Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seen while out Caching.

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I took both of these pictures while out caching today.  (phone camera, not so great)

Here's the good part:

IMG00018-20090307-1534.jpg

Here's the BAD part:

IMG00017-20090307-1050.jpg

Posted · Report post

Where were you?  Is that a Cottonmouth?  Thanks for the pics.

Posted · Report post

Was Mrs. MB with you?  I heard she likes snakes  ::)

No.  She was far away and safe from the evil snakes.

Posted · Report post

Where were you?  Is that a Cottonmouth?  Thanks for the pics.

The snake picture was on the way back from FTFC#61.

The Bluebonnets were east of Otto's Picnic closer to Fry Road.

Posted · Report post

And I freaked out over the little green garter snake I grabbed today while searching for a cache...  It didn't occur to me the big boys would be out too. 

Posted · Report post

As I went away to Trainer's Weekend at GS Camp, I told Mr. Muddy Buddy to be careful and when I come back he's telling me about seeing 2 snakes and falling down a hill and skinning up his arm.  He also walked about 7 1/2 miles and rode his bike 15 miles.  I think this was one weekend that I think that I was glad that I was relaxing and socializing at GS camp while he was going through boot camp geocaching. 

Posted · Report post

That reminds me.

Has anyone seen or heard from Fisk?

He has my snake stick!

Posted · Report post

Well now I know what cottonmouths look like in "strike postion"  Did the snake every strike or did it slther away?

Posted · Report post

Well now I know what cottonmouths look like in "strike postion"  Did the snake every strike or did it slther away?

The darn thing didn't move except to rotate it's head as we walked around it. The guys kept getting closer to get a good picture. I got as far away from the action as I could and still watch. Seriously, I was behind Fendmar and if he didn't actually step right on it then it was right next to it. He really did jump straight up and back. Very lucky day for Mike!

Posted · Report post

Fendmar must attract those things.  I believe he was nearby in GBP when gsguru and Mrs. MoreLeft almost stepped on this guy:

9ef5f65c-86cb-49f5-837a-c5eedb292e5a.jpg

Posted · Report post

Not a friendly looking creature is he?

Posted · Report post

I was doing yard work yesterday and saw a snake under one of our landscaping rocks after I had picked it up.  I swear I did three back-flips and a kip getting away from that thing.  One of the neighbors who was also out doing some work came running over cause he was afraid I was going insane.  Of course, after he saw how small the snake was, he just couldn't stop laughing.  In hindsight, it was pretty funny.

Posted · Report post

Note to Self:  Make sure and stay at least 10 paces behind Fendmar while caching.....  ;)

Fendmar must attract those things.  I believe he was nearby in GBP when gsguru and Mrs. MoreLeft almost stepped on this guy:

Posted · Report post

Well from the looks of all the closeups taken by the professional photographers we have out there in our GC Foroum, they open their mouth as a warning more than strking.  I guess you really need to threaten them to strike, like stepping on them or something.  I just want to know home much time I have to "skidaddle" on out of there when I see that mouth open?!

Posted · Report post

Well from the looks of all the closeups taken by the professional photographers we have out there in our GC Foroum, they open their mouth as a warning more than strking.  I guess you really need to threaten them to strike, like stepping on them or something.  I just want to know home much time I have to "skidaddle" on out of there when I see that mouth open?!

I wouldn't advise trying to find out.

Posted · Report post

I believe one of my first TFC #61 is located.  I almost step on him.  All I could see was a pink mouth.

Posted · Report post

Here's another sight that we happened upon while out caching... in Phoenix, Arizona.

It certainly reminded us of the SETX folks.

100_4135.jpg

Posted · Report post

We saw something pretty funny while out caching yesterday.  First we had gone to a cache called Muddy Waters.  To get to you we went along a road that lead down under a bridge to the water.  We went one direction to the cache, but I noticed a truck hauling a golf cart behind them.  The dad and son got out and went towards the water and came back with a beer bottle.  I thought that it was odd that they looked like they were picking up trash but would only pick up one piece of trash and left.  I didn't think anything more about it until we we got back up on the main road and we were driving along and I happened to notice a vehicle parked on the side of the road and near the vehicle was a dead armadillo that was on its back.  The funny part was that this armadillo was now holding a beer bottle.  The vehicle beside this armadillo was the one that we had seen near the cache retrieving a beer bottle.  The mystery was solved as to why these 2 guys had only grabbed one beer bottle.  I would have liked to have taken a picture, but Stan didn't want to turn around. 

Posted · Report post

We saw something pretty funny while out caching yesterday.  First we had gone to a cache called Muddy Waters.  To get to you we went along a road that lead down under a bridge to the water.   We went one direction to the cache, but I noticed a truck hauling a golf cart behind them.  The dad and son got out and went towards the water and came back with a beer bottle.  I thought that it was odd that they looked like they were picking up trash but would only pick up one piece of trash and left.  I didn't think anything more about it until we we got back up on the main road and we were driving along and I happened to notice a vehicle parked on the side of the road and near the vehicle was a dead armadillo that was on its back.  The funny part was that this armadillo was now holding a beer bottle.  The vehicle beside this armadillo was the one that we had seen near the cache retrieving a beer bottle.  The mystery was solved as to why these 2 guys had only grabbed one beer bottle.   I would have liked to have taken a picture, but Stan didn't want to turn around.   

STAN!  You can't give up on a priceless photo op like that!!!  :)    Kathy, you need to be more assertive!  :D

Posted · Report post

I live out in the country near Fulshear and we have assorted snake issues including cotton mouths.  Even had one on my back porch once and one fell in the swimming pool.  My expericence is they will show their mouth first but they WON'T back off and if you get to close they won't hesitate to strike.  Some years back one of our dogs got to close and got bit on the foot. That was a expensive vet bill!!

Posted · Report post

Ahhhhhhh what a cute, cuddly snake !....

He just needs a hug and a little petting... Instead of stepping on him...

Snakes have feelings  too  !!!!

kum-by-ya, kum-by-ya  :D

Posted · Report post

The pic posted by Deafdillos is very funny.

The pic of the pink flamingos....if you live in Cypress, there is a high school group that is doing a fundraiser.  You can pay to have a friend (or maybe a foe) flocked with pink flamingos.  I think that would be so much worse than finding toilet paper in my trees.

Posted · Report post

You can pay to have a friend (or maybe a foe) flocked with pink flamingos.  I think that would be so much worse than finding toilet paper in my trees.

But it would be so much easier to get rid of the flamingos since you could just call the company to come pick them up.  Toilet tissue in trees is a different story.  ;)