Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RV / Camper Sites at Hunstville State Park

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I always fly the Texas and USA flag at my campsite.  It's one of the first things I do, so look for it.  I sure hope there isn't a burn ban, but carrying firewood in my limited space is always a big problem for me, as is burnbans - see the videos:

Posted · Report post

Haha. Pink flamingos?

Are there fire pits at the sites in Prairie branch?

Posted · Report post

Seriouly, the SETX mascot is the pink flamingo -- that's how you find each other.

There is even a pathtag!

blueprint.jpg

Posted · Report post

Seriously?  Am I being played for a chump here, or do I need to go get one?  :angel:

Seriouly, the SETX mascot is the pink flamingo -- that's how you find each other.

There is even a pathtag!

blueprint.jpg

Posted · Report post

What really won it for us last year, was the hot pink scarfs that georeynozos "made" us wear.

5d0b5951-d3b6-48b2-90a2-16967b0b3c2c.jpg

Posted · Report post

What really won it for us last year, was the hot pink scarfs that georeynozos "made" us wear.

Wow.  Even my face was pink.  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

YUP, the Pink Flamingo has been the SETX Mascot for around 6 years now. Michelle ( smarter half of Cherokeecacher) and Francis(USMorrows) had the idea for the 3rd Texas Challenge as an easy way for SETX Teammates to find each other AND, for the first year, drive the other teams NUTS trying to figure out what they meant. IT WORKED ;D

Posted · Report post

I am trying to figure out who actually has room on their camp sight for another tent and would like to split the fees. I will be bring my son :)

Posted · Report post

I'll take you on mine.  I'm going to be camping Thursday-Sunday morning.  PRAIRIE BRANCH-ELECTRIC & WATER CAMPSITE  I'll be flying American, POW and Texas Flags.  I think we will have 4 tents and it will be about $15 each.  How's that sound?

Posted · Report post

We also have room on our site. There's only one tent so far, so we have dirt to spare. We are in the same area as BaytownBert.

Posted · Report post

My biggest concern, besides the event is burn bans in effect at the time we camp AND firewood.  If anyone has a small trailer and access to lots of cut hardwood, please bring it loaded.  It will get burned.  My KIA RIO 5 can hardly carry more than my camping stuff.  Wait till I buy that Jeep Unlimited Rubicon!  O0

Posted · Report post

Alright, I am jumping on the camping bandwagon now that I am confident I can. Can anyone spot me a place for 2 or 3 people, one tent? Naturally we'll chip in fees. I am sure we'll do Friday night and potentially Saturday night as well.

Posted · Report post

Alright, I am jumping on the camping bandwagon now that I am confident I can. Anyone want to spot me a place for 2 or 3 people, one tent? Naturally we'll chip in fees. I am sure we'll do Friday night and potentially Saturday night as well.

As of now, I have room. BB has had to cancel and I am offering some spots at my site. PM me.

Posted · Report post

I can't take the credit.  I called MTCachers to ask him his opinion of the *guys* wearing pink bandanas and he said *I will wear Pink* and then I asked him *How about hot pink* and he stated *sure*!!

So from there, a decision was made!!  :2funny:

Wow.  Even my face was pink.  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Haven't watch this site in a while, haven't really cached in a while either. :(

Does anyone have dirt available for the challenge? I have a friend in northern Conroe, but I'd rather stay at HSP if possible.

I have a small tent.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

So it would appear that most of SETX is at Prarie Creek Site. When we first registered, I got us a spot in Coloneh.  Is anyone else in the Coloneh camping area?

Mike

Posted · Report post

At the moment, I am in the Coloneh camping area from Thursday night thru Sunday night.  I am going to attempt to change that when I arrive Thursday morning.  My reason is that Prairie Branch is closer to the Raven Lodge and I will be spending enormous amounts of time there.

Either way Prairie Branch of Coloneh, I have extra "dirt" for tent campers.  Anyone who needs a place to stay, contact me at txdrmwvr@gmail.com

I will leave my campsite # at the front gate.

Posted · Report post

I have been off the trial, and this forum, for a little while do to increased activity in our family. Among other things we have a foreign student living with us for the semester.  As suspected earlier I will not be attending the Challenge again this year, which leaves my site unused. 

The reservation is for a water and electric site in the Prairie Branch loop starting Thurs Mar 10 for 3 nights.  If anyone needs a site let me know.  The reservation date can be changed to drop Thursday night if needed.  PM me if you want it or I'll release it Tuesday.