Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS CITO - Armand Bayou - Spring Cleaning Sun 5/1/11

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Are we supposed to reconfirm?  Kemis and Heftydude are definitely attending.  Looks like 30% chance of rain sunday  :tickedoff:

Given the South winds of 10-20 we are likely to stick with the group and head north and catch a ride over to CLAPS II

Posted · Report post

We can decide as a group if we want to go up that way as well, come back, and continue up to the planned pull-out.

But in any case, Aggie85 is making the detour to do CLAPS II as well, so you'd have company. 

Rain?  Little rain never hurt anyone.  Remember your ziplocks and you'll be fine.

Posted · Report post

I am about 95% positive that I will be able to make it along with my son Lat_Attack.  :D We'll be following the group for the CITO of course.  I would love to do the challenge (Claps II) with Heftydude, Kemis, and Aggie85....but not sure if my son will be up to it. I will have to wait until we get to the end of Claps III AKA Spring Gulley.  I will get with the group going on to CLAPS II if we want to go for it. 

Thank you, Thank you, O0 Bittybit and no muggle for the shuttle services.  We will be taking advantage of your generous offering.

Thanks Kevin for putting this together!  I am getting excited about the event and getting out on the water.  :D :D O0:D :D O0  I've been wanting to do these since they came out.  Who knows... maybe this event will inspire a new series in Baytown on the water.  :-\  :-\ :-\

Posted · Report post

Who knows... maybe this event will inspire a new series in Baytown on the water.  :-\  :-\ :-\

Hope so!

Ok -- so far we have On The Water plans from:

Georenya and geodaughter

Houston Control

Latitude Attitude and Lat_Attack

MTCachers

kirbydox

(Rich &) Lola

aggie85

heftydude

kemis

geojrh

Possible On the Water plans from:

Bittybit

Trea

Posted · Report post

Me thinks "cachestacker" is missing from that list  ;)

Posted · Report post

believe im going to be able to make it out sunday for the cito plan on going towards nasa road 1 to catch the last of the caches that were placed since ive been out there anyone else going that way?

Posted · Report post

believe im going to be able to make it out sunday for the cito plan on going towards nasa road 1 to catch the last of the caches that were placed since ive been out there anyone else going that way?

If we don't do claps 2 and the challenge, I was looking to pick up some caches in the area afterwards. I haven't found many on NASA RD so I we might join you.

Posted · Report post

If the wind keeps up, it's gonna be a major endurance run to go that way on the open water.  Was at the park this evening at Syd's softball game and there was chop on the water at the boat launch.  But the good news is the wind is pushing the water up very high, so there were no low tide issues at all.  Thinking, though, that the benefit of going that wa is that low tide won't be nearly as low as it gets sometimes....

I presume you're talking about doing KX's Alphabet series?

Posted · Report post

yea the alphabet series is all i have left to do out there then im gonna drive up to the red bluff put in and grab the claps 3 number 13 always cito cache that you put out after i did that end of the series plus do some citoing all along the way anyone else plan on going that type of route?

Posted · Report post

If we don't do claps 2 and the challenge, I was looking to pick up some caches in the area afterwards. I haven't found many on NASA RD so I we might join you.

How about another Baytown cacher to tag along? I haven't gotten too many on NASA RD either.

Posted · Report post

im not caching on nasa rd i meant i was putting in at BAP and paddling toward nasa rd thats the way im heading on the water for the cito

Posted · Report post

If anyone plans on tackling Special Tools Required http://coord.info/GC2MP88 after the event (fun in a small group), I'll be 'on-call' (and only minutes away).  I have the one tool most people seem to not have.  ::):P and am happy to show up with it so you can continue onward.  ;)  Some of the CITO attendees have experience with this one, too.  O0

For the CITO -- Weather looks like it will be fine tomorrow.  If anyone needs me, my cell is 281-702-8835.

Posted · Report post

I called Vern at Pinkies and he told me to meet him at the park instead of his place of business to get the Kayak.  I am glad I called, he thought I was doing a Conoco Kayak run, but I corrected him and he has geodaughter and I all set up!!  O0

Posted · Report post

You can add two more the group....Scott and I will be there   :D

Posted · Report post

I'm still coming but I may have to leave early and not paddle to the end of claps III.  My wife had something come up with her job and I may have to get back to watch the kids.  I'm going to beg my mom to help so we will see in the morning.  See everyone then. 

Posted · Report post

We are up (way to early for a Sunday) and making like a baby and headed out

Posted · Report post

Had a great time today...came home and took a nap

Posted · Report post

By my track log, we paddled 4.4 miles in 3 hours, including the backtracking.  Good times!  Well, except for bittybit's misfortune... :(

Posted · Report post

had a great time out on the water today im a little tired but oh well a few of us even vetured down and put in off nasa road one and paddled all the way back to bay area park so we could grab the alphabet series of claps

Posted · Report post

I put a bunch of photos up on the event page.  KX did, too.  But this was the funnies thing I saw at the event.

No.  Correction.  While I feel your pain, thacatfish's theatrics on a giant spider (twice) was the funniest thing I saw AT the event.  This was AFTER the event. 

It could have only been funnier if this was HC's car. Would have matched his boat.  ;)

8ffdd346-818c-4c32-af18-7ca57dc1bc36.jpg

Posted · Report post

By my track log, we paddled 4.4 miles in 3 hours, including the backtracking. 

All up hill :2funny:

Posted · Report post

I don't know.. those pictures of Larry in that "kiddie boat" were hilarious...  :D

Posted · Report post

I don't know.. those pictures of Larry in that "kiddie boat" were hilarious...  :D

I took the "boat" back to my brother-in-law.  He said to let him know if I ever wanted to borrow it again and I told him, "not likely"...