Texas Dreamweaver

fivesecrethunters (1964 - 2009)

sigh....

I'm just now posting because I've been away from the forums for a few days....trying to get our new house in order, etc.

I can't believe the whole chain of events with this.  I feel so sad for his family and for you, Gary, as I know yall were good friends.

I'm glad I had a chance to meet Marty at a few of the events.  He definitely knew how to make people laugh.

Rest in peace, Marty, we'll miss you.

:'(

tx_secsy    2

I first met Marty at an event where he told his ship channel caching story.  That has to be, hands down, the best and funniest caching story I have heard in the five years I have been in the sport.  At another event TDW and 5SH related a trip to south Texas that had every one rolling.  He was really helpful to us when we couldn't find one of his harder caches.  The caching community will miss him.  I am sure the family's loss is much greater than ours.  Our condolences to them. 

I have heard both of these stories, and you're right, hands down the funniest. I think the night we discussed these events was by a camp fire and it was discussed why one would find 1 sock in the woods. Remember Diane?

gsguru    28

I first met Marty at an event where he told his ship channel caching story.  That has to be, hands down, the best and funniest caching story I have heard in the five years I have been in the sport.  At another event TDW and 5SH related a trip to south Texas that had every one rolling.  He was really helpful to us when we couldn't find one of his harder caches.  The caching community will miss him.  I am sure the family's loss is much greater than ours.  Our condolences to them. 

I have heard both of these stories, and you're right, hands down the funniest. I think the night we discussed these events was by a camp fire and it was discussed why one would find 1 sock in the woods. Remember Diane?

haha.... yup!!

The family plans for Marty Peltz (fivesecrethunters) to be cremated in his hometown of Ash Grove, Missouri.  Next week, there will be a memorial service at his church in Katy, TX.  Following the memorial, there will be a reception with the family at their home.

61c7c2f6-cedc-484e-8cbf-6acc37d97569.jpg

Memorial Service:

5:30pm, Wednesday, November 11

Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Community  (www.epiphanycatholic.org)

1530 Norwalk Drive

Katy, TX

(Corner of Westgreen and Highland Knolls Dr.)

Reception:

Following the Memorial

Home of The Peltz Family

218 Stonebush Court

Katy, TX

*To access a Google Map with directions from the church to the home, click HERE.

ad25cda7-f33b-4fcd-839b-a0b8ca03b930.jpg

The family wishes me to express their thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Gary Foster

I met Marty at the Grillin and Chillin SETX Style Event in August '05. It was our first event cache and I was nervous and wondering what geocachers were going to be like. Marty was super nice to us and showed us a nano cache - the first one we'd ever seen. He was so excited about placing it. This news of his death is just so shocking.  :'( We will miss him.

Marty could always make me laugh, no matter what he was talking about.

I'll miss him!

"They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them"

Zephyr01    0

Marty could always make me laugh, no matter what he was talking about.

I'll miss him!

"They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them"

We miss you too Jim--where the heck have you been?!?!

Zephyr01    0

I have room for a couple of riders if anyone wants to carpool to the memorial service from Clear Lake.

Zephyr

AggieJWP    4

Maybe we could set up a "love offering" from his friends at HGCS through the donation button thing that Jason has on the site from time to time? It's just a thought.

PARKERPLUS    35

I'm planning to attend the memorial for Marty also.  As a show of respect, I will have my PARKERPLUS Button on with a Black band/tape covering the name like they do when a law enforcement officer/firefighter has pass away.  Maybe others should do the same.

gsguru    28

I'm planning to attend the memorial for Marty also.  As a show of respect, I will have my PARKERPLUS Button on with a Black band/tape covering the name like they do when a law enforcement officer/firefighter has pass away.  Maybe others should do the same.

I will be there but can't find my button.

Zephyr01    0

That was nice Neal.  I had my button in the car, but didn't see your post until this morning. Sry.

Wow, I just now found out about this. How sad.  :( 

The first time I met Marty was at the first Flying Saucer get together and then a few times after that at

other events. He was always fun to chat with and always had a smile on his face. He will be missed.

RIP

MAES    0

:'(

Just contacted TDW and found out about this sadness.

Met Marty for the first time at our now defunct cache "Martin Henry" very near TDW and his Queen's place.  Like Mr. Muddy Buddy, we remember looking for his nano in Memorial Park with no success and rember with some aggrivation the words "Nope" on the bolts on the nearby sewer vent. 

Thanks TDW for posting this....we know how much this has saddened you and all the rest of us.