Sign in to follow this  
Mr. KandRS

First Houston Wherigo

Zephyr01    0

Whereigo...stupidest idea ever.....

Dunno, getting rid of virtuals, locationless, and webcams tops that....  :veryangry:

All are stupid!  :tickedoff:

Zephyr01    0

OHail and I are going to be doing this it looks like this Sunday, March 8th.  She is going to post info and anyone wanting to join us is free to do so.  We will share her new Colorado!!  WOOT!  O0

Zephyr

OHail    13

OHail and I are going to be doing this it looks like this Sunday, March 8th.  She is going to post info and anyone wanting to join us is free to do so.  We will share her new Colorado!!  WOOT!  O0

Zephyr

What she said.  :D

Zephyr and I will be caching in the area so we are flexible on what time to do the Wherigo.  Anyone who is interested in joining us is welcome, as she said.  Any time better than another for anyone who wants to be there?

OHail    13

anyone wanting to join us is free to do so.  Zephyr

I don't know about the "free" part but cheap, though, like solutions to puzzle caches or coordinates to the final of multis, etc.  ;)

(Just kidding.)  :)

Muddy Buddies    103

I came home after the event tonight and told Stan about the planned meet up and he seemed interested, so we may try to make it Sunday at 1 p.m.  (which is when Zephyr told me). 

Zephyr01    0

1 PM is what time she told me, too.

Right we discussed it at the event and we will meet at the posted cache cords at 1pm on Sunday.  I think there will be 5 or 6 folks joining us from the way it looked so a good group.  :)

Whereigo event

See ya'll at 1!

Zephyr

Right we discussed it at the event and we will meet at the posted cache cords at 1pm on Sunday.  I think there will be 5 or 6 folks joining us from the way it looked so a good group.  :)

Whereigo event

See ya'll at 1!

Zephyr

I will prolly show up just to see what it is all about.

Zephyr01    0

Whereigo event

See ya'll at 1!

Zephyr

I will prolly show up just to see what it is all about.

Oooh, OHail, we have a hit!! Karen is a BIG puzzle solver!!  :crazy2:  :2funny:

Give us your solutions!!

Hey, I am all about giving out hints, since I usually need a hint to solve a puzzle.  O0

Don't hesitate to email me about hints for my puzzles and puzzles I have solved.  :) You don't have to worry about me giving out solutions. I haven't came up with a good system to keep puzzle solutions.  :'(

Some puzzles I solve multiple times before finding the cache.

I have solved "Feral Cacher" at least four times and still have not found the cache.  :crazy2:

OHail    13

I'm sorry I will have to disappoint anyone but I won't be coming out this weekend after all.  My mom is having hip problems and doesn't think she can/should make the trip just yet. 

We will come out when her hip gets better.  I'll still be willing to go to the Wherigo with anyone who wants to go whenever we get there.

Again, I apologize.

Muddy Buddies    103

I'm sorry I will have to disappoint anyone but I won't be coming out this weekend after all.  My mom is having hip problems and doesn't think she can/should make the trip just yet. 

We will come out when her hip gets better.  I'll still be willing to go to the Wherigo with anyone who wants to go whenever we get there.

Again, I apologize.

Sorry you can't make it.  I guess this means the Whereigo is off for Sunday.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get in on it when it's rescheduled. 

OHail    13

Sorry you can't make it.  I guess this means the Whereigo is off for Sunday.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get in on it when it's rescheduled. 

I guess it does mean the Wherigo is off for Sunday since the Colorado is staying home with me.  :D

I was looking forward to it but there will be another time.  As soon as I know when the trip is rescheduled, I'll let everyone know. 

HoustonControl    1,044

OK, my Wherigo is in the queue for PR's review.  GC1D7X1

Congratulations for getting that accomplished. 

Thanks, it's been a year in the making.  I got home from the Club UFO event yesterday and found myself with some extra time, so I finished the programming (I believe).  I submitted the cache last night and remembered about 20 minutes later that I'd forgotten to include a Final Cache waypoint.  I went back to do that and PR had already posted a reviewer note and disabled the cache.  I added the waypoint and he published the cache overnight!  I didn't even get a chance to go put Georeynozos' Wherigo geocoin in the cache yet.  :o

I am open to walking through the Wherigo Adventure with anyone who has a Colorado or Oregon -- or any other platform, for that matter.  Just email or PM me.  I want to make sure the cartridge works properly on something other than a pocketPC.  I'd hate for someone to spend 30-45 minutes driving/walking/biking all over the BNC only to have the cart crash and them not get the cache.  :-\

georeyna    108

What?  Gheeze, why did you not tell me!!  I thought it would be another 6 months before you completed this!!  :P

I will have to arrange a day next week to test it with you.  Ok, which day are you not working triple shift, for a sick employee, chained to the fence of the evil company's lair?

LMK!! 

HoustonControl    1,044

What?  Gheeze, why did you not tell me!!  I thought it would be another 6 months before you completed this!!  :P

I will have to arrange a day next week to test it with you.   Ok, which day are you not working triple shift, for a sick employee, chained to the fence of the evil company's lair?

LMK!! 

Well, I didn't know I would even be finishing it up until I set my mind to it when I got home yesterday.  Took another 8 hours or so of work to wrap it up.  I should be off next Monday and Tuesday and be available to go with.  "Should" being the operative word....

If you have your Colorado, could you at least see if the cartridge will download and run?  It's the first time I've compiled and uploaded a cartridge, and I'm not even 100% sure I have the link going to the right place.  :o

Mr. KandRS    0

Well, I'm glad you got it done, no thanks to me.  Sorry I've been really busy at work and at home getting ready for the MS150.

Now I have to find time to get out there and get that one.  I placed mine, but I don't have that kind of smiley yet.

georeyna    108

I will have to arrange a day next week to test it with you.   Ok, which day are you not working triple shift, for a sick employee, chained to the fence of the evil company's lair?

LMK!! 

Well, I didn't know I would even be finishing it up until I set my mind to it when I got home yesterday.  Took another 8 hours or so of work to wrap it up.  I should be off next Monday and Tuesday and be available to go with.  "Should" being the operative word....

If you have your Colorado, could you at least see if the cartridge will download and run?  It's the first time I've compiled and uploaded a cartridge, and I'm not even 100% sure I have the link going to the right place.  :o

It can be downloaded, check, runs, check, found ???????

HoustonControl    1,044

Well, I'm glad you got it done, no thanks to me.  Sorry I've been really busy at work and at home getting ready for the MS150.

Now I have to find time to get out there and get that one.  I placed mine, but I don't have that kind of smiley yet.

Make sure you have your GPSr, as well as your smartphone.  A bike would come in handy too.  O0