Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nov64

I so want a Droid now

16 posts in this topic

Scott's work phone is a Droid X.

After a week playing in the New England area, half of the time we used the c:geo to find caches.  Using the hot spot for the Internet in the hotel room (saved us a few Georges =) ) 

(got to go .... our a airplane has landed)

I'm getting an Android phone in December.  My work is finally offering them for us. 

Counting the days until my contract runs out......

We're still on the fence....on one hand we really like the Droids, particularly the EVO....on the other, though AT&T has its faults we really like All Things Apple and love our iPad...  we've been off of contract for over a year and just stayed with Sprint for now...they've really placed insane incentives on getting an EVO too...

Time is always on the side of the consumer, too, as newer things come out.....

While in GBP this weekend with Raven using his Droid 2 (or X?) it was really helpful....

No question about it.  Droid is much better than iPhone.  However, there are a few caveats:

1.  If you have AT&T and don't want to break the contract, get or stay with iPhone.

2.  well... that's pretty much it...

Droid has about 75% free apps on its marketplace.

iPhone has about 23% free apps on its marketplace.

Droid you can change your ringtones, iPhone you can't... INCONCEIVABLE!!

Verizon's network much more superior to AT&T's

Flash available for Droid without jailbreaking

...actually, you never need to jailbreak a DROID

TIME Magazine names DROID gadget of the year!

No "death grip" on droids

can replace the battery yourself...  easily

hardware keyboard available

.... just to name a few

Verizon should have the iPhone early next year.  They will have the iPad soon. 

Sent using Tapatalk

Let's bust that myth right there. Yes, you can. I've changed and added several on my iPhone.

You can add your own ringtones for free if you know how. A simple google search fixed me right up.

Cindy and I are lovin' our Samsung Fascinates.....a LOT!

O0

Let's bust that myth right there. Yes, you can. I've changed and added several on my iPhone.

You can add your own ringtones for free if you know how. A simple google search fixed me right up.

O0

O0

With out "jail breaking" it? Apple need to make that known. Lots of Iphone owners do not know that.

O0

With out "jail breaking" it? Apple need to make that known. Lots of Iphone owners do not know that.

I got the app "1001 Ringtones" and have added all kinds of ringtones to my iPhone.  Yeah, the app was 99 cents and you have to add them using itunes, but I now have loads of ringtones and use different ones for different callers.

Yep, without JBing it. But they could have closed up the loopholes since I did it.

It was a pretty simple procedure from what I remember. If anyone is interested, I'll figure it out again. Send me a PM, so that I can avoid thread jacking any longer.

Straightjackets vs. Utility belts

-I hear it's so much better when someone else adjusts all the straps for you.

I'm about a month away from being able to take advantage of an upgrade and I have a Verizon Blackberry.  I've wanted an iPhone but it sounds like a lot of problems with the new one and I like the concept of being able to do most of the things I  want to (like cache) just as effectively with a Droid as I could with an iPhone.  The only question I have is could somebody discuss the differences in battery life between the iPhone4 and the Droid?  I am pretty much sold on the Droid but am just wondering if anybody can tell me which battery lasts longer while caching.

Thanks,

marc