ggmorton

Best TB resurrection story

156 posts in this topic

Well this is a fun TB rescue story. I went and found GC2x9n3 today a puzzle cache called BB 1000 cache Finds by Houston Control well I find the cache which had been replaced from the original cache back in 2012. I read a previous log that Trea had found the cache but it was full of water and log couldn't be signed, well the cache I found the log had never been wet and was in great condition. So I looked around a few more minutes and I found a lock and lock container that was full of water. I dumped it out and the wife noticed there was a trackable in it, this trackable. It was attached to a key chain and a tape measure but they were all rusted. The trackable is rusted a little the wife cleaned it up and we put it in a baggy. It can travel the world once again.

The TB page is

Not really a resurrection story, but cool nonetheless!

I sent a TB (http://coord.info/TB6C6DH ) on it's way to Europe during the Coinfest in October. Now, after only 4 months it's reached it's EXACT destination, my brothers TB-Hotel and therefore winning the 'race' with his (http://coord.info/TB4DJ8V:coolsmiley:

Cool beans!!

A2zman61, MsPat, SpunkyMonkey, and I were out caching in Dwight Eisenhower park and Alexander Deussen park today and in the same tree as the  Alexander Eisenhower 2 we found a TB just hanging from a limb. The TB was too big to fit into the cache so since it was exposed to the elements the chian is all rusted and brittle and the tag itself has some wear and tear. I stuck the TB in my back pocket and didnt think about in until just now. I went to go log that I grabbed the TB and the bug was marked in the hands of someone. Then I looked at the logs and it only had 3 logs. The original drop, 1 grabbed it log, and then a discovery in the same spot that I retrieved it. I will get this bug cleaned up and try to get it back into the field ASAP. It is the cacher's 1st TB and has been "missing" since April.  Ryan's first Travel Bug

cachestacker and amberita13 like this