SETX Octoberfest 2009

144 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

SETX Octoberfest will happen in just a few days.  Preparation is of the utmost importance.

Day 3:

When arriving at the registration desk, please make sure to get on the appropriate line, alphabetically or you will not be allowed in. 

It’s really quite simple. For example, we will be getting on the A-E line because our name starts with a “D”.  There will be signs indicating: A-E, G-I, P-Y.  Please note that since SETX Octoberfest gets bigger and better every year, this year they have added the “Y”.

Poor Zephyr is not allowed. 

....and there are no "M"'s....  :notme:

Posted · Report post

I was hoping to get to Octoberfest but my car will be in the shop. Anyone leaving Sat and returning Sat

looking for a gas- buying passenger? The Pocket Query is already loaded.

Posted · Report post

SETX Octoberfest will happen in just a few days.  Preparation is of the utmost importance.

Day 3:

When arriving at the registration desk, please make sure to get on the appropriate line, alphabetically or you will not be allowed in. 

It’s really quite simple. For example, we will be getting on the A-E line because our name starts with a “D”.  There will be signs indicating: A-E, G-I, P-Y.  Please note that since SETX Octoberfest gets bigger and better every year, this year they have added the “Y”.

That's just wrong.  :'(

Posted · Report post

SETX Octoberfest will happen in just a few days.  Preparation is of the utmost importance.

Day 3:

It’s really quite simple. For example, we will be getting on the A-E line because our name starts with a “D”.  There will be signs indicating: A-E, G-I, P-Y.  Please note that since SETX Octoberfest gets bigger and better every year, this year they have added the “Y”.

....and there are no "M"'s....  :notme:

That's just wrong.  :'(

Does it go by last name?  In that case we're a "B"  for Buddies.   ;D

Posted · Report post

Day 3:

Does it go by lasr name?  In that case we're a "B"  for Buddies.   ;D

I checked with the SETX Octoberfest officials.  It goes by first name, but don't worry,  I'll fill you guys in on how the event goes when I get home.

Posted · Report post

I was hoping to get to Octoberfest but my car will be in the shop. Anyone leaving Sat and returning Sat

Cachestacker and I are doing the Saturday round trip.  I think he lives down South.  You might see if you can work out something with him.  We are meeting downtown because I'm coming from NW side.

Posted · Report post

I am looking for a ride too.  ;)  Maybe we can hitchhike old school.

Posted · Report post

Day 3:

Yes it is!  :tickedoff:

But, i've already gotten it figured out. Ya'll just stay close and we'll all sneak in while everyone else is watching the Battle of the Bands contest!  O0

Posted · Report post

Day 3:

But, i've already gotten it figured out. Ya'll just stay close and we'll all sneak in while everyone else is watching the Battle of the Bands contest!  O0

Yeah!  Just wear a ribbon on your shirt that says "Judge" and you'll get in easy....or maybe one of those shirts that have "SECURITY" printed on the back.    ;)

Posted · Report post

Day 3:

Yeah!  Just wear a ribbon on your shirt that says "Judge" and you'll get in easy....or maybe one of those shirts that have "SECURITY" printed on the back.    ;)

Wait a second.  Do you mean that you will not be wearing lederhosen?

Posted · Report post

SETX Octoberfest is just about here. If you have been following the helpful tips, you should be proud of yourself, knowing that you have prepared successfully.  Here are some last minute things to do.

Day 2:

Load GPS.

Bring hiking stick.

Drink plenty of fluids.

Get passport out of the safety deposit box.

Get Vitamin B-12 shot.

Bring entry fee.

Pine cones.

Multiply, then divide.

Put batteries in the fog horn.

Use the large holes of the grater.

Posted · Report post

So, Davarle, what time are you leaving Houston to head to the event? 

Posted · Report post

Oh my goodness.  Is the event tomorrow?  I wasn't going to go because I hadn't prepared or planned.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Posted · Report post

SETX Octoberfest is finally here. Your last tip for today.

Day 1:

Have fun!!!

Posted · Report post

Oh my goodness.  Is the event tomorrow?  I wasn't going to go because I hadn't prepared or planned.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Can I have your "D" spot then since the "M"s aren't allowed? 

Posted · Report post

Everyone drive safely, there are a lot a crazy drivers out there... I'll be leaving to head that way shortly...  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

The event was the best!  If you missed this one, go to Spring Fling.  SETX group always puts out GREAT events!  Congrats to Makeitso, PromedRick and the rest of the SETX group for making this a day to remember!!  :)

Posted · Report post

Mr. davarle and I had a great time.  I don’t know how they do it, but the SETX Octoberfest gets better every year. A lot of hard work went into planning this.  There was geo bingo, a cache container contest, lots of caches in the park, good food, an auction of beautiful hand painted ammo cans, and an amazing prize give away. I appreciated the signs placed at the registration area and my special thanks gifts.

So thanks for indulging me in my insomniacs guide to SETX Octoberfest

For those of you that didn’t get a chance to go, plan on going next year. 

Day 364:

:2funny:;)

Posted · Report post

Davarles, did you guys polish off that bottle of wine on the way home?