HoustonControl

10 Years! Baytown, TX

Please, I'm begging you, no PINK speedos or borats at the event.

We are a pretty dignified group, after all.

Please, I'm begging you, no PINK speedos or borats at the event.

We are a pretty dignified group, after all.

And they said to keep it family friendly

I count 9 cache types..... looks like I'll have a pick up a virtual on the way to the event. I don't see one that is near by that I haven't already found. I'll have to take a bit of detour to make this an even 10 cache types. Anyone making a huge detour to grab the web cam cache down on the island? If anyone is up for a small road trip to attempt the webcam caches Sunday morning please let me know. I'm willing to start my day there and drive back up to the event.

Oh and are we forming a group to move all at once? Where are we starting?

No plans for that... Gotta help Sydney and my wife get the 6 types so they can get the special cache. I figure event, CITO, and the 10 year Icon are easy. Then a traditional, multi, and letterbox. That will solve it for them.

you should move the posted coordinates to your puzzle cache a little bit away..right now it's covering the pretty 10 Years icon!

does anyone know what time the park opens?  I'm gonna get there early to start knocking out some caches.

does anyone know what time the park opens?  I'm gonna get there early to start knocking out some caches.

Hours of Operation

The Baytown Nature Center is open daily all year round, except during extreme inclement weather. Gates open 30 minutes before sunrise and close 30 minutes after sunset.

Admission Fee

There is an entrance fee of $3 per person for adults. Children age 12 and under are free. Annual passes may be purchased for $25 per person or $50 per family. Annual passes may be purchased at the Visitors Center at the entrance to the nature center

I UNDERSTAND THE FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH IS FREE ENTRANCE FEES

Yep, hours are essentially daylight to dark... or when the attendant decides to open the gate.  Tomorrow is FREE DAY.  Unfortunately, this might mean we will be sharing the park with more people than ususal.  Parking may get to be a bit problematic -- or at least CLOSE parking wil be.

Wow, 50 "Will Attend" logs so far!  Usmorrows have indicated they will come too!

By the way, Cindy and I will bring peanut butter cup brownies or something similar.

NO, "something similar" does NOT mean those kind of brownies! 

Sheesh!

:crazy2:

I'll be collecting the tent in the morning and should be at the BNC about 11-ish.  If someone gets there early and isn't caching, if they could kind of "claim" the area of Tracey's Theater for the event, that would be great.  It's not exactly a pavilion and it can't be rented or reserved (though I did get a verbal OK from the park manager to use it), so I'd hate to show up and find a family had decided to have a birthday party there or something.

Cool event and only had one snake encounter which was in the porta potty.  Glad I had already gone or might have wet my pants!  You can see my log for the event. :o

HC, I've been trolling the other event pages.. I haven't seen a cooler event photo yet...  O0

I have to agree. It looks far better from that angle than it did standing on the ground. :)  Very good idea.  :cheers:

A fantastic idea and camera angle. I agree with Jason that this one is the best yet.

Larry great event, I was really impressed with the turn out!

I want to thank you for all your caches in the BNC, very nice hides.

I made 11 cache types for the day... not sure I could ever beat that! Larry it was a excellent setup for this feat.

1. GC1ZP65 - Scary Bamboo Forest in Ghost Park - Traditional

2. GC620D - Surf Cam Cache - Webcam

3. GCB0ED - Fish in the Sea. - Virtual Cache

4. GC25J83 - Baytown Meet and Greet - Event (Regular)

5. GC27G6E - Jurassic BNC - Letterbox Hybrid

6. GC25FVH - 10 Years! Baytown, TX - Lost and Found Event Cache (10 years event)

7. GC25J4R - Baytown Nature Center CITO - Cache In Trash Out Event

9. GC1HX4D - BNC - &#$!@ Puzzle! - Unknown Cache

10. GC1D7X1 - BNC - Critter-Aid - Wherigo Cache

11. GC1ACZQ - Submarine Acres - Earthcache

Thanks to those that put on the events and hid the extra caches nearby to help us finally get the Pick 6 Challenge.  We actually were able to get 8 today.  I know it's not as many as some were able to get today, but it was enough for us.  The picture turned out great.  I'm sure glad I didn't go to the porta potty that Ellisbe went to.  That's scary. 

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad everyone had fun.  Thot sent me pictures I took with his camera, including a couple that had been edited to look a little nicer than mine.  Here's one.

3378f0a6-e4d9-483e-b459-6d49e6a7d66f.jpg

I was definitely there today, talked to Ribbitz for a few minutes. I got there about 3:30 when Larry was giving out instructions for the picture and I was able to pose for the picture, then made it up to the stage to sign the logbook.

I know that the event wasn't supposed to be a flash mob, but I certainly did! I wanted to stay longer but I wasn't even supposed to be there.

This was so much fun and the pic looks great. Thanks to all who helped. Larry, you rock!

HC, I've been trolling the other event pages.. I haven't seen a cooler event photo yet...  O0

Me neither. It's front page GC.com material. O0 O0 O0

Me neither. It's front page GC.com material. O0 O0 O0

Yeah, that pic is outstanding!  O0