Sign in to follow this  
OneStepCloser

Any iPhone 4 Users care to weigh in?

Any new iPhone 4 Users out there?

How's it going with the new phone?  Please share your Good/Bad/Interesting/whatever...

AT&T just upped their discount for us (through Mr. OSC's work) so it just became a pretty even deal between Sprint (25%) and AT&T (22% - though why they can't make that next 3%...)

We're still interested in the iPhone 4 and EVO from HTC and haven't made a decision yet.... (mainly due to the battery life on the EVO plus it's a little bit too large of a form factor for the better half of the team, and we like to get the same phones ((for many reasons)))

A co-worker has the iP4 and really likes it and says the antenna issue isn't that big of a deal as long as you're aware of where you place your hand (no wisecracks please)....

I love it.  I've had every version iPhone and this one is by far the biggest upgrade apple has made.

I haven't had any signal issues that have been reported.

Battery is significantly better than the 3GS .... I can get through a whole day of use (and I'm a data hog) and still have 40% left vs. being dead like the 3GS was every night without a recharge.

The GPS is more accurate... 3GS got me within 33ft.... the 4 gets me to within 16 feet.  The new update to the geocaching app works great on iOS4 as well.

Let me first preface my post by saying that I pre-ordered my phone on the 15th, the first day, and waited in line starting at 3:30 AM the day it came out. I was the second person in Sugar Land to walk out the door with my iPhone 4.

That all being said. I have had the phone for 3 weeks now and have had maybe 2-3 total drop calls and that includes traveling to North Carolina and being in the mountains where there is little to no service. The fabled iPhone 4 flaw with the antenna around edges has not been an issue for me. I purchased a bumper to put around it and have not seen my bars decrease even when I hold the phone in my hand.

The phone is fast, I mean really fast. The clarity of the whole machine is phenomenal. I played with a friends iPhone 3G this weekend (8GB) and it felt ancient compared to my iPhone 4.

No with regards to geocaching and the iPhone 4, I downloaded the update of the version 4.0 and they are very impressive together. While it's probably more of the application than the hardware, the combination of the two seriously makes me happy that I have a confident back up to my main GPS.

Let me first preface my post by saying that I pre-ordered my phone on the 15th, the first day, and waited in line starting at 3:30 AM the day it came out. I was the second person in Sugar Land to walk out the door with my iPhone 4.

That all being said. I have had the phone for 3 weeks now and have had maybe 2-3 total drop calls and that includes traveling to North Carolina and being in the mountains where there is little to no service. The fabled iPhone 4 flaw with the antenna around edges has not been an issue for me. I purchased a bumper to put around it and have not seen my bars decrease even when I hold the phone in my hand.

The phone is fast, I mean really fast. The clarity of the whole machine is phenomenal. I played with a friends iPhone 3G this weekend (8GB) and it felt ancient compared to my iPhone 4.

No with regards to geocaching and the iPhone 4, I downloaded the update of the version 4.0 and they are very impressive together. While it's probably more of the application than the hardware, the combination of the two seriously makes me happy that I have a confident back up to my main GPS.

Great feedback, thanks!  O0

Great feedback.  My current contract is up the end of next month and I am leaning hard toward getting an iPhone 4

Gizmodo is speculating that Apple is conduction a silent recall on the iPhone 4 to correct the death grip problem for those that complain about slow data speeds.

Gismodo also report that Apple is holding a press conference tomorrow concerning the iPhone 4.  As the conference is on a Friday, the thinking is that the news will be bad but let's hope they hold it correctly. :knuppel2:

Gizmodo is the web site that got a hold of a pre-release iPhone lost by an Apple employee and scooped the press coverage. 

I saw on HLN that there is to be a news conference tomorrow.  Should be interesting.  For all the press about the antenna issue, there are also a lot of people saying that they aren't having any problems.  I've still got several weeks to "watch" and see what develops with all this.

I've got a crackberry and no matter what geocaching app I use none seem to be very good.  I'm thinking of paying the $$$ to drop my contract and picking up an iPhone4 so this thread is very good info for me.  Thanks for the feedback.

I am like FlyingSig, in that I have had every version of the iPhone...I too really like it alot.  Good choice OSC!!  O0 O0

I love it.  I've had every version iPhone and this one is by far the biggest upgrade apple has made.

I haven't had any signal issues that have been reported.

Battery is significantly better than the 3GS .... I can get through a whole day of use (and I'm a data hog) and still have 40% left vs. being dead like the 3GS was every night without a recharge.

The GPS is more accurate... 3GS got me within 33ft.... the 4 gets me to within 16 feet.  The new update to the geocaching app works great on iOS4 as well.

I think Android is superior to iPhone, but that's my $.02

How is that new case btw?

Hey T4P,

I just noticed I missed your question after GeoReynozos replied and bumped the thread.

Yes, I got my otter box and it's pretty nice!  It's helped my Android tremendously.

I've been so neglectful on my Droid that I actually BROKE the otter box!  Well, actually the thin wrap-around for the screen.  The base with the waterproofing is still good to go.

My next phone will not have a keyboard on it.  I never use it and it will just let water in if it takes a drink.

Thanks for asking T4P!

Hey T4P,

I just noticed I missed your question after GeoReynozos replied and bumped the thread.

Yes, I got my otter box and it's pretty nice!  It's helped my Android tremendously.

I've been so neglectful on my Droid that I actually BROKE the otter box!  Well, actually the thin wrap-around for the screen.  The base with the waterproofing is still good to go.

My next phone will not have a keyboard on it.  I never use it and it will just let water in if it takes a drink.

Thanks for asking T4P!

I did the same thing on my otter box too. It is now absent the thin wrap around. It took dropping it twice in a row to break it though!  ;D  I agree about the keyboard - I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Now it just annoys me.  :-\  I still think Droid is better.  :D>:D

Hey T4P,

Thanks for asking T4P!

I did the same thing on my otter box too. It is now absent the thin wrap around. It took dropping it twice in a row to break it though!  ;D  I agree about the keyboard - I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Now it just annoys me.  :-\  I still think Droid is better.  :D>:D

{Gauntlet thrown}

Why do you think it's better?  Is it more stable?

{/Gauntlet}

I can't really say which is better, since I only have experience with the iPhone (which I'm happy with).  Funny how some folks go out a buy a Droid, then immediately declare that it is better than the iPhone, though they have never owned an iPhone...  ::)  :stirpot:

I can't really say which is better, since I only have experience with the iPhone (which I'm happy with).  Funny how some folks go out a by a Droid, then immediately declare that it is better than the iPhone, though they have never owned an iPhone...  ::)  :stirpot:

Don't have to own an iPhone to have used one. And yes I have used one. I still prefer the Droid. It's a personal preference, that's all.

I can't really say which is better, since I only have experience with the iPhone (which I'm happy with).  Funny how some folks go out a by a Droid, then immediately declare that it is better than the iPhone, though they have never owned an iPhone...  ::)  :stirpot:

Having never owned or used either phone, I can speak with complete impartiality.  The Android will take over your life then cause your carriers network to crash.  But it's worth it.  :knuppel2:

In my professional one-sided opinion.. the Android is far superior to any other device that has been created or will have been created.

In my professional one-sided opinion.. the Android is far superior to any other device that has been created or will have been created.

And they have cool commercials!  ;D

:2funny: :2funny:

Yeah!!

AND... they have a cool notification sound:  ...DROID...