Team Four Paw

The obligatory Congratulations thread

343 posts in this topic

Yesterday was my NINTH caching anniversary and I still haven't hit 8000 finds.  I'm such a slacker...

1 person likes this

A BIG congratulations to TexasWriter for finding his 8000th cache last night! It was his personal goal to get to 8K before his second caching birthday (April 4th) and he did it with five weeks to spare! Great job!  :cheers:  O0

Way to go, TW!!!! You're like my geocache hero. :)

Yesterday was my NINTH caching anniversary and I still haven't hit 8000 finds. I'm such a slacker...

Accompany MD next week. Seems like l heard he was going to run the ET trail. :o

@ClanStan...I'm going to drive the et highway..I can run maybe 50 yards before I pass out :)

2 people like this

I'm going to drive up there and set up bleachers about 60 yards from the beginning. I could use a good laugh. I love watching people fall down.

2 people like this

Yesterday was my NINTH caching anniversary and I still haven't hit 8000 finds.  I'm such a slacker...

Not at all, Larry. You're doing it at a more normal pace. I just have no life outside of caching....or so someone told me several months ago. I dragged that person out to George Bush Park and left them for the hogs, coyotes, and snakes. I hate it when people tell me the truth.  :)

2 people like this

Seriously MD, the best of fortune on your Bataan death march.  :angel:

3 people like this

MD, we better not see you back here wtih anything less than 4,000 finds. No pressure or anything... >:D

2 people like this

MD, we better not see you back here wtih anything less than 4,000 finds. No pressure or anything... >:D

4 grand it will be! Btw....all logs on the et will be stamped....les miserables :)

1 person likes this

Yesterday was my NINTH caching anniversary and I still haven't hit 8000 finds. I'm such a slacker...

Accompany MD next week. Seems like l heard he was going to run the ET trail. :o

What's the ET trail? Do I wanna know?

Extra Terrestrial Highway Series in Nevada. approx 2000 cache power trail

1 person likes this

And  zoom in around 0372-ET and 0360-ET for some geoart.

1 person likes this

I laughed, I cried, I hurled.

2 people like this

And  zoom in around 0372-ET and 0360-ET for some geoart.

That is awesome. I now have a reason to visit Nevada.

Congratulations to Rich & Lola on finding #19,000!!!

5 people like this

OMG! Staggering. You've been busy!

Congrats to a really nice couple...Keep it fun :) 

Congrats to Rich & Lola. Fun couple and a monster milestone

Andrew (@dangerkitties) and I both reached our 1,000 milestone on this vacation to New York / Iceland.  

Andrew - New York City at the Intrepid Air and Space Museum.  He was so happy he got to see the space shuttle and take a picture with his space shuttle geocoin.  The cache wasn't all that exciting (it was a piece of paper stuffed under a rock, not even in a container), but seeing the shuttle made up for it I hope.

19e01cbd-c5ac-4100-99bd-272e693a17b6.jpg

My 1,000 was at a lighthouse on an "island" off of Reykjavik, Iceland (aka the northernmost capital in the world).  The island is only accessible for a few hours per day at low tide when a rock and kelp outcropping is passable.  Otherwise, you would have to swim.  We made it out there at 7:45 am before the sun rose and trudged through the snow to get this cache.  This is the place where people go to see the Northern Lights, but unfortunately, we didn't see them on this trip.  Oh well, we still had a lot of fun and got in a lot of caching! :)

4db813e4-ea5e-43fa-9094-06950d959c63.jpg

4 people like this

Andrew (@dangerkitties) and I both reached our 1,000 milestone on this vacation to New York / Iceland.  

Andrew - New York City at the Intrepid Air and Space Museum.  He was so happy he got to see the space shuttle and take a picture with his space shuttle geocoin.  The cache wasn't all that exciting (it was a piece of paper stuffed under a rock, not even in a container), but seeing the shuttle made up for it I hope.

19e01cbd-c5ac-4100-99bd-272e693a17b6.jpg

My 1,000 was at a lighthouse on an "island" off of Reykjavik, Iceland (aka the northernmost capital in the world).  The island is only accessible for a few hours per day at low tide when a rock and kelp outcropping is passable.  Otherwise, you would have to swim.  We made it out there at 7:45 am before the sun rose and trudged through the snow to get this cache.  This is the place where people go to see the Northern Lights, but unfortunately, we didn't see them on this trip.  Oh well, we still had a lot of fun and got in a lot of caching! :)

4db813e4-ea5e-43fa-9094-06950d959c63.jpg

I bet Iceland isn't a country that many American cachers have. I used to travel globally a lot, and I only ever got to fly over Iceland. Never landed there for anything. Is there a country souvenir for Iceland?