Sign in to follow this  
Glimmermore

Need for Volunteers

Glimmermore    1

To All Scouters,

I am in need of about 6 volunteers for April 17th for the North Star District Camporee.  I am looking for the volunteers assist in the following manner: 

Assist in general teaching of Geocaching and the use of the GPS system.  I already have an outline put together that I can send to be reviewed.  Assist as a guide for a team of scouts to find their first geocache. 

We are expect to  have 2 sessions on Saturday.  Each session is to have 6 teams with up to seven boys each.  Each team will have at least 1 GPS unit.  The group will first be taught and then will have the opportunity to find a cache.  In the cache will be a ticket that each boy on the team will take and bring back to redeem for a prize. 

That's it in a nutshell.  If you can assist, that would be great.  We are looking at April 17th at Baumgartner Ranch, 2523 Bar Road, Rosenburg, TX  77471.  If you can help, please let me know.  Thanks,  - Glimmermore

Glimmermore    1

It is going to be fun.  We have set six caches for the boys and a multi-stage cache for the adults.  We are planning to run 4 classes, one hour each, six teams with seven boys.  Each team will be given coordinates to the cache.  Upon finding the cache, each boy will grab a ticket that is in the cache and come back to redeem it for a prize.  We are expecting to run over 160 boys through the program tomorrow.  Talk about a challenge!