Isn't there a Minimum Requirement?

195 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You can just see where they are (or should be) on GoogleEarth.  No more going out and getting all hot and worrying about chiggers or poison ivy.  Come on folks, think outside of the box!  O0

Why go to GoogleEarth when you can just look at the maps on GC?

Posted · Report post

You guys are funny  :D I'm starting to feel a little vain and thinking this thread might have turned about something I said.

If so, let me clarify.

I don't care how people play the game as long as it's played reasonably within the guidelines.

I'll cherish the honest ones and won't lose any sleep over the others. It's just a game. Why so serious?

:)

Posted · Report post

It's just a game. Why so serious?

Like football, baseball, socker, chess and the Olympics yet somehow people still get worked up about 'um. :angel:

Posted · Report post

You guys are funny  :D I'm starting to feel a little vain and thinking this thread might have turned about something I said.

If so, let me clarify.

I don't care how people play the game as long as it's played reasonably within the guidelines.

I'll cherish the honest ones and won't lose any sleep over the others. It's just a game. Why so serious?

You better check your vanity bro. I am so the person that turned this thread around. I think.

Posted · Report post

If so, let me clarify.

You better check your vanity bro. I am so the person that turned this thread around. I think.

Sorry, I rarely read your posts... since you've changed your avatar... I've been a fan since that one episode of Firefly and can't help myself.

Posted · Report post

It's Christina Hendricks. I make no excuses and have no shame.  ;D

Posted · Report post

Unless the cache is special due to it's creative container then I'm fine with cachers at the very least provide proof they were there and saw or laid hands on the container.

If you had a terrain 4.5 cache thirty feet up in a tree, would it be alright with you for a person to log it by saying they saw it from the ground?

edited to fix the quote problem

Yes, that would be fine because I'm a nice guy and realize that not everyone can climb trees. :)

Well hell, now I gotta go and find all the caches that were in trees that Donna climbed to get for me.  Four maybe....  :D:2funny:

Posted · Report post

How I play the game: I look for the cache, make the find, sign my name, read the history marker, enjoy a work of art in some neighborhood, while the neighbors are glaring at me, go into the woods to find an ammo can and finish that up with grocery shopping with pine needles on my shirt and hair wondering why the check out girl is giggling until I get home and realize *oh, that is what she was giggling at* and start pulling out the pine needles that make me look like Pocahantas.

Oh and it is very therapuetic for me and I really enjoy rolling up nano cache logs, unlike TFP.  I enjoy cussing while I am rolling up the nano logs, releives alot of stress and angst!!  O0

Posted · Report post

Oh and it is very therapuetic for me and I really enjoy rolling up nano cache logs, unlike TFP.  I enjoy cussing while I am rolling up the nano logs, releives alot of stress and angst!!  O0

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Posted · Report post

You can just see where they are (or should be) on GoogleEarth.  No more going out and getting all hot and worrying about chiggers or poison ivy.  Come on folks, think outside of the box!  O0

Why go to GoogleEarth when you can just look at the maps on GC?

I just logged finds for all your caches that I had not found.  That bumped up may numbers a bit.  Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Unless the cache is special due to it's creative container then I'm fine with cachers at the very least provide proof they were there and saw or laid hands on the container.

If you had a terrain 4.5 cache thirty feet up in a tree, would it be alright with you for a person to log it by saying they saw it from the ground?

Yes, that would be fine because I'm a nice guy and realize that not everyone can climb trees. :)

Well hell, now I gotta go and find all the caches that were in trees that Donna climbed to get for me.  Four maybe....  :D:2funny:

Only FOUR??? It sure seems like a lot more...  :2funny: :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Only FOUR??? It sure seems like a lot more...  :2funny: :2funny:

OK, 5, but it gets really blurry after that!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Posted · Report post

What?  Donna climbs trees?  How come when I'm out caching with her, I'm the one climbing the trees?

I gotta start taking better notes....  :D

Posted · Report post

What?  Donna climbs trees?  How come when I'm out caching with her, I'm the one climbing the trees?

Posted · Report post

I thought Fendmar climbed them for the group.  Take "Mikey" caching, he'll climb anything.  :D

Posted · Report post

I thought Fendmar climbed them for the group.  Take "Mikey" caching, he'll climb anything.  :D

I only climb them when no one else will. Stan and Mike are always eager to climb trees so I don't want to ruin it for them.  :D :D :D

Posted · Report post

Maybe we should run an experiment where we hide a cache inside a PVC pipe with a logbook with end caps that are glued shut.  Then we can see who logs the cache. :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Maybe we should run an experiment where we hide a cache inside a PVC pipe with a logbook with end caps that are glued shut.  Then we can see who logs the cache. :2funny:

How about signing the container with a Sharpie? 

Posted · Report post

How about signing the container with a Sharpie?

I seem to remember signing a piece of cement.  (it was he actual cache)

I've done this on 2 mtp caches.

Posted · Report post

Well, you can drive right to it... Done in 3.5hrs... well I don't know.

Posted · Report post

I wondered too when I saw that log. ???  Doesn't it take at least half that 3.5 hrs to get back through security??? :D :D

Posted · Report post

The person is very much a newbie, so maybe he thought you just had to solve the puzzle cache to claim it and not really go there. 

Posted · Report post

The person is very much a newbie, so maybe he thought you just had to solve the puzzle cache to claim it and not really go there.

He has only 1 find of a mystery cache - this one !!