Snoogans

A complete list of who IS going to GW7 and where you are staying.....

Please only comment on this thread if you are going or in the planning stages of going to GeoWoodstock VII in Bell Buckle, Tennessee.

Maybe we can organize some caravans and coordinate other activities....

Are you registered?

Do you have a paid registration?

When are you leaving?

Where are you staying?

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back?

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event?

I'm just now planning my trip details and thinking about where to stay. Here are my answers:

Are you registered?

Yep, Me, Mynda, Connor, Cujo, and 3 of my sockpuppet accounts. ;)

Yep, for me and Mynda. 2 Platnum registrations.

When are you leaving?

Thursday, May 21  very early or possibly very late on the 20th.

Where are you staying?

We're headed to NOLA for the first night. Mynda has never seen Nawlins and our departure time should give us a nice day there before settling in for the night.

It's lookin' like Murfreesboro for Friday and Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I'll be opportunistic. If we need to stop, I'll try to do it near a cache if I can + any don't miss caches along the way.

I plan to hit all the other events + possibly the trek to Virgin Falls which includes 4 other earthcaches if there's time...

Are you registered? Yes, Whatever is the second from the highest. I don't need recognition in the brochure thing.. LOL

Do you have a paid registration? See above

When are you leaving? Deb and I are leaving Thursday noonish. Returning Monday sometime.

Where are you staying? Staying with Patty. Not exactly sure where but she will send me the info. Going to stay Fri and Sat night.

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back? Most definitely. I need to work hard before I go so I can make the event my 2000 I don't think I can make it a nekkid cache, though. :crazy2:

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event? We are going to hit the Friday night event as well as the hike on Sunday. I am really looking forward to the Virgin Falls run.

Other stuff of interest. There is a park at the NW corner of GA that Scott and Michelle say is a "don't miss". Depending on time, we may spend some time there on Friday. The views and waterfalls are supposed to be spectacular.

The route there has been discussed in another thread and that is the one we will take going. On the way back, we are going to go through Little Rock.

My answers are almost the same as Diane.

Are you registered? Yes

Do you have a paid registration? Yes, Platinum, with T-shirt, meal and geocoin.

When are you leaving? Leaving Thursday morning. Returning Wednesday-ish.

Where are you staying? Staying with Patty. OK, actually I have MY OWN ROOM at the same hotel as Patti and the girls.  It's the Ramada Limited at 1855 S Church St, Murfreesboro, TN.  Going to stay Fri and Sat night.

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back? Somewhat.  I plan to follow TDW's route he posted elsewhere, more or less, and hit some of the Earthcaches between here and there

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event? I'm going to the Friday night welcome event, the Saturday night geocoin event, and plan to also do the Virgin Falls hike on Sunday -- if it's not too hot.

Didn't know about the park at the NW corner of GA, but might decide to check it out.

The route there has been discussed in another thread and that is the one I will take going. On the way back, I'm planning on going through Little Rock.  I may take my time and add a few north Texas counties to boot.  I don't have to be back to work until Thursday evening.

Please only comment on this thread if you are going or in the planning stages of going to GeoWoodstock VII in Bell Buckle, Tennessee.

Are you registered? Yes!

Do you have a paid registration?Yes, Platinum

When are you leaving?Thursday, back Mondayish

Where are you staying?with patty,Diane, Debi and HC, no just kidding, at the Comfort Inn in Murfreesburo.  I always stay at Comfort Inns

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back?Depends on what the family feels like doing.

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event?Friday night meet and greet, Event, Satruday Night Coin Frenzy event

I'm just now planning my trip details and thinking about where to stay. Here are my answers:

Are you registered?

Yep, Me, Mynda, Connor, Cujo, and 3 of my sockpuppet accounts. ;)

Yep, for me and Mynda. 2 Platnum registrations.

When are you leaving?

Thursday, May 21  very early or possibly very late on the 20th.

Where are you staying?

We're headed to NOLA for the first night. Mynda has never seen Nawlins and our departure time should give us a nice day there before settling in for the night.

It's lookin' like Murfreesboro for Friday and Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I'll be opportunistic. If we need to stop, I'll try to do it near a cache if I can + any don't miss caches along the way.

I plan to hit all the other events + possibly the trek to Virgin Falls which includes 4 other earthcaches if there's time...

I would like to plan a group pic at HGCS, plus possibly get Jeremy in the pic.  Since Snoogans is known literally worldwide, we should get him to approach Jeremy for some quick shots.  But I am hoping we all can meet up, even though at the last two events, you bumped into HGCS cachers whether you planned it or not!!  LOL!!

Are you registered? Yes.

Do you have a paid registration? Yes

When are you leaving? Thursday before Noon or as soon as practical after that.

Where are you staying? My parents house just a hop skip and a jump from Bell Buckle.

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back? Somewhat. I've done some on the way before.

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event? I'll probably try to attend the other events on Friday / Saturday. I may not be able to do the Virgin Falls stuff on Sunday, but maybe on Monday.

Are you registered? Yes

Do you have a paid registration? Yes, Platinum

When are you leaving? Leaving Tuesday morning. Returning Wednesday

Where are you staying?  Ramada Limited at 1855 S Church St, Murfreesboro, TN.  Going to stay Fri and Sat night.

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back? Yes

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event? I'm going to the Friday night welcome event, playing poker at GW, the Saturday night geocoin event, and plan to also do the Virgin Falls hike on Sunday

Vist my friend Jack in Lynchburg, TN.  and see Elvis in Memphis.

A maybe on the park at the NW corner of GA.

On the way back, I'm planning on going through Little Rock.  Plan on adding a few north Texas counties.

Are you registered? Yes

Paid registration. Yes Platinum

Leaving Thurswday morning and staying at La Quinta on Church St. in Murfreesboro Tn. Staying Friday and Saturday.

Caching some both coming and going.

a

Are you registered?  Yes.

Do you have a paid registration?  Yes.

When are you leaving? Depends on when Zephyr and I get back into Houston

Where are you staying?  America' Best something or another in Murfreesboro.

Will you be caching heavy on the way there or back?  Depends on when I can leave Houston

What extra things do you plan on doing other than the main event?  Caching and attending some other events including the one just across the line into Kentucky being held by some Florida cachers I know.

Looks like we have decent representation.

I STILL haven't made reservations. I'm such a procrastinator about stuff like that.... ::)

any rumor to where next years will be. I would love to go a mega!

No rumors, it's a tightly-held secret.  It'll be announced at the end of this year's event.

No rumors, it's a tightly-held secret.  It'll be announced at the end of this year's event.

So true.... from what I have heard, it takes about 18 months of planning, so it is already in the works for the next one.

Any guess on how many people will be there?? My guess is over 5K. Last year there was about 4400...

I am very much looking foward to this event.  Every event has been great and I have enjoyed them.  I just hope my family enjoys it as much as me!  :)

I was gonna drive the wife's car to save on gas, but I think I'll take my truck just so I can take my bike with.  The bike might be nice for getting around at the event -- especially if parking is a distance from everything.  O0

It has been rumored that next years GW will be in the Emerald City area...specifically...The Lily Pad because next year will be GroundSpeak's 10th anniversary.

(for any of you who haven't a clue what I'm talking about, some of the more "seasoned" cachers are welcome to jump in and enlighten)

But I must stress... this is only a rumor. Anyone going to GW in TN will find out if it's true because TPTB will announce next year's venue sometime on Saturday afternoon.

HC...

They are providing shuttles from the parking areas in Bell Buckle.

FYI for anyone who cares... the whole town of Bell Buckle is a little bigger than the venue where last years GW was held in CA, but not much. If anyone went to GW in CA, you will have an idea of how large an area it will be to walk around.

This is what is planned...They are going to shut off the whole town. No vehicle traffic will be allowed on the streets. You will park in the Town owned lots. If you haven't already paid your parking via the "registration package" you bought, the charge will be $5. Shuttles provided unless you just feel like walking. There are several shops in the "center" of town. Not sure if these will be open. All the shops are small so if they are open, they could be a little crowded.

The expected attendance is around 5000. This might sound like a lot of people in such a podunky town, but Bell Buckle puts on an annual craft/quilt festival that draws 5 times as many people as this GW will.

So, it's basically going to be like a big block party.

Another FYI, for anyone who is interested in Civil War history, the area in and around Bell Buckle has lots of stuff to see.

As far as must do caches... most of those are in the Nashville area. There are a bunch of really cool ones. Geo Mojo 6 comes to mind. It's the one at the Titan's Stadium. Make sure you bring a pencil if you go after that one. It doesn't have one in it.

If anyone has other questions, just let me know. I might be able to answer them.

Yeah, 5000 sounds like a lot of people, until you really think about it -- that would be a poor turnout for a high school football game.  ???

Still, I'm looking forward to it!  O0

I am very interested in the Civil War history and hope to find some caches regarding the civil war.  I am very excited because I really want to take time out and enjoy this event.  Last year in California, they got a bit of a cold front and whew, it was COLD!!

I am very interested in the Civil War history and hope to find some caches regarding the civil war.  I am very excited because I really want to take time out and enjoy this event.  Last year in California, they got a bit of a cold front and whew, it was COLD!!

There is a lot of Civil War history in the area. Beech Grove which is just off of I-24 near Bell Buckle has a neat small civil war cemetery. I think there is / was a cache there.

Stones River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro is good as well. Down near Chattanooga is Lookout Mountain / Chickamauga National battlefield. All good stuff to stop and see if you have the desire and time.

There is a lot of Civil War history in the area. Beech Grove which is just off of I-24 near Bell Buckle has a neat small civil war cemetery. I think there is / was a cache there.

Stones River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro is good as well. Down near Chattanooga is Lookout Mountain / Chickamauga National battlefield. All good stuff to stop and see if you have the desire and time.

Thanks Gil!!  I will be sure to check it out!!

We're staying at the Clarion Inn (5/22-5/23) where the Midnight Coin Event is being held. O0

We're staying at the Clarion Inn (5/22-5/23) where the Midnight Coin Event is being held. O0

woot!!!

.....Other stuff of interest. There is a park at the NW corner of GA that Scott and Michelle say is a "don't miss". Depending on time, we may spend some time there on Friday. The views and waterfalls are supposed to be spectacular.

Anybody know the name and general location of this "don't miss" park?  Is it Cloudland Canyon State Park?  ???

Anybody know the name and general location of this "don't miss" park?  Is it Cloudland Canyon State Park?  ???

I bet that is it. I've never been to that one.

But the views I saw from just doing a Google search for it remind me of the views I have seen at Savage Gulf State Natural Area in Tennessee. I've hiked 10 miles in and stayed at a cabin. Just gorgeous views of virgin forest. It appears there are 3 earth caches in that area.

Here is one of them.

.....Other stuff of interest. There is a park at the NW corner of GA that Scott and Michelle say is a "don't miss". Depending on time, we may spend some time there on Friday. The views and waterfalls are supposed to be spectacular.

Deb and I are planning on spending a couple of hours there mid day on Friday!! Cloudland canyon