Best TB resurrection story

153 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This must be MY YEAR for lost tb's to be put back in action. My Cass Family Smiley #1 is back in action after more than 2 years being MIA. It has almost 20K miles on it and been out since 2005. Love it when they get going again.!!

Posted · Report post

My best TB ressurection story is this:  I picked up a TB in San Diego in 2008.  I released it here and never thought anymore about it.  I hit a cache in Clear Lake and found it there.  When I read the log, it said that that TB had dissappeared about a year ago, from that very cache.  The cache had been hit often, so it was weird that no one else had seen it until I got there.  ???  Go figure!

Posted · Report post

i have one tb in my name that houston control gave to me in a cache and the first cache i put in in almost a year ago i guess now it went missing it really made me mad i dont hardly have any miles on it and i went to the cache i put it in in college station about 6 months after i put it there and it was no longer in the cache i really hope that it pops back up somewhere but i cant believe it went missing that quick

Posted · Report post

Missing TB's and coins seems to be getting worse with the flood of new cachers the phone apps have brought about.  Just my opinion, but it seems to be the case. :-[

Posted · Report post

My favorite TB, Angry Bob's, has been missing for two months, last logged by this Oregon cacher. Sent him an e-mail so I'm pretty optimistic...

post-776-131759832654_thumb.jpg

post-776-131759832655_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Oh my, maybe zoom in on the hair, maybe its stuck in there somewhere.

Posted · Report post

I picked up a TB in a Washington cache on the way to GW was last logged into a Tennessee event in April 2007.  It is moving again.

To follow up on my post from a little over a year ago, my Caching for my Dad TB turned up at GW after being missing for nearly two years.

Posted · Report post

Yay, good deal!  O0 O0  Bring it home, bring it home!!

One of my lost GeoCoins has been found!  O0 O0 O0

This Geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2DMQ4 disappeared in Jan 2009 and was recently found in Huntsville State Park by Rich & Lola. I had resigned myself to putting this one in the loss column. A happy ending...I may bring it home for a while.  ;)

Posted · Report post

I discovered a TB today in LaPorte but I didn't take it. Turns out, it hasn't been seen since May of 2007!! I made sure to log that I had discovered it along with the GC number of the cache where it was.

Posted · Report post

May not be the Best TB resurrection story but here goes. 

I was looking for any Travel Bugs in and around Deer Park last week and there were several listed. 

I remembered NEBULUS703 had made a comment on this website about finding a travel bug in La Porte.  Checking on all of the caches in and around La Porte, I found where John had made a Discovery log for a bug in the CITY OF LA PORTE HISTORY.  Making my way down here last weekend,  I stopped by the cache and found the travel Bug.

Checking the story of the bug,  #500391 - CURIOUS TRAVELER,  I saw where the bug was last dropped in a cache in Massachusetts in April of 2007.  Where it has been for the last three and one half years and who/when  dropped it down here in La Porte, we don't know.  But it back on board and will be moving again shortly. 

Posted · Report post

May not be the Best TB resurrection story but here goes. 

I was looking for any Travel Bugs in and around Deer Park last week and there were several listed. 

I remembered NEBULUS703 had made a comment on this website about finding a travel bug in La Porte.  Checking on all of the caches in and around La Porte, I found where John had made a Discovery log for a bug in the CITY OF LA PORTE HISTORY.  Making my way down here last weekend,  I stopped by the cache and found the travel Bug.

Checking the story of the bug,  #500391 - CURIOUS TRAVELER,  I saw where the bug was last dropped in a cache in Massachusetts in April of 2007.  Where it has been for the last three and one half years and who/when  dropped it down here in La Porte, we don't know.  But it back on board and will be moving again shortly.

woohoo.... Love it when I hear stories like this.

Posted · Report post

A couple of months ago, someone wrote me saying they had found one of my missing TB's in a garage sale.  They returned it to a nearby cache.

David  :teasing:

Posted · Report post

A Breast Cancer Awareness Geocoin I had dedicated to my deceased mother disappeared almost 3 years ago... and turned up today!  Turns out some newbie cacher took it from a cache (didn't log it), didn't cache for 2 years, then dropped it in a seldom-visited cache last May.  Someone found it today and it's back in circulation.  Woo hoo!  O0

Posted · Report post

OK, here's another resurrection story.  My Masters of Cache geocoin that I released in 2006, disappeared from a cache in Indiana in 2009.  Now it has reappeared!!!

...for sale on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110647147500  >:(

I was tipped off by a cacher from the Czech Republic who saw it for sale and inquired about the tracking number.  The seller is from Indiana -- go figure.

Posted · Report post

Did you send him a note telling him to go drop it in a cache?

Posted · Report post

I innocently asked about the tracking number and if the coin was already activated on GC.com.  We'll see if he replies.

Posted · Report post

I innocently asked about the tracking number and if the coin was already activated on GC.com.  We'll see if he replies.

It looks like he is just some sort of dealer.  Probably paid a buck or two for it and trying to sell it off.  Maybe you could get a good deal on it by lumping his other two items in with it on a bundle price.  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

It looks like he is just some sort of dealer.  Probably paid a buck or two for it and trying to sell it off.  Maybe you could get a good deal on it by lumping his other two items in with it on a bundle price.  :2funny:

I don't plan on paying for the same coin twice!

But I could use the Extenze... >:D

Posted · Report post

The woman selling it replied back to my question.  She said that someone else asked her if it was activated (I guess the Czech cacher who tipped me off about it).  She gave him the tracking number and he told her it belonged to HoustonControl and she wanted to know if that was me.  She said they were visiting the cemetery and found the cache by accident a couple of years ago.  They didn't know what geocaching was, but the note said to take something and leave something -- so they did!  I told her that since the coin has already been activated, it's kind of like selling a car without the keys or title.  Nice to look at, but not good for much else.

She has ended the auction and has offered to put the coin back in the cache or mail it back to me.  O0

Posted · Report post

Well that ended well!  Congrats  O0

Posted · Report post

I wish more ended up like that.  I'm so glad she was understanding.