cachestacker

EarthCache in Clear Lake - CCNP

cachestacker    736

From prior threads, I recall many cachers don't have ECs in their new cache report filter.  This one is in Dr. Ned and Fay Dudney Clear Creek Nature Center (f/k/a Clear Creek Nature Park / CCNP).

You can get the 411 HERE.

I am really happy to see all the new Earthcaches in Houston. I was talking awhile back how disappointed I was that there wasn't more Earthcaches in the area. I know how much work goes into these caches so a Big Big thanks!

cachestacker    736

Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate the positive feedback.  Have another almost ready to submit, located bit farther southwest.  And it's on something I have not seen one on anywhere in the US (I have not looked worldwide yet).

Is anyone else working on some or wanting to work on some ECs in the future?  I was wondering if we should at least have a separate EC thread under the Geocaching topic going for support on these if others are working on some, needing ideas, etc. in order to kick around some thoughts.

ggmorton    4

Is anyone else working on some or wanting to work on some ECs in the future?  I was wondering if we should at least have a separate EC thread under the Geocaching topic going for support on these if others are working on some, needing ideas, etc. in order to kick around some thoughts.

I've had an idea for one for a while, but it might be out of state.

Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate the positive feedback.  Have another almost ready to submit, located bit farther southwest.  And it's on something I have not seen one on anywhere in the US (I have not looked worldwide yet).

I agree that it might be time for an earthcache section on the forum.

AggieJWP    4

I agree that it might be time for an earthcache section on the forum.

iso50-obama-final.jpg

Muddy Buddies    103

We hope to make it out to the earthcache this weekend.  We had hoped to do it today, but between having tire problems today and Wherigo problems on the Clear Lake Wherigo, we ran out of time.  Hopefully, we'll continue to have good weather this weekend, so that we get out there tomorrow. 

cachestacker    736

MB - TB -- anyone know how long it takes after the EC is published on GC.com for the EC to filter through to EC.org?  One would think that would be fairly instantaneous.....   

Mr Muddy Buddy    223

MB - TB -- anyone know how long it takes after the EC is published on GC.com for the EC to filter through to EC.org?  One would think that would be fairly instantaneous.....   

It can take several weeks after you submit the EC to EC.org that they will publish it on GC.com.

They claim to have quite a backlog to filter through.

cachestacker    736

No.  My Wetlands of Clear Creek.

The Damon Mound one is new.  Wow.  Published today -- submitted SATURDAY.  They have caught up on their backlog, apparently!  It's in there if you do an advanced search on TEXAS for all of them in Texas.  But the Wetlands one is not. 

Got an e-mail off to them.

cachestacker    736

This one did take a few weeks.  It was submitted with Geoware was on vacation and was published as part of the large backlog.  It's cleared now.  Damon Mound is the new one that got through in 4 days (including date of submission in late afternoon, and date of publishing - mid-morning).