Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cemetary caches

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My kids want to make a run to as many cemetary caches as they can . Can you all recommend any  inparticular that stand out?

They love the history of them

Posted · Report post

Do you have a specific area you are looking at, such as NASA/Clear Lake, or North side, or something like that?

Posted · Report post

We are open to drive anywhere withen 25 miles of sugerland area

Posted · Report post

My Emma Edmonds Seelye cache in Washington Cemtery (just west of downtown) and the Who's There virtual cache in the adjoining Glenwood Cemetery are both dripping with history.  There's a road that connects the two cemeteries.  As a matter of fact, the last few times I've been over there, the entrance to the Washington Cemetery off of Washinton Ave. was closed and you had to go in through the Glenwood Cemetery.

Posted · Report post

My Emma Edmonds Seelye cache in Washington Cemtery (just west of downtown) and the Who's There virtual cache in the adjoining Glenwood Cemetery are both dripping with history.  There's a road that connects the two cemeteries.  As a matter of fact, the last few times I've been over there, the entrance to the Washington Cemetery off of Washinton Ave. was closed and you had to go in through the Glenwood Cemetery.

Ditto on what HC said...simply the best cemetary I've been to period.

Posted · Report post

Although not a cemetary cache, P+'s FIRST INTO THE FIRE is a tribute to fallen heroes and Well Worth the time to go see:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=44e8e128-0e9e-451d-a7c6-a83a926a2dc2

We highly recommend making the trip out to Brenham if you want to see cool cemetaries...our favorite (Old Masonic)has a unique tombstone from a Hero of the Battle of New Orleans:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e31b506d-f3e1-4226-87f2-64cbc4fa1d61&log=y&decrypt=

245f8ff0-4142-47e1-af9d-281c2e891d7d.jpg

A GREAT tribute is in College Station to 9/11 and to Medal of Honor Heroes, too..

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cb7ea6bc-7452-4681-a9f8-21f607a3d6fe

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=99a3fe14-d92d-4424-b5bd-ac52cf4bc4c7

Posted · Report post

Thanks everybody my kids are having a hard time deciding which one to do first

Posted · Report post

If anyone suggests doing a night cache in a cemetery in Old River.... DON"T DO IT!!! :D

I think it's an excellent location for a Soda Tube Trial cache.  ;)

Posted · Report post

If anyone suggests doing a night cache in a cemetery in Old River.... DON"T DO IT!!! :D

Did she just go there?  :D  Yep.  She went there.  :2funny:    ;D

Posted · Report post

That's just downright evil!    :2funny:

Did she just go there?  :D  Yep.  She went there.  :2funny:    ;D

Posted · Report post

I was going to suggest that for a BONUS Soda Tube Trials cache, but I didn't want to tarnish my spotless reputation.  ;)

That's ok though, having one at the local police station is still on the table.

Posted · Report post

It seems like the Culls are always milling around cemeteries.  I think several of the Pepper cemetery caches still are active.  They are down near Alvin.  O0  If you are going up to east Texas, Pearle has over one hundred in his PCS series.  This is near Jacksonville, TX mainly in Cherokee County.  This is just southeast of Tyler. They would make a great day (or night) trip. :D

But of course, I have two cemetery caches in the area:  The Heebie Jeebies and Whispers From The Dead.  The latter has had a few reports of unusual happenings by cachers.  :shocking:

Good luck and happy haunting... errrr, happy hunting.  :tinfoil:

Posted · Report post

That's ok though, having one at the local police station is still on the table.

You MIGHT want to get permission for that one first.  Oh, and I live across the street from the Chief of Police, so I'll know if you got it or not.  :police:

Posted · Report post

I firmly believe in begging for forgiveness rather than asking permission.  ;)

And yes, I am fully aware of your status with the chief of police.  I plan on using that information if I get caught placing my cache there.

Posted · Report post

I firmly believe in begging for forgiveness rather than asking permission.  ;)

I'm sure the judge will take that into consideration...  ::)

Posted · Report post

my bluelight cache is an old cemetary in the bear creek area

GC24AZD

also, since there is one from wealder above - if you make it out that way, between Flatonia and La Grange off hwy609 there are three really cool cemetary caches. 

GC1EDTC GC1FK1J  GC1KF59

Posted · Report post

There are several series caches in east Texas and some near Waco.

The east Texas ones are tagged by GBNF

The Waco area series are tagged Ashes to Ashes

Posted · Report post

There are several series caches in east Texas and some near Waco.

The east Texas ones are tagged by GBNF

The Waco area series are tagged Ashes to Ashes

I don't normally like cemetery caches, but some of significant beauty, historical, and especially really old ones I actually enjoy.  If you ever go out to Waco, many of the Ashes to Ashes series are nice, as Mr. MB pointed out. 

I went to do the OOPS series, and this one is right before you get to #1.  "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"  Such a pleasant surprise – it was absolutely beautiful at sunrise.  Really cool spot, and neat, very old tombstones and monuments.  GCN0G0.  http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=23905034-301c-4abd-bf28-b32f32c36550&log=y&decrypt=.  There is also a letterbox there you will find if you look in the logical spot and don’t pay any attention to what your GPSr is saying.  :crazy2:  It’s mentioned in the logs quite a bit.

Posted · Report post

The Ashes to Ashes caches are not just Waco as they are all through the countryside stretching to the Fort Worth area.