georeyna

Texas Challenge 2011 Coin, Pathtag / T-Shirt Design

Gary aka TDW has volunteered to design the coin, pathtag and t-shirt.  Any ideas, please post here, but I want to give Gary a big thanks for his help!!  THANK YOU GARY!!

My latest memory of HSP is the alligator. I we should include one in the design, they are everywhere up there.

Maybe should include that in the registration too.  ;D

I also agree with the idea of a gator. That is the first thing that I think of when I think of HSP. We might also consider a raven since that's what Sam Houston's Indian name and its the name of the lake at HSP. 

There are two things I think of when I hear the name Huntsville.  1. The Sam Houston Statue (HC's relative) and the Huntville Prison and old smokie.  I guess the prison would be non-PC.  The Gator was already done for Brazos Bend.  I do like the Raven idea.

Perhaps a geocacher hunting in Huntsville amongst the Talll Pines Trees would be a possibility.

There are two things I think of when I hear the name Huntsville.  1. The Sam Houston Statue (HC's relative) and the Huntville Prison and old smokie.  I guess the prison would be non-PC.  The Gator was already done for Brazos Bend.  I do like the Raven idea.

Perhaps a geocacher hunting in Huntsville amongst the Talll Pines Trees would be a possibility.

I like the idea of having Sam Houston on the shirt with all the different region mascotts standing in front, like a photo opp.  Sam Houston's statue with Flaming, Pirate, Armadillo and other's, arm in arm, like they are posing for a pic.  what do y'all think?

I like the idea of having Sam Houston on the shirt with all the different region mascotts standing in front, like a photo opp.  Sam Houston's statue with Flaming, Pirate, Armadillo and other's, arm in arm, like they are posing for a pic.  what do y'all think?

They all need to be under a disco ball

They all need to be under a disco ball

Sam could be holding the disco ball

Just make sure you use spell-check.  I'd hate to see another "Texas Challange" like in 2005!

Yes,  I'm too embarrassed to wear that one. 

Saw a nice example of a typo this weekend. They printed out 1000 t-shirts for the Clear Lake football team with a slogan on the front and the 2010 schedule on the back. I was sitting behind someone wearing the nice new shirt and noticed that all the

game dates were 2009??? They noticed the typo about 1000 shirts too late to make the change.

The team motto this year is "Find a Way to Win!", and the team may be as desperate as that motto sounds.

Go Falcons!

Thanks everyone.  I will do my best.  Keep those ideas coming! So far I have:

A flamgator in a convicts uniform disco dancing with a pirtoadillo (pirate/hornytoad/armadillo)... while an albino giant looks down on them and holds a disco ball.  Any suggestions on where we should put the beer and donuts?

Any suggestions on where we should put the beer and donuts?

Shouldn't Sam be holding the beer under the other arm?

This is a 'family forum' so I won't give any suggestions.

Any suggestions on where we should put the beer and donuts?

Shouldn't Sam be holding the beer under the other arm?

Yes, we will make Sam look like one of us eventually.  How about a statue of HC, holding the disco ball and the rest of the varmints dancing under the disco ball.  We can always put a *giant ice chest* by the statue and put the donuts in HC's earlobes.  LOL!!

I agree the gator was already used.  Has anyone considered the type of shirt?  My suggestion would be a moisture wicking (performace) type.

South Texas will have a mascot on Nov 6th.  If the shirt design is going to include the region mascots, can it wait until that is decided?  It would make the South Texas region cachers a little less left out.  :knuppel2: