Nov64

GeoWoodstock IX - Registration now open

Must have been busy due to the "lunch rush".  I was finally able to log-in and register an account.

From GW IX on Facebook:

"Geowoodstock IX The website host server is having technical difficulties with hardware. As a result, the website goes down periodically. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please be patient, it should be fixed tomorrow."  (posted approximately 9 PM Monday evening)

I think I might be able to go!  A vacation slot opened up at work and I was able to sell this to the wife, as long as we stop to visit her brother in NJ (Philly area) for a few days afterward.  Anyone have hotel reservations yet?  Everything in Warren was booked up already, so we may have to stay in Jamestown, NY (40 miles away!).  :o

I think I might be able to go!  A vacation slot opened up at work and I was able to sell this to the wife, as long as we stop to visit her brother in NJ (Philly area) for a few days afterward.  Anyone have hotel reservations yet?  Everything in Warren was booked up already, so we may have to stay in Jamestown, NY (40 miles away!).  :o

We have a  campsite reserved!  Space available, if you can talk her into it.

Jamestown is cool for the Chatauqua Institute, Bradford is close, home of the Zippo lighter, and Titusville is also close, famous for the discovery of oil by Col Drake in 1859. We used to have long golf weekends at Cross Creek Resort in Titusville.  Doesn't look like there are as many earthcaches in the area as I would have expected but I bet you'll find something to do!

Everything in Warren was booked up already, so we may have to stay in Jamestown, NY (40 miles away!).  :o

We've got reservations in Jamestown.  I would have preferred something  closer to Warren, but since we're heading to MA after the event it seemed the best of the available alternatives.  At least we're pointed in the right direction.

Yeah, camping would probably be a deal-breaker with the little woman.  We'll be flying into Philly, renting a car and driving straight to GW on Friday.  Two night stay in the area for the events, then driving back to Philly/NJ to visit the fam for a week or so before flying home.  We may take a side trip to NYC for some sight-seeing... we'll see.

Got my air-fare and lodging -- everything's just about set.  This is gonna be great!

Had to settle for the America's Best Value Inn in Jamestown, NY.  Everything was booking up fast!  It would be nice if they host future GW's in more populated areas -- where you don't have to drive 50 miles to find lodging. :-\

Jamestown, NY.  ....  It would be nice if they host future GW's in more populated areas -- where you don't have to drive 50 miles to find lodging. :-\

hey!  That's my home town you are talking about!

Seriously... out of two parents and 9 kids, nobody still lives in Jamestown... Its a very depressed area. 

My brother still has about 17 acres of dirt about 30 miles north of Jamestown that you could share.  That would make it an 80 mile commute to GWS  :)

Geodaughter and I are going!!  This is a great chance to cache some states I have not cached and take the *old stuck bucket* on a great caching run. 

Geodaughter is very excited as well as I.  We are staying in Titusville, PA.  This is gonna be a big event, I can only imagine the people who will be there.  O0 O0

Jamestown, NY.  ....  It would be nice if they host future GW's in more populated areas -- where you don't have to drive 50 miles to find lodging. :-\

hey!  That's my home town you are talking about!

Seriously... out of two parents and 9 kids, nobody still lives in Jamestown... Its a very depressed area. 

My brother still has about 17 acres of dirt about 30 miles north of Jamestown that you could share.  That would make it an 80 mile commute to GWS  :)

Thanks for the offer... I guess.  I'm not complaining about Jamestown.  I'm grousing a bit about the event being in Pittsfield, PA, where there aren't 500 hotel rooms within 100 miles.  It's kind of tough to bring camping gear when you're flying in from out-of-state.  When GW7 was in Bell Buckle TN a couple of years ago, at least there was plenty of lodging 20-25 miles away Murfreesboro.

I hear you HC!

I have tons of Marriott points, but the closest one is Marriott Spring Hill Suites in Erie... So if I go, that is where I will be.  90% likely that I am going, but I need confirm a few things still.

Do not forget, we meet at the main stage at 1:00 a.m. and get a group photo.  Let us finally do it this year!!!  :2funny:  LOL!!  HC is in charge!!  :2funny:

We finally registered, so we are good to go.  This will be our first GW, and it is on our wedding anniversary.  Aren't we the romantic couple? :smitten: :smitten:

What are folks putting on their badges as far as any club affiliation?  I put Texas Geocaching as props to our new and improved TXGA.  O0

Jamestown is cool for the Chatauqua Institute, Bradford is close, home of the Zippo lighter, and Titusville is also close, famous for the discovery of oil by Col Drake in 1859. We used to have long golf weekends at Cross Creek Resort in Titusville.  Doesn't look like there are as many earthcaches in the area as I would have expected but I bet you'll find something to do!

And hear I thought HC discoverd it! ;D

What are folks putting on their badges as far as any club affiliation?  I put Texas Geocaching as props to our new and improved TXGA.  O0

I put Texas Geocaching Association as well.  Hey, when they are chasing us out of town with pitchforks and torches we will know we screwed up!!  :P

We are seriously considering making a road trip up there ourselves.  TFP hasn't been to one of these before, I can't stand missing them, and we'll be kid-free during that time.  Plus we can't wait to get back "on the road again" and go explore some more of America.  So if you still have dirt available, ZHR, we'd love to join you, if you don't mind the caching pups tagging along as well!