cachestacker

Congrats to Texas Bandits on the new EarthCache!

it was hard to find some good fossil voids in the dark without a flashlight. i'll have to go back during the day to really explore.  it really is a pretty cool earthcache. now i want to go to the other locations listed and see if they're any different. thanks again and definitely congrats!

We don't get notifications for new Earthcaches (as if they come out that often!) so thanks for posting this!  This one is walking distance from Mr. OSC's work...(and that would probably mean Raven, Mr MTc, Alderon, and anyone else who works downtown....)  O0

cachestacker    736

I have set notifications for EarthCaches to any within a few hundred miles just so I'm aware if any pop up.  I have a feeling there will be more coming soon. O0

I have set notifications for EarthCaches to any within a few hundred miles just so I'm aware if any pop up.  I have a feeling there will be more coming soon. O0

Are you working on an Earth cache? I have worked on a couple, but lost interest before they were published. I also have a half dozen regular caches hidden around clear lake area, but never published. I have a very short attention span.

I want to go do the diamond earth cache in Arkansas, I can't think of the name right now.

Thanks. :) I actually started this back in October but got side tracked while gathering all of the info. I had it ready to go in December, but had to jump through hoops with the Geosociety and red tape with City Hall trying to get permission to place the cache there. I explained to the Geosociety that all info could be gathered from a public sidewalk so they didn't need to worry about anyone trespassing. City Hall told me the entire buildnig is public, but they wanted to make sure I wasn't profitting off of this in any way.  :-\ Then the holidays came and I never heard from City Hall again. After explaining everything to the Geosociety again, they finally gave it the green light this week.  O0

After all of that, I still want to put some more out, but it might be awhile.  :laugh:

Take a look at GCZNR8, near Kimberly, AR. Visited the park during our Rita evac but got rained out, and this was well before the geo-addiction took hold. Still a very neat place, and you never know what you will find in that field

Wow, we've been there before, but it was before our geocaching days. I think I have pictures of all the requirements for that cache other than having my gps in one. A good excuse to go back up there. :) 

cachestacker    736

VC -- I've been to the diamond mine with the kiddo-s, but that, too, was about 6 months before I started caching.  We'll be back, I'm sure.

Yes - I have a couple of planned EarthCaches.  One I am making significant progress on from an approval standpoint with the land manager.  That one is in Clear Lake.  The other one keeps stalling out, but I have high hopes for it.  That one is East of Houston.

I have an idea for a 3rd that I think approval will be fairly easy, and another in far West Texas that I'm getting nowhere on.....

Now -- VC -- go publishes those regular caches you have stashed in our neck of the woods!

Mrs. ATMA    0

I want to go do the diamond earth cache in Arkansas, I can't think of the name right now.

It's Crater of Diamonds State Park near Murfreesboro, AR.  Tim and I went there in November 2007 and Tim actually found a nice .36 size diamond.  It was pretty funny because he was so calm about it that i didn't even know until he gave it to me for Christmas when we were in Hawaii.  The trip to AR was a lot of fun and very memorable.  We even stopped off in Hope AR and visited the home sites of former President Clinton and also a hometown museum.  If you get a chance to go - do! You won't forget it.  There are also alot of caches in and around the park area especially in Murfreesboro.

cachestacker    736

And congrats to the Muddy Buddies  for OxBow at Hale Lake

Sweet!  Another EC!  I have yet to make it to BBSP.  Got to plan a whole day caching there and in that area, and will still likely not make a huge dent!  Thanks, Muddy Buddies for establishing this EarthCache!