Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS CITO - Armand Bayou - Spring Cleaning Sun 5/1/11

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event. 

I heard the commotion from around the bend.  It seemed to be a high pitched scream!!  What could it be?? A snake, a gator, somebody fall in.  No just a little spider.  Now we know thacatfish's kryptonite.  :)

Anyway thanks for the event Kevin we had a blast.  And my son wants to go back for more.

Posted · Report post

While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event. 

I heard the commotion from around the bend.  It seemed to be a high pitched scream!!  What could it be?? A snake, a gator, somebody fall in.  No just a little spider.  Now we know thacatfish's kryptonite.  :)

In his defense, it was a HUGE spider. I encountered a few good sized spiders while I was out there and I never freaked out. The one that Thecatfish dealt with? I kind of can't blame him... but I still couldn't help but laugh when he freaked out.

Posted · Report post

im telling yall the spider was the size of a dinner plate and it was staring me down ready to pounce there was nothing i could do about it it was definetly a mean spider i had to do what i had to do.............

Posted · Report post

Yes, Larry in the kiddie boat was extremely hilarious!  :D :D  You could tell he was a bit miserable, but hey he saved $50.00!! 

I think he wanted to trade out boats with someone but he was too afraid to ask!!

Great job on the event Cachestacker....It was so much fun!!

Posted · Report post

Wanted to give a big shout out to Houston Control and thacatfish for shuttling many of us back to Bay Area Park after a series of unfortunate events fell upon no muggle and bittybit.  :o  THANK YOU guys very much for helping out!  O0 O0

Here's to hoping that no muggle's and bittybit's hassles and inconvenience are short-lived.  And if you ever find out who did it --  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Posted · Report post

Wanted to give a big shout out to Houston Control and thacatfish for shuttling many of us back to Bay Area Park after a series of unfortunate events fell upon no muggle and bittybit.  :o  THANK YOU guys very much for helping out!  O0 O0

No problem -- I just put my kayak in the ashtray and loaded the others in the back of the truck.  It was really easy.  ::)

Disclaimer -- This is 3rd or 4th hand information: From what I understand, bittybit was parked at Big Island Slough parking and someone stole her purse (which contained her keys) out of her truck.  Her truck may or may not have been broken into in the process -- details are not clear on that.  >:(

Posted · Report post

Here's to hoping that no muggle's and bittybit's hassles and inconvenience are short-lived.  And if you ever find out who did it --  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Ditto

Posted · Report post

We had quite a few people do the CLAPS Challenge cache on the day of the CITO.  But the paddle bug bit Trea and geojrh -- they came back today to paddle and cache more!  That's quite a drive, but probably more sane than doing all that in one day (unless you had to rent and get it all in at once). 

Congrats to all the finishers yesterday who did it all in one day -- with the second part in that brutal wind:(georeyna  :uglystupid2:, geodaughter :uglystupid2:, Raven :uglystupid2:, heftydude :uglystupid2:, and kemis :uglystupid2:).  And those who had already completed the challenge but went along with them for the ride (you know who you are :uglystupid2:  :buck2:).  That's a lot of extra paddling after the event!!!

Posted · Report post

no problem taking everyone back and forth i would have wanted someone to do it for me if i was in the same situation im just glad everyone had a good time thats really all that matters