Sign in to follow this  
UsMorrows

GRILLIN AND CHILLIN SETX STYLE

We know that “The Dog Days of Summer” are still here but we thought everyone might enjoy just “chillin out” while doing just a little bit of grillin.

Join us as we do a bit of each on Saturday, August 27th. We will start the Grillin on Friday night and be ready to Chill the following day. Those of you who have been here before know that we start early and end up early. The food will be ready around 2:00pm on Saturday (hey…Sam can’t drink those adult beverages it takes to grill any faster). He ain’t as good as he once was.

In addition to the normal barbeque and trimmings, we are planning to make use of the neighborhood pool to help us out on the Chillin part so bring your swim suits and towels (No Snoogans….this isn’t going to be your “nude cache”). I say planning because I have been unable to get in touch with the association pool person. This pool is hardly ever used so I don’t see a problem. Besides…you are our guests. RIGHT?

PLEASE post a note if you will attend and how many so we can plan the barbeque according to how many are coming. Lawn chairs and your choice of beverage would be appreciated. I will see if CherokeeCacher will loan us their margarita machine.

We can’t wait to see all of the familiar faces and look forward to meeting the new ones we have yet to meet. Let’s Grill and Chill SETX!

Cool, another summer event ... We are going to try to make it. We will know in about a week or so for sure if we can come or have to be at A&M (moving daughter) that weekend.

TTF

I hope to make it there, but I may be a little groggy having being up all night watching a RRX engine being moved to the downtown area.  I wonder how can I put a micro on the engine.  Magnetic I guess.  Hope they don't put a fence around it.

I wonder how can I put a micro on the engine.  Magnetic I guess.  Hope they don't put a fence around it.

So would that qualify as a moving cache? :D

I hope to make it there, but I may be a little groggy having being up all night watching a RRX engine being moved to the downtown area.  I wonder how can I put a micro on the engine.  Magnetic I guess.  Hope they don't put a fence around it.

Are they moving the rain from Herman Park to Downtown?

The following is from a church member friend of mine and PLUSONE. The location is on the way to the event this weekend. Any help would be appreciated

"Hello friends,

Do you have a dirty car? Do you have a sweet tooth? I know how I can help you take care of both and you can help us!!! We are having a car wash and bake sale this Saturday, August 27th starting at 10:00 in the Gerland's parking lot at the corner of Spencer Hwy and Underwood (in LaPorte). All proceeds go to the Jana Lovercheck fund. If that name sounds familiar, there's a reason...It's my mother-in-law. Jana is currently battling Lymphoma. We are raising money to help her with her medical expenses. If you live close by, please come on by and see us. We'll have sweet treats and lemonade for sale and of course you can get your car washed! We will also have raffle tickets for $5.00 at the car wash. The drawing will be held October 23rd and participants are not required to be in attendance to win. The prizes are really great!

1st prize is a trip for two to Cancun including round trip air fare and hotel stay for 3 nights (*Does not include mexican departure taxes - and the trip must be taken by

August 2006)

2nd prize - designer fragrance basket valued at $300.

3rd prize - 14k white gold diamond bracelet.

We hope you can come by Saturday, and if you can't, you can still do two things for me...

1. Continue to pray for Jana and the family.

2. Pass this on to your friends.

Thanks for your love and support,

Brandee Lovercheck"

Thanks Jason,  Sam and Fran for allowing me to use your sites. 

At least you can get a clean car out of it

Cool, another summer event ... We are going to try to make it. We will know in about a week or so for sure if we can come or have to be at A&M (moving daughter) that weekend.

TTF

hey we are going to make it for a bit ... see ya'll there

We are planning to bring a newbie that we'll be introducing to geocaching in the morning.  We'll convert all those muggles one by one. 

I have a request.  Does anyone have a couple of dozen film canisters that they can spare?  It's not for geocaching, but it is for a worthwhile project.  If so, can you bring them to the event?  It would be much appreciated. 

We are planning to bring a newbie that we'll be introducing to geocaching in the morning.  We'll convert all those muggles one by one. 

I have a request.  Does anyone have a couple of dozen film canisters that they can spare?  It's not for geocaching, but it is for a worthwhile project.  If so, can you bring them to the event?  It would be much appreciated. 

IU have been told that Sam's or Costco have thosnads of these.

Team Tulip will be there...just two of us, we will leave our 'caching canines at home.

We will also bring our "washer boards" so we can pitch washers!

See you there!!! 

Thanks for the invite.

Team Tulip