Scott...yer CRAZY

Geocaches at Brazos Bend SP

Just received this e-mail from David....

Greetings,

I wanted to let you guys know that we now have a list of geocaches at Brazos Bend State Park on our website at www.brazosbend.org.  Click on "activities" and click on "Geocaching at Brazos Bend SP".  As long as Steven keeps me updated I'll keep the list updated.  The list will also be posted on bulletin boards at the park.    Please feel free to spread the word to fellow cachers in the area.

Also,  The state is starting to get a little more strict on unpermitted caches in parks.  If you know any one with a unpermitted cache at Brazos Bend please encourage them to request a permit through me.  I want to promote  Geocaching but there my come a time when we have to remove unpermitted caches.

Happy caching and thanks for all your help,

David Heinicke

I don't know if they should be posted on the bulletin board.  Maybe having them available at the office, but only on request.  Anyone that wants to cache needs to be prepared.

I don't know if they should be posted on the bulletin board.  Maybe having them available at the office, but only on request.  Anyone that wants to cache needs to be prepared.

If you look at the list, there is no way to go search for the caches without being prepared.

BUT people go on hikes everyday at state parks that are not prepared. example....moms in high heels pushing baby strollers up ENCHANTED ROCK.

Thanks for the information Scott.  As new caches are put in place, I'll try and keep David updated with a current list.  If anyone needs a copy of the permit, let me know.  It's kind of a pain because you have to go out and get the coordinates for the permit before placing the cache.  Once David approves the permit, at that point you can go and place the cache.  Also, they do actually check the coordinates before it is approved.  I turned in 22 permits last week and he denied 5 of them due to a high traffic walking trail and the possibility of muggles reporting us hiding stuff in the woods.  I hope to meet a lot of cachers this weekend at the bench dedication. Thanks - CachinSpree

Nothing I like better than taking the 5th wheel to Brazos bend for weekend of caching. Some very good one's there.

soon as it cools off I intend to do the endurance trail. Looks like fun. Would love to get a group Houston to go down there..

Nothing I like better than taking the 5th wheel to Brazos bend for weekend of caching. Some very good one's there.

soon as it cools off I intend to do the endurance trail. Looks like fun. Would love to get a group Houston to go down there..

I'm up for that run later in the year.

Count me in.

Does anyone know if there are any night caches / fire tracks there?  We did a night hike when my cub scouts stayed over at Georges Observatory and had a great time! 

I think they would have to stick to established trails, but that would still be fun.

-Greg

Yeah,  I have been holding off doing any caches in the park until it gets a little cooler. I need to use my park pass some, so sometime this fall would / could be great.

All caches are off established trails. Night would be a major challange. Take your bike for easier access. One of the Rv clubs I belong to is going there the weekend of Oct 31, however I intend to go down Thurs. to get a good spot, that will give me Fri and Sat to hunt and then Sunday to break down to come home. nite time I prefer to sit by fire with a (few?) cold one's.  Oh, don't forget my world famous ribs, or a juicy steak to enhance the cold one's.

That sounds like fun.

Specialias Reviloly (sp?) and I went down there for a day of cache. We were only able to do about half, some very good hides.

Earth Cache too!

I'll watch here for dates.

The Endurance Seires at BBSP is not on any established trail, so a bike wouldn't do you  any good.

For most of the rest of the caches, bikes would be super.

All caches are off established trails. Night would be a major challange. Take your bike for easier access. One of the Rv clubs I belong to is going there the weekend of Oct 31, however I intend to go down Thurs. to get a good spot, that will give me Fri and Sat to hunt and then Sunday to break down to come home. nite time I prefer to sit by fire with a (few?) cold one's.  Oh, don't forget my world famous ribs, or a juicy steak to enhance the cold one's.

This looks like a fun place to go, but it's a little ways out from SETX.  I see no one has said anything since Aug, but is all that were interested still going? 

This looks like a fun place to go, but it's a little ways out from SETX.  I see no one has said anything since Aug, but is all that were interested still going? 

I might go if the date is right.

I need to do the endurance trail if any one is intersted on a weeekend

I need to do the endurance trail if any one is intersted on a weeekend

If I'm not workin weekends by that time or if I have the weekend off on the scheduled date, count me in.  I just got a message from cachestacker about the event.

I think he just meant the event of doing the BB Endurance Series.  Unless you're volunteering to host a morning breakfast around there prior to starting -- so we get one more smiley.  ;)O0>:D::)

I'd love to get the endurance series done.  Its been pretty damp though, definitely a complication.  Right time of year though.