GC2FDX2 - Texas Challenge 2011

99 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks, HoustonControl! Can you post Catwoman10's too?? She was caching with me and thacatfish.

Posted · Report post

Lynne gave me our scorecards on Saturday evening since she knew that both Arlene and I were headed home Saturday night.  We passed out the scorecards to those that were in the park still and I texted our group that I had them and where I was.  I took the rest home with me to give out to anyone that wanted them.  I'd be glad to bring them to any of the events this month (Park & Gab, HGA, or the Sugarland event).  I'd love to get them out of my house.

Larry, we'd love to see the find distribution and whatever statistics you might be able to share with us. 

Posted · Report post

As far as I know, the highest I saw was 1070.

Three on the team got this score.  MTcachers, Manofsteel73, and SunnyandSticks.

Team high score?

Posted · Report post

You guys did a great job!!!

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

Posted · Report post

I was asked by Langly, the other Dallas guy that played, If I could find out what his score was.  I would appreciate it if you could let me or him know.

His score was 530.

Posted · Report post

Only 231 logged the event so far. Not sure we are gonna make mega at this rate.  :'(

I have contacted a few folks that didn't log as "attended" but instead with a note or will attend. Hopefully they will change their logs.

Posted · Report post

Only 231 logged the event so far. Not sure we are gonna make mega at this rate.  :'(

I have contacted a few folks that didn't log as "attended" but instead with a note or will attend. Hopefully they will change their logs.

no way thats right there was way more people than that there we need to get people on the logging

Posted · Report post

no way thats right there was way more people than that there we need to get people on the logging

Yes, there were more people than that, but many of them are logged as a team (ie. 4 people or more people could be logged as one).

Posted · Report post

Yes, there were more people than that, but many of them are logged as a team (ie. 4 people or more people could be logged as one).

guess we need to get some of those people to make their own profile and log it as their first find then so we can get our numbers up huh? i guess thats the only way that it can be done or is there another way?

Posted · Report post

I have heard two things:  1) Mega will be determined by the number of logs on GC.com, and 2) Mega is deteermined by sending in our log book.  I have no idea what the answer is, but if it's the latter, I don't think there is a chance. 

While individuals could be split out on the gc.com, few even indicated the number in their group/team on the logbook, and a ton of people never signed.

Anyone really know what it takes?

Posted · Report post

i was wondering the same thing i never saw a log book while i was there and definetly didnt sign one

Posted · Report post

I went around during the event telling teams and those with kids to create accounts and log the event to get the numbers. Not sure if people are doing that though.

I did see and sign the log book!!

Posted · Report post

Would indicating "attended" on the event at geocaching.com do the same thing?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I never saw a log book either. But then again, we were all a little preoccupied with getting everything and everyone ready for the hunt.  ;D

Posted · Report post

Thanks, HoustonControl! Can you post Catwoman10's too?? She was caching with me and thacatfish.

I never saw the logbook either, but I heard there was one.  I was kinda busy with other stuff...

Catwoman10:

post-28-131759833689_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Thanks to everyone that helped put on the event!  Lynn and I both had tons of fun, and want to do more.  We met so many wonderful people.  Our team was complete class all the way. 

Stan, YES, I would like to have my score card back and will try to make other events this month to catch up to it.

Again, THANKS everyone.  GREAT JOB!!!  GO SETX.

Posted · Report post

I went back and looked at the number of "Attended" logs online for the previous Texas Challenges and they are as follows:

2003: 42

2004: 101

2005: 137

2006: 165

2007: 161

2008: 154

2009: 201

2010: 176

We're at 243 and counting for 2011 which makes it the most-attended Texas Challenge ever.  But if the attended logs are the criteria for Mega status, we probably have a few years to go yet.  :-\

Posted · Report post

I added a Mr Muddy Buddy account and logged the Friday and Saturday events.

Posted · Report post

We cache as a team.  Should we each log it individually?  I know at leastKF5IEW does that also.  That puts it at 251.  Still quite a ways to go.

Posted · Report post

His score was 530.

Langly is a hardcore cacher and was wondering since he found 20 including the 5/5 water one (which he swam to...hummmm)...that perhaps since his score cards were wet and separated and he had a very hard time punching with them wet, if most of his finds were disregarded???  That would make his average a little less than 1/2...very disappointing to him

He also found one cache without a punch, one with only 1/2 of the punch and one that was so plugged up that he could not punch.

Posted · Report post

But if the attended logs are the criteria for Mega status, we probably have a few years to go yet.  :-\

Interesting.  Attended logs don't represent a true number of people that attend so if you need 500 attended logs, then MEGA events have well over 500 participants.