kidding about leaving it at her house...

:crazy2:

Posted · Report post

Moving on to more positive things... if anyone wants to send me coordinates for "safe" parking areas around GBP that are not obvious I'll add them to the map.

Posted · Report post

Moving on to more positive things... if anyone wants to send me coordinates for "safe" parking areas around GBP that are not obvious I'll add them to the map.

Map?  What map are you referring to?  Is there a map of GBP parking areas already in existence?  Thanks, in advance,  for the info.

Posted · Report post

Yea, first post in this thread  ;)

Here is the link - http://goo.gl/8Rmen

Excellent.  Can't wait to see what parking spots you will post on the map.

Posted · Report post

I was kidding in my earlier post.  It's not about being mean.  But bullying is wrong on all levels.  Would people's perspective change if this was your teenage son or daughter being berated and not the big, burly and handsome Team Four Paw? 

Btw, I usually park at the Walgreens down the street and never even thought of parking there. 

Posted · Report post

The parking lot on the east side of Walgreens at Highland Knolls & Fry has a sign to the effect that vehicles parked in their lot will be towed after one hour.  :police: I don't know if they will actually do it, but I park in the lots a few stores south of there and have never had a problem.

I like the idea of a CITO event. O0

Posted · Report post

I just looked at the map.  Boy, there are lots of swimming pools there!

Posted · Report post

I just got a call regarding my email I sent to the Park Admin office from one of the officers that's responsible for patrolling the areas around the park. Nice guy.  O0

1.) We don't have to change our parking habits as it's a public road and the public is free to park on the street as long as it's not blocking a driveway or more than 18" from the curb.

There is nothing the lady can do otherwise.

2.) Officer suggested that we put the dispatch number in our phones and call in should there be another confrontation.

3.) Officer said they would patrol the area over the next couple of weeks and see if there is a real problem with parking.

4.) I'm totally surprised I got a call back and from an officer no less. I honestly thought my email to the parks office would seemingly go unnoticed.

George Bush Park is patrolled by Pct.5

http://www.co.harris.tx.us/pct5/divdispatch.aspx

With all that said I'm still parking at the School and will no longer attempt to park near this lady's house.

Posted · Report post

I just looked at the map.  Boy, there are lots of swimming pools there!

I had the same thought!

Great follow up Jason!