Sign in to follow this  
sugarlandians

Southwest side get togethers.

I sent the following last night to a few in my e-mail address book.

On the 3rd Tuesday of every month, we have been driving out to northwest Houston for a get together with geocachers at their monthly Park & Gab.  We have a wonderful time except for 1 thing....the drive.

We want to start having a similar event here in the southwest part of the area.  Have to think of a clever name, but the first meeting place is cast in stone...Spring Creek BBQ on Highway 6 in Sugar Land.

We believe that November and December are too busy times of the year  to try and start something like this, So we are looking at the 2nd Monday in January, the 10th.

I have sent this e-mail to the few people I have in my Sugarlandians account, but feel free to mention it and get feedback from any geocachers you might know in the area.

If feedback is positive, I will establish an event cache in early December where people can indicate their interest in attending.

Unquote

I have no intention of abandoning the northwest Park & Gab meetings...I just hate having to leave them early enough to get home before dawn.

We have a wonderful time except for 1 thing....the drive.

Exactly!

the first meeting place is cast in stone...Spring Creek BBQ on Highway 6 in Sugar Land.

O0 O0

I've wanted to get just one event down here and almost pulled it off for October 3rd... but life happened. 

I think a recurring event in the neighborhood would be great.  Mondays are bad for my clan, but do what works for you.

James and I would love it! Monday night is good for us, too. (We can't attend the other event long drive or not due to a Tuesday night commitment we have.)

--Q

Yeah, any night but Tuesday would be great!  We have a standing group dinner commitment on Tuesdays, yet that's when the Park & Gab and HGA events are.  Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, any night but Tuesday would be great!  We have a standing group dinner commitment on Tuesdays, yet that's when the Park & Gab and HGA events are.  Decisions, decisions...

No, that's when SOME host the  Park & Gabs....there isn't a set rule (just so you know....but really, it's a long drive from where you are so it's understandable why you wouldn't want to make the drive....  O0)

I've been meaning to host a SW event for nearly a year.

The Escalante's is too small in Sugar Land to handle an A.O'.M. event unless we do it in theire sidewalk area, but I have been planning one for Ben & Jerry's in Sugar Land Town Center for when the weather gets nicer.

I've been really busy just lately to do much planning.

How does wednesday work? 

Swyped on my DroidX sorry for any swyp-ohs

Wednesday is no good for churchy reasons.  Afraid if we host it will have to be Monday.  Every other day of the week is committed, unless yo i ant to spend your Friday or Saturday night with a bunch of geocachers.

I like Monday also.

Me too. I'll go to any SW Side event any day of the week. Host it and geocachers will come. See for yourself. O0

My Any 'Ol Monday events were designed to be frequently infrequent, so I couldn't get pigeonholed into doing the same old thang over and over. I won't ever hold one on a first Monday though. The one time broke with tradition to not compete with the Beaumont 1st Mondays events, I got totalled in my Xterra by an uninsured driver on the way to the event. :buck2:

The last A.'O.M. event was on the same night as a P&G or some such regular event and both had good turnouts with a few folks hitting both which proves that this city can handle 2 events on the same night 20+ miles apart.

Some day soon I'll have one in Sugar Land Town Center. I also have the Fudd's in Stafford in mind and have ever since I saw There Will Be Blood. The title will be "I Drink YOUR Milkshake!!!"

It has been over a year since I hosted an A.'O.M. event and I've never moved it from the Escalante's on 610 & Beechnut. That will be a first. O0

I like Monday also.

Me too. I'll go to any SW Side event any day of the week. Host it and geocachers will come. See for yourself. O0

My Any 'Ol Monday events were designed to be frequently infrequent, so I couldn't get pigeonholed into doing the same old thang over and over. I won't ever hold one on a first Monday though. The one time broke with tradition to not compete with the Beaumont 1st Mondays events, I got totalled in my Xterra by an uninsured driver on the way to the event. :buck2:

The last A.'O.M. event was on the same night as a P&G or some such regular event and both had good turnouts with a few folks hitting both which proves that this city can handle 2 events on the same night 20+ miles apart.

Some day soon I'll have one in Sugar Land Town Center. I also have the Fudd's in Stafford in mind and have ever since I saw There Will Be Blood. The title will be "I Drink YOUR Milkshake!!!"

It has been over a year since I hosted an A.'O.M. event and I've never moved it from the Escalante's on 610 & Beechnut. That will be a first. O0

+1 in favor of Sugar Land...(Mo. City Resident)