Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today is the day I quit smoking.

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am very foggy this morning. Kinda like a drug hangover (anyone have the nyquil hangover??) I have read that this is undersandable, but dang, it's Friday and I have to do payroll!!!

Day three and smoke free!!

Posted · Report post

I am very foggy this morning. Kinda like a drug hangover (anyone have the nyquil hangover??) I have read that this is undersandable, but dang, it's Friday and I have to do payroll!!!

WTG GIRLFRIEND!!!  O0

Posted · Report post

Just add me to payroll you'll feel better   :2funny: :2funny:

And Yippy on day 3...soon it will be day 30  O0 O0

Posted · Report post

Way to Go!!! O0 O0 O0

Telling the group was certainly a wise move. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.  ;):)

Where's the sign up sheet for middle-of-the-night phone calls?  :D

Posted · Report post

Just add me to payroll you'll feel better   :2funny: :2funny:

And Yippy on day 3...soon it will be day 30  O0 O0

Right now I am just looking for day 4!! Can't get my head around day 30

Posted · Report post

Way to Go!!! O0 O0 O0

Telling the group was certainly a wise move. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.  ;):)

Where's the sign up sheet for middle-of-the-night phone calls?  :D

LOL. Actually, according to another site, and true with me, the nights SUCK!!! I don't crave but I can't seem to stay asleep. This too shall pass by the end of the 2nd week.... so vary long from now.... Looking for day 4, looking for day 4, looking for day 4!

Posted · Report post

LOL. Actually, according to another site, and true with me, the nights SUCK!!! I don't crave but I can't seem to stay asleep. This too shall pass by the end of the 2nd week.... so vary long from now.... Looking for day 4, looking for day 4, looking for day 4!

So glad to hear you've still doing so well!  Have you tried taking an evening walk?  The fresh air might help with sleeping until the problem subsides.  Plus, you live by that awesome park now.  Use it to your advantage!

Posted · Report post

Random says "Congratulations for not being on fire for 3 days."

Skyfire says "Way to go!!!!!"

Posted · Report post

Yeah Diane,  I know you can do it. You have all the support of all you geocaching friends. You know you can call anytime you need to talk.  Keep it up.  ;D

Posted · Report post

I'm home and I'm still awake - the teenage daughter has a boyfriend over until the movie ends. Not going to sleep any time soon. :police:

I know we're not close, but I'm just a phone call away. 713-661-2275 ;)

Posted · Report post

Good Luck, Diane.

I quit for a year and a half, about 4 years ago. But, then I got some bad news from the Doctor and on the way home, stopped at a Diamond Shamrock...... now, I have decided. I have about 1/2 a pack left and that's it. The secret is not to buy any... I know that sound stupid, but, if you don't have any around, then you won't smoke.

I am determined this time to quit. I have COPD and I'm coughing a lot, lately. So, because of that and the new price rise, I quit.... period.....

So we can suffer together......

Oh and BTW.... I have been smoking for 49 years.. and I have quit hundreds of times. But now I need to and want to......Most people on the board don't remember when Doctors used to advertise on TV for Camels and the Flintstones for Winston....My, how times have changed...

Rick

Posted · Report post

Good Luck, Diane.

I quit for a year and a half, about 4 years ago. But, then I got some bad news from the Doctor and on the way home, stopped at a Diamond Shamrock...... now, I have decided. I have about 1/2 a pack left and that's it. The secret is not to buy any... I know that sound stupid, but, if you don't have any around, then you won't smoke.

I am determined this time to quit. I have COPD and I'm coughing a lot, lately. So, because of that and the new price rise, I quit.... period.....

So we can suffer together......

Oh and BTW.... I have been smoking for 49 years.. and I have quit hundreds of times. But now I need to and want to......Most people on the board don't remember when Doctors used to advertise on TV for Camels and the Flintstones for Winston....My, how times have changed...

Rick

Good luck Rick. I am quitting with the help of the patch and another forum for quitters. I can go on the other forum and rant and rave and they completely understand and offer words of encouragement.... not that this site won't either, but the other site is dedicated to quitters...

I don't have any cigs in the house but look longingly at the corner stop and shop.. only a 2 minute walk away.... hmmmm.... no. Day 4 and trying to maintain.....

Posted · Report post

Diane,

I smoked for 30 years then decided last fall I had had enough.  In early December I targeted Jan. 5th as my quit date.  I got a prescription for Chantix from my DR.  I have tried patches many time and they never worked like Chantix did.  I was also resolved to lose weight so I bought a rowing machine and built up to 45 minutes a day.  Whenever I get the "I gotta have a smoke" I do crunches or any kind of exercise.  If you are determined you can do it!!!

Posted · Report post

Diane,

I smoked for 30 years then decided last fall I had had enough.  In early December I targeted Jan. 5th as my quit date.  I got a prescription for Chantix from my DR.  I have tried patches many time and they never worked like Chantix did.  I was also resolved to lose weight so I bought a rowing machine and built up to 45 minutes a day.  Whenever I get the "I gotta have a smoke" I do crunches or any kind of exercise.  If you are determined you can do it!!!

Congratulations on your quit. This is truly the first time I have tried. Hopefully it will stick. If not, then I'll get back in the saddle until it does. I am determined NOT to live my life, any longer, tied to the nicotine demon hanging around my neck. I always thought the way I would quit would be when they put me in the ground. Now, I have decided that I want to really live the rest of my life in a healthy way. Whatever that may mean..... who knows?????

Posted · Report post

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you were holding up.

I'm really happy for you to be doing so well. It sounds like you are very determined.

I believe you have the strength of personality to pull this off. I tried four times before I finally quit. I was fishing on a beautiful day and I had just lit up. I set my cig down to bait my hook and as soon as I cast my line I set my rod between my knees and lit up a smoke.  I looked out he corner of my eye and saw the first cig smoldering on the edge of my tackle box and I was so disgusted with myself for not being able to keep track of one cig to another that I crumpled the pack up and snuffed out both butts. I thought I was going to go mad but after a month I forgot about smoking. Until then I never lasted more than 10 days.

Posted · Report post

Keep it up, Diane! You'll feel better soon!  O0 O0 O0

Posted · Report post

OK, I fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on it today..... WOW, this is tough!

Posted · Report post

Noooooooooooooooooooo.  You were doing so good!  Stick with it!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

OK, I fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on it today..... WOW, this is tough!

It is extremely tough! I once quit for 5 years then started again!  This time I haven't had a cig since 1/05/09.  I really hope this will be the final time I try to quit.  Chantix really helped!

Posted · Report post

I am doing pretty good now. No major cravings, but I am on the patch. I am just trying to break my habits right now..... very hard but doable

Congrats on your quit!!

Posted · Report post

Hey Diane,

I quit cold turkey, New Years Eve, 1989.  It worked. I always contended that it was my time to quit and that is why it worked.  This is your time to quit and it will work for you too.  A day at a time, a day at a time.  If you did not have a cigarette yesterday and your still alive, why do you need a cigarette today.  You can and will live without it. 

I did have a cigarette about three years later at a grandaughters wedding reception...yes, I was a little tight, lol, but that cigarette was the most terrible tasting thing I ever put in my mouth.  Couldn't believe I smoked for almost 45 years and I was just realizing how bad they tasted. 

You can do it kiddo, and believe me the next time I see you I will give you two kisses instead of one.  Now, I wonder why i only ever gave you one kiss at a time?  Hang in there and stop thinking about the store on the corner.  O0